The Storm

Breaking Through

TOP POV

 To my relief, I see that Sora and Taemin appear to be alright. But then I notice how eerily still they are. They are standing about 20 feet apart, Taemin is closer to me. But they are frozen like stone statues. They are staring to my right. Without moving, I cautiously look over. I am greeted by the horrifying sight of hundreds of mammoth sized beasts staring right back at me with huge blood red eyes.

What the hell are those? I think.

They are called Raskash. Huge vicious shape shifting genetically enhanced warrior mutts. They are trained to focus on one target and keep attacking it in mass groups until it is destroyed completely. 

Did you know about them before this?!?!?!?!?!

No, Taemin just told me in my mind, and he thought that there were still in the development processes. I suppose that they are some new security measure.

Ok, what are we going to do?

Move closer to Taemin, slowly, and then I will come to the two of you. And we will teleport the heck out of here.

I slowly inch my way to Taemin, no sudden movements, and then a piece of  falling debris lands right next to me, in slow motion.

Then all Hell breaks loose. The creatures descend on us like a pack of wolves about to attack a deer. I manage to grab Taemin, and put the two of us within a force field. But by the way these monsters are attacking, it won’t hold up forever. I glance over the horde, and I see Sora.

She hasn’t put up a force field, and is instead battling it out with five of them at once, immersed right in the middle of the whole ocean of the Rasksash . We try to get to her, but she screams.

“No! Don’t you come! Both of you, get out now!”

“NO! We can’t leave you!” yells Taemin, trying to help me break through the swarm.

“They will go after all of us! They’re minds are all screwed up, they have one thought and it is kill, kill, kill, and don’t stop! I will stay here and hold them off for as long as I can, Just GO!” she hollers back as one Rasksash bears its claws and barely misses her head as she shoots out an icicle from her hand to spear three more.

“Are you insane?!! They’ll kill you” I scream.

“You don’t need me! They will kill us all if you stay! Get out of here, PLEASE!”

“You seriously need to stop with all this so called you don’t need me !” Taemin exclaims.

I add to his intelligently worded statement. “You are our Team B leader, and the most powerful of us overall, We definitely need you!”

“I- am – the – leader- huh?” She yells in between seconds of intense battle. “Well, this is a command. Get the hell out of here and find the ing printer, It is the mission!!!!!”

 She disappears for a moment under a half-dozen of the beasts. When her head bobs up again, we hear her her say one more thing. “Let everyone know, that the time I spent- with them has been the best time of my life! Kill Jungwa if you can, make him pay for this!” Then she is enveloped by the beasts. 

Taemin and I look at each other in horror, knowing that now is not the time for tears. Then I grab his arm, and open my wings which touch the edge of the nearly shattered force field. We rise to the entrance of the building, ready to accomplish the mission, for the sake of Sora.

Daesung POV

While we can’t see anything that going down on the ground, the storm that we have created is excellent. I was beginning to enjoy the rush of adrenaline as I hammered the defense systems of the enemy’s biggest facility with torrential rainfall.

Then Jiyoung Hyung creeps up behind me. “hey Daesung, can I ask you something?”

“Sure” I answer watching him closely.

“Hold- on, missed a spot” he says as he unleashes a larger than life lightning bolt directly onto a radio tower.

“Daesung, why don’t you love Sora? I mean you know her so much, and she trusts you more than anyone else.”

Oh gosh.

“Is this really the time?” I ask, mentally face palming while creating another cloud layer.

“Please I need to know” he begs.

“I love her, like a brother. I want to protect her, but I am not the way you are”

“What do you mean?” he asks. Beating his wings slightly faster.

“Well, I saw her whole life right?”

“Yeah, that’s how you know her so well”

“Imagine, all of her sadness and pain inside of you, you just couldn’t, no matter how much you wanted to, fall in love with someone who feels that much pain. “

“Wait, so no one can fall in love with her and make it?”

“ No, I can fathom her pain, I understand her 100%.  In love you aren’t supposed to understand everything, you know?”

“Oh, ok”

“So she’s all yours”

“Thanks, what is she thinking right now?” he asks me.

I peer into her thoughts and hear a whole stream of curse words directed at Jungwa,  Jiyoung, Scientists, Jiyoung, something called Rasksash, and Jiyoung again…..

