14

The Change

 

Sehun glared at his phone with hatred.

He was trying to call Junhee but the darn woman never picked up.

Sehun shook his head as he plopped on Junhee’s bed.

It was already dark and by his standards, Junhee should be home by now.

He was starting to hate Suho and Kai for leaving her alone.

 

Junhee just let Chanyeol hit on the foam dummies with the hammer. She leaned on the wall while watching him.

She couldn’t understand how he could still smile like the way he did earlier when the girl he loves was right in front of him, in the arms of another man.

She only came to one thing though, Chanyeol was different.

“You know, Sehun’s lucky to have someone like you in his life.” Chanyeol said as he put down the hammer and wiped his sweat.

“It’s rare to have a female best friend.” He said.

“Yes, and it’s rare to see a CEO clad in his Armani suit at a kids’ arcade.” She said to him.

“But you promised you’d come with me.” He smiled.

“I know, and I promised I’d help you, oppa. So don’t worry.” She shrugged.

“Thanks, it’s a blessing you’re left all alone in Seoul.”

“That didn’t sound so grateful.” She said skeptically.

“I’m just thankful that you’re jobless and you can help me.” He chuckled, Junhee smiled and stretched her palm to him.

“I know, here. I’m keeping my promise.” She nodded.

Chanyeol smiled and took her hand.

 

“Hi. And where the hell were you?”

Junhee groaned as she closed the door behind her, Sehun was seated on her couch.

“Sehunnie.” She said as she curled beside him.

“How’d it go?”

“Don’t do that again.” He spat.

“But you needed it, brat.”

“You’re not taking me seriously here, Hee.” He sighed and pushed her away, Junhee sat up and faced her friend.

“I’m sorry, I just thought you needed…..time together.” She frowned. Sehun shook his head, and pulled the strap of her tank top in the right place.

“You don’t understand.”

“I may not, but I know how you feel about her.” Junhee said. Sehun shook his head, Junhee always knew what to say.

“She…told me..that..she was going to win me back.”

Junhee smiled softly.

“That’s good then, Oh.”

Sehun’s brows met, then he looked at her. Junhee sighed.

“Love is all about taking risks, she may have hurt you before but that was in the past, Oh. She loves you still, give her a chance, you’ll never know what’ll happen if you don’t.” She squeezed his hand gently.

“But, Junhee~”

“I’m sure she came back for you, give it a try.” She nodded.

 

“Kim Jongin.” Junhee greeted groggily, it was a clear Wednesday morning and she had just gotten up.

“How are things?”  Kai asked, Junhee got up from her bed and put on a sweater.

“Good, you?”

“I’m not a thing.”

“Don’t start with me. How’s oppa?”

“We’re okay here, Hee. I just wanted to check on you.” Kai chuckled, Junhee went down from her room and found their butler rushing to meet someone at the door.

It must be Sehun.

Junhee shrugged and walked barefoot towards the dining room.

“I’m doing well, cousin dearest. Can I call you back? Oh Sehun just~”

“Hey, miss Kim!”

“Park Chanyeol?” Kai asked from the other line.

“Huh.” Junhee said before putting her phone down.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++