Eight

We Can Make This Work

"So what am I singing tonight at the concert?" I asked YG over the phone as I leaned back against Seungri. He immediately wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Black? I mean, that is me and Ji's song."

On Jiyong's album, he had me featured in a song called Black. He also had the same song in Korean, but Jennie Kim sang it.

"No, we have Jennie doing that." YG replied.

I frowned. "So I'm just not going to be featured in his last concert even though every other member of YG is doing something with him tonight?" Vinny was even in it, doing his own spin with Tablo and Jiyong on Light it Up, taking over Dok2's part.

"Don't give me attitude." YG warned. "Lydia is in America and can't make it so you're going to do R.O.D with Jiyong."

"So what if Lydia was in Korea and could make it? You'd just leave me out of the concert and keep Jennie in?"

"I'd find something else for you to do." YG sighed. "Learn the lyrics. I'll see you tonight."

I hung up and tossed my phone away before letting out a frustrated groan.

"What's wrong?" Seungri asked against my hair, nuzzling my neck.

"I swear to God he's no fair." I shook my head. "I don't know what he's doing, but I don't like it. First he has me mentor her, and now... now he's having her take my spots in everything! First Ji's video for That XX, then the feature in Hi's song, your song, and then he had her do a cover of my parts in Black!"

"Are you talking about Jennie?" Seungri chuckled, rubbing his hands up and down my bare arms.

"It isn't funny!" I exclaimed. "She's taking everything from me! What makes her so special? I'm Natalia-ing-Marcs, for crying out loud. I am the bombshell of YG."

Seungri laughed again despite my anger, and leaned over to kiss me on the cheek. "You're starting to sound like Bom noona."

"What?" I craned my neck to look at him.

"She acted the same way when you entered YG. You took her spot in Oh Yeah. You took her features away. She was the bombshell before you."

"Well I'm still the bomshell. Who was named number 7 on Maxim's Hot 100? Oh, yeah. Me." Anger still burnt inside me. I was so mad YG thought he could just do this. Black was my song..

"And your poster with Maxim is still hanging in my room." Seungri chuckled.

I laughed. "You have the real thing!" I let out a surprised squeal when he turned us around so I was laying on the couch, his hands on the armrest on either side of my head.

"God, please not while I'm here."  Vinny winced, shielding his face as he hurried to the door. "Wait until I leave."

"Then leave." Seungri called back.

I laughed and Vinny winced and left.

As soon as the door shut, Seungri hungrilly kissed me, his tongue tracing my own lips anxiously.

I laughed when we parted. "Uh, wow! Why the urgency?"

"I haven't seen you for days." Seungri growled ily.

"You picked me up from the airport two days ago." I smirked.

"But I didn't see you yesterday because you just had to go out with Ji hyung." Seungri pouted.

"We didn't even get to be out that long because he got called in. You could have come over."

"Well I'm here now." Seungri said before kissing me again.

I decided to by keeping my lips closed, despite his obvious want for the opposite.

I smiled against his lips when he let out a small whine and parted from me. "Nat..." He pouted as he looked down at me, his bottom lip sticking out.

"What?" I smiled innocently.

"You know what...." Seungri couldn't help but smirk. Butterflies errupted in my stomach when he brought one hand down to my side and rubbed my covered tattoo with his thumb. "