“Oh, you know the usual” I reply wondering what the hell was going on.”

NO ONE POV

TOP and Taemin walk through the hall of the Facility, easily carrying the large cubicle of a device that has the ability produce the HQ.

“What do we do n-now” asks Taemin, his voice cracking.

“I- I don’t know, Sora was supposed to bring us back…” answers Top, his voice saturated with grief.

“Why, wouldn’t I be able to bring you idiots back?” asks a tired voice.

Sora staggers into view.

TOP and Taemin rush to her. She is grabbing onto her side.

“Your alive…” gasps Taemin at the miracle before him.

“Yeah- it takes a lot to kill me.” She laughs and then winces.

Top reaches down and pulls her arm off of her stomach. There is a huge gash, 7 inches long and very deep slit across it, seething with blood.

“Sora! Omo..” gasps both men.

“Turns out I can’t heal myself.” She says gritting her teeth.

She grasps both of them and they got through a vortex,  that brings them to the place where team A was. The members of Team A had landed in a secluded part of the woods after they finished their job of setting the storm in motion.

“Hey guys!” says Sora brightly, then immediately passes out at Seungri’s feet.

Seungri’s POV

We all stare at Sora for a few minutes, watching her bleed out. Taemin and Top are yelling at us to do something, but I sure as hell can’t hear them! They aren’t yelling at me, though, not really. They’re yelling at Daesung.

Daesung. Yes, Daesung. Because he can…. Heal…. Yeah, that’s right! And Sora needs… to be healed. Because she’s bleeding!

I blink, and finally start actually seeing. Oooh! That don’t look good. The grass is soaking up Sora’s blood – It’s so red! I see the scratches and bruises that cover Team B’s bodies.

I shake my head, and look around for Daesung. He’s right next to me, still staring blankly at Sora. I ram him with my shoulder, and then do the same to Jiyoung.

“Thank GOD! Are you guys in shock or are you just thick?!” Top snaps. “Daesung, do you thing! Jiyoung, why don’t you do something useful, and Seungri? I want a fire going! We’re not teleporting Sora until we’re sure it won’t kill her!

Daesung steps forward, trying desperately to stop the bleeding. Jiyoung joins Top and Taemin looking out for any trouble, and I go searching for wood, keeping myself tethered to the group.

It could’ve only been a minute. It could’ve been an hour. It could’ve been a year, or it could’ve been a second, but it wouldn’t matter, it wouldn’t change anything. All I know is that when I walked back to the group, my arms laden with wood and twigs, Sora was almost dead. And Daesung could do nothing more than watch her die. Because her life force was being out of her, her very soul. And you can’t heal a broken soul, no matter how hard you try.

………

No one’s POV

When Seungri came back, Daesung telepathically told him what was happening, and told him not to tell Jiyoung, or Taemin and Top. So the two kept on working, or in Daesung’s case, just going through the motions of working.

Seungri managed to get a fire going. Daesung moved Sora to the fire side, and prayed. To who, he didn’t know, but he prayed just the same.

But Daesung became angrier the more he prayed. Who the hell did God, or whoever, think he was?! He was screwing Sora over, and letting Jongwa – the bastard! – live in the lap of luxury!

Who did God think he was, letting any of this happen? Any of it! Jongwa taking over, all wars, the hate, the anger, the tears, and the graves. All the graves. Who did God think he was, when he let Jongwa take over, and like the Nazi’s of WWII, eliminate and persecute anyone different?!

Furthermore, Daesung prayed, if you’re going to royally up the world, history, and everyone’s life, you should at least, give us a chance to make it work! At least give us a chance to make it better, because, God, you owe us, big time! You owe Sora, big time! You owe Appa and Umma, and Jiyoung, and Taemin, and even Minho; you owe all of us, BIG TIME!

And if you do let Sora die, oh, if you do! If you do let Sora die, I hope you have a pretty goddamned good plan for getting us outta this mess. I hope you do. Unless you plan on letting the human race die out? I hope you don’t have too much of a guilty conscious.

I hope you learn from this mistake. I hope you suffer, as we have suffered, because of you. I hate you.



comment please? or we will keep leaving off at cliffhangers like this