The Letter

Breaking Through

Taemin’s POV

I race into the control room, Sora right behind me shouting out for answers. I skid to a halt in front of Jiyoung, Minzy, and Seungri, my chest heaving.

“Jiyoung… Those kids… Red Velvet and Winner… Where are they?” I pant, leaning over and putting my hands on my knees. I look up to talk to Jiyoung.

“We had them going to some spare rooms.” Jiyoung answered. “I assume Sora told you about your father?” I nodded. “I’m really sorry. But we’re going to save him, don’t worry.”

I shake my head no. “No, he’s as good as dead. But you said you had an envelope for me from him?” Now it was Jiyoung’s turn to nod as he hands me the white envelope. I put it in the elastic of my sweats, and got back on topic. “Red Velvet and Winner, you can’t trust them!”

Minzy laughed. “Yeah, we know. You can’t trust rich brats like them!”

“No, not because they’re rich, but because of how they’re connected to Jongwa!” I try to explain, feeling very light headed.

“What’re you talking about?” Jiyoung asks, concerned.

“The two leaders… Seul-gi… and… Uh…” I try to speak, but the words are coming out too slowly. “Seung-yoon…” I close my eyes because the lights are suddenly very bright. Then I collapse.
________

Sora’s POV

As Taemin falls, I zip over to catch him, pulling his arm over my shoulders and supporting him.

“What the hell is happening?” Jiyoung asks again, sounding very, very tired and very, very close to breaking down.

I put my hand on his forehead, and close my eyes. “He simply fainted.”

“Why?” Jiyoung wonders.

“My guess? Shock or something like that. His father is about to be executed by Minho to get back at him. That’s a big bomb to drop on someone!” I explain. I reach my arm around to the envelope in Taemin’s sweats, and pull it out. “I’ll take him to the medical bay.”

I turn around and carry Taemin out the doorway, using my super speed to quickly get us to the medical bay. I lay Taemin down on a bed, and pull the thin blanket over him. I put the letter on the table next to the bed, and turn to walk back out. But Taemin stirs.

“Sora?” he asks. I face him, and smile.

“Don’t worry, you just fainted. You’ll be fine by morning.”

“Good.” He says. He notices the letter next to him. “Can you read the letter to me?” He laughs a little. I laugh too, and open the letter, sitting down on the bed next to his.

“Dear Taemin,” I read. “I know you’ve joined the rebel forces. I don’t hate you for this. Honestly, I’m wondering why it took you so long! But because of your choice to defect, my life is now almost guaranteed to end within the next few months by the hand of Jongwa’s men. However, before I die, I have something to tell you.” I swallow, and continue. “You never met your mother. That you know. She died while giving birth to you and your sister.”

“Wait, I don’t have a sister!” Taemin interrupted. “I’m an only child!”

“You didn’t know you had a sister, did you?” I continue. “She didn’t die. She was taken away after you and she was born. But you’ve met her.”

“I met my sister who was separated from me at birth. Really?” Taemin muttered under his breath. “Maybe my old man is finally losing it…”

“She had wings.” I say quietly. Taemin snaps his head up to look at me. “That’s why she was taken away. Even I didn’t know she was your sister at first.” I swallow over the lump in my throat, already guessing where this was going. I don’t want to believe it. “Taemin, Sora is your sister.”
_________________

This is Taramarada.

Soooo..... You guys aren't commenting... Hmm...

You should know my stance on silent readers. You should know I love plot twists.

You should also know I love writing teasers and cliffhangers! So comment. Or else the next cliffhanger I write will be much much more... cruel. Much more death... *Hint hint wink wink*

Please comment!