The Sewers

Breaking Through

CL’s POV

Daesung crept down the filthy sewer, hand outstretched behind him for me to take. I reached out and grabbed his hand, reaching my other hand behind me for Dara to take as the four of us entered the dark sewers under the cover of night. I felt Dara grasp my hand tightly, and I could feel her shudder in anticipation of what we were about to do.

We – Daesung, Dara, Taeyang, and I – had snuck out of our headquarters in the dead of night, headed for the sewers Daesung had once called home. Why? Daesung had been contacted by one of Jongwa’s forces. This person was very cryptic, and said, “Come to the place you met your brother, on the unluckiest day.” Daesung looked at the calendar, there wasn’t a Friday the Thirteenth until next year, and it wasn’t clear whether any of us would be alive by then. So, we settled for the thirteenth day of this month – which happened to be tomorrow. Or today. It’s past midnight now, so wouldn’t it be today? – , and hoped it was what we were supposed to do.

Then came figuring out where Daesung ‘met his brother’. Which brother? Jiyoung? Daesung said he met Jiyoung at a black market in the ruins of Seoul. That black market was shut down three years ago, and is now controlled by Jongwa’s forces. Daesung met Taeyang and Top at their old house, which was now destroyed and also not in a friendly neighborhood. So that left Seungri. Daesung actually couldn’t really remember where he met Seungri, but he did know where they lived.

Daesung came to me just before I went to bed earlier tonight. He barged in, breathing heavy yet still managing to make quick sentences as he tried to explain something to me. I was in the process of changing, so I was a little angry that he had barged in. I kept telling him to turn around, but he wouldn’t, just continuing to insist that I listen and help him, that I come with him. Finally I crossed my arms and glared at him until he calmed down enough to take the hint and turn around. After I had finished getting changed into a pair of black leggings and a black shirt, I told Daesung he could turn around and explain.

“Jongwa!” was all he needed to say to banish any residual anger I harbored for him. “One of Jongwa’s forces, they sent me an e-mail!”

I stopped him there. “What’s an…. Eeeemail?”

Daesung rolled his eyes. “It means electronic mail. It was used hundreds and hundreds of years ago! No one uses it anymore, because it’s dinosaur-level ancient! But this guy used it! The satellites that were used to send the e-mails back then, they’re still in use for Jongwa’s equipment! No one monitors the e-mail communications anymore because no one uses it! But this guy, he sent an e-mail to my computer!”

I blinked, and tried to process this information. “So one of Jongwa’s forces got into contact with you via… electronic mail… which hasn’t been used since God-knows-how-long? Is that’s what happening?”

“Yep!” Daesung answered. “He told me to meet him at the place I met my brother on the unluckiest day!”

“Which is where and when?” I asked, massaging my temples. Daesung was speaking too fast and not making sense.

“The sewers where me and Seungri lived! And on the thirteenth!” Daesung said.

“Today is the twelfth.” I say to myself under my breath. “So are you going tomorrow?”

“Nope!” Daesung chirped. “I’m going tonight! With you!”

“What?” I asked, using my ‘tell me you’re kidding’ voice.

“I’m going tonight. So that when we get there, it’ll be past midnight, and technically be the thirteenth. And you’re coming with me in case I need some extra help!” Daesung explained.

“Why don’t you take one of the guys?” I asked him, certain that two men with wings and super speed would be a lot better of a team than one grounded, powerless girl and a super human angel.

“That’s a good idea!” Daesung exclaimed. “Let’s go get Taeyang! He could help us out!” With that, Daesung grabbed my arm, and pulled me from my room. I protested halfheartedly, knowing that I was going with Daesung, whether I wanted to or not.

Daesung led me through the hallways to Taeyang’s room. We knocked on the door, and received only a groan in response.

“Hyung!” Daesung called through the door, knocking once again. There was silence, and Daesung rolled his eyes before saying, “C’mon hyung! It’s important!” There was a louder groan, and then the creaks of bedsprings as Taeyang got off his bed. He took his time getting to the door, and he made sure we knew he wasn’t happy when he did.

“Yes?” Taeyang glared at Daesung.

“Hyung, we need you to come with us to the sewers where Seungri and I used to live!” Daesung said, reaching to grab Taeyang’s shoulder to pull him out. But Taeyang was too quick, and he pulled back, closing the door a little.

“Not in this lifetime.” He responds. “Come back when it’s light out.”

“But hyung!” Daesung whines. “There’s training tomorrow! We won’t have time to go then, and if we wait longer than that, it’ll be too late!”

“What do you mean, it’ll be too late?” Taeyang asked.

“One of Jongwa’s forces sent him an e-mail.” I explained. “The e-mail told him to come meet this guy at the sewers on the thirteenth. Since none of us will have time tomorrow, Daesung is going to go right now, so that it’s after midnight once we get there, and then meet this guy.”

Taeyang just looked at me in pretty much the same way I looked at Daesung when he told me this. Then he looked at Daesung and I knew just from the intense glare between the two of them that they were communicating telepathically. Suddenly, Daesung broke into a smile.

