35

The Change

 

Chanyeol managed to persuade Junhee to let him drive her to the location. Throughout the twenty minute drive, Junhee kept on calling Sehun, but the latter wouldn’t pick up. Junhee groaned to herself as worry continued to eat her.

“Hee, I’m sure he’s fine. He~”

“I have to know if he’s fine. He can’t be not fine.” She shook her head.

Chanyeol remained quiet as they arrived, there were a lot of firemen running around with the police at the scene.

As soon as the car pulled over, Junhee leaped out from the doors and dashed towards the barricade.

 

 

“I have to get there, my friend, he…is inside!” She snapped at the fireman.

“Miss, you can’t the place is highly flammable.”

“He owns the place, look for him!”

Chanyeol grabbed her by the shoulders and started to pull her away.

“I cant see him, he’s not here.” Junhee shook her head as she looked around. Chanyeol’s chest tightened.

“Hee, calm down. I’m sure~”

“I cant calm down, oppa! What if he was inside the building when it exploded!?” She screamed as tears lined her cheeks.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he let go of her.

“I cant lose Oh Sehun.” She bit her lip.

“Why are you here?” A familiar bored voice asked her from behind.

 

Sehun had just come out from one of the medic’s vans when he noticed his friend.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

Junhee turned to him, then to his surprise she strode over to him and started to hit his chest.

“You idiot, I was calling you! And you wouldn’t pick up!” She said as she tried to stop her sobs.

Sehun’s blinked.

“Hee, I was~”

“Do you know how worried I was? How could you not answer my calls! I thought…I thought…”

Sehun’s eyes softened as he caught her fists and just pulled him to her.

“I’m fine, Hee. I was already outside when the place exploded.” He replied in a soothing tone.

“I was…calling…you…you wouldn’t…pick up.” She shook her head, Sehun just tightened his grip on her.

“I’m sorry, I must have left it on the van. But, I’m okay now, stop worrying.” He nodded as he gently pressed his lips on her forehead.

 

Chanyeol turned away from the scene. He felt his heart shatter into pieces.

He should have known.

It was never going to be him.

He was a fool not to notice it, the way Junhee would always call for Sehun, the way she would always ask about his opinions and the way she depended on Sehun.

He should have seen it, but he didn’t.

He chose not to believe what he was seeing, that the girl he loves loved someone else.

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++