What he saw

Breaking Through

 

Jiyoung POV

I start to follow Daesung, because he looks so sad, and he seems to be hiding something from us. I look around, and I see that he went into the training room, I want to see what he does so I watch him silently. He walks in and lifts up one hand and repetitive start punching some solid concrete blocks that we have set up for practice. In about five seconds he’s reduced them to dust.

“Daesung-ah” I say concerned about him.

“oh..hyung..neh” He says surprised to see me.

‘Don’t hurt yourself like this”I say

“Don’t worry, my hands fine” He replies.

“I’m not talking about you hand”

“Oh”

“Daesung-ah please tell me what you saw, I can help you…” I say.

“No..hyung I can’t” his voice cracks.

“Am, I not your brother? Have I not loved you since the day I found you?, haven’t I always had your back?, I took care of you, taught you everything I knew… out of this whole family aren’t I the only one who really understand you…. So tell me what did I do wrong that you don’t trust me!!” I say in anger

“Hyung… it’s for your own good, you have always loved me like I was your own brother but.. I don’t want to hurt you… I’m sorry.” He says

“Please… it hurts me to see your pain, please” I beg, not being defeated this easily.  

“Hyung…. Fine I’ll explain.” He says sighing as we both sit down.

“You know what I see when I touch someone?” he asks

“You see their thoughts right?”I reply.

“normally yes, but when I touched the girl…I saw her entire life…everything that has happened to her…everything that she’s been through..it’s too much to handle!” he says breaking down

“Is it that bad?, wait… how… how did she get hurt so bad… and what about that metal band” I say  getting  worried.

“Hyung… that poor girl grew up in a lab, with Jungwa’s people making her go through horrible tests and torturing her… I saw her when she was so little and they would chain her to these wind tunnels and make her fly for days and days on end.. when she would finally collapsed she would get beaten to the point of near death… this went on for years and when that motherer Jungwa saw her- he thought she was beautiful enough for being his slave- whenever he visited the facility- he would order her to do terrible..things for him… touching her…hurting her…he wanted to always have her near him so he arranged for her to be taken to his palace on a train…I saw this in my dream I told her to escape…I did the right thing hyung… didn’t I?!” He says to me with a voice trembling in pain.

“Omo…Daesung… of course you did… no wonder you didn’t want to heal her by yourself…the poor girl…but if it weren’t for you she would still be in that situation- you are my strong little dongseng” I say hugging him.

We both sit there in that training room hugging each other crying in sympathy for the girl and what he saw…

“Hyung you can’t tell anyone about her past”

“Yeah I know… she would feel terrible, Daesung-ah don’t worry someday we shall blow this bastard off his throne and she’ll be there to help us.