“Yay! Taeyang hyung and Dara noona are going to come with us!!” Daesung cheered. Taeyang rolled his eyes and shut the door.

I looked at Daesung. “Dara’s in there?”

“Yep!” Daesung answered. Huh.

A few minutes later, a dead tired looking Dara and a slightly-ticked Taeyang came out of the room. Dara looked at me like I owed her one. I smiled, and linked arms with her as the four of us walked down the hallway. We were heading for the sewers.

Which brings us to right now…

Daesung POV

We are in the sewers of Seoul City. I lead the other three through the labyrinth of tunnels, canals and ducts. I didn’t want to tell anyone about the strange e-mail except for Taeyang, CL, and Dara, because all of the other had other things on their minds. Seungri and Minzy were always busy with checking out the perimeter of the HQ (and each other). Top hyung and Bom noona were busy with Teen top in the weapons center. Umma and Appa were out of the question- neither of them can keep a secret. Jiyoung hyung was drawing out battle plans all the time- and I’m pretty sure he is mentally unprepared to meet an insider from Jongwa’s cohort; he would probably strangle him or something. Sora….was trying to deal with her own problems, I didn’t want to worry her. “Now we turn the corner here, and go into the tunnel away pointing away from the yellow and black circle on the wall.” I say, pointing us the right way.

 

I can’t help but remember the good times Seungri and I had down here. We were tiny kids, not easily noticed by the adults around us. But that didn’t bother us, it make it easily to steal from others, spy on people, learn to use our powers, and stay alive until we were found by YG appa. And stopped doing illegal things without adult supervision…. Yeeeeeep. We had some good times.

 

“What does that yellow and black circle mean?” ask Taeyang.

“No idea, it’s been there since the ancient days by the looks of it.” I mutter.

Dara and CL look at the two of us like we were insane. “That’s the symbol for radioactive waste!” Dara hisses.

CL glares at me, “Don’t tell me you and Seungri stayed near radioactive waste!”

“Errm…. no. Thats why we are going away from that tunnel.” I say, trying not to melt under the intensity of her stare.

“How did you know to stay away from-” Taeyang starts, but I silence him by raising my hand. I heard something from down the tunnel. CL glances at me, and so does Dara - they both heard it too.

The four of us instinctively stiffen, ready for whatever is to come.  Then we hear a voice that seems to bounce off all over the walls, and comes from everywhere and anywhere. “So, you have come.

I find my voice and say, sarcastically “You called, so I came.” CL kicks my shin, and I wince.

“Well, technically, I hacked your IP address and e-mailed you, but lets not get into details.” says the voice, in the same snarky manner.

Taeyang stifles a laugh.

Dara rolls her eyes and gets down to business. “You said you have information about Jongwa?”

“Well now, I never said that….exactly.” said the mystery voice.

CL narrows her eyes at the corner where the voice last came from. “So why are we here then?”

“I’m not sure why you came, but…..I have something that might interest Daesung and Taeyang.”echoes the voice from the opposite end of the room.

“How do you know who we are?” asks Taeyang, at the same time I ask “What do you have for us?”

“It’s a long story, but here.” says the voice. I hear a clicking noise next to my feet. A flash drive that was not there a second ago has landed there.  Instantaneously I jerk my head up to where the drive fell from.

Nobody is there. I debate whether or not to pick up the flash drive. For all I know it could be a bomb….

“You’ll need the contents of that flashdrive.” says the voice.

“What’s on it?” I ask, hesitantly picking it up.

“The location of 50 hovercrafts, and many weapons that you can equip your army with.” the voice resonates.

I look at CL in shock, Out of the corner of my eye I see Taeyang and Dara with their mouths agape.

“How…..did you get them?”mutters Dara.

“I wasn’t in charge of the army supplies for nothing, I smuggled and stole all of those things over a period of 10 years into their current location. I suggest you use them wisely….”

“O-okay…” I say trying to take in what the voice just said.

“One more thing, Tell YG I said hi.” says the voice.

“You know appa?” asks Taeyang.

“Who are you?” exclaims CL looking at the flashdrive in awe.

There is silence… then we hear one more thing, barely a whisper… “JYP.”

The four of us look at each other nervously, we’ve never heard that name before.

“I’ll be waiting for you, once you break into the facility or palace, I will have my allies attack from the inside…. until then.. farewell.” the voice says finally….

There is silence for a minute, until I get a message from Sora in mind… she sounds worried

Where the Hell are you?

 

Oh hi Sora…. I’m in the sewers with CL, Dara, and Taeyang

 

Why? What are you doing?

 

Err… stuff

 

Whatever, get to the HQ now!

 

What happened?

 

Long Night, and is  about to go down in the meeting room…

 

Okay.. on my way. I’ll tell the others now.


Hurry…..

____________

Hey guys! This is Taramarada! We finally got over our writers' block! YAY! We worked hard on this chapter and would really appreciate your comments! Can we shoot for four or five? The next chapter is going to be really really long, so you guys have that to look foward to! <3 Thank you all for reading, and we'll see you later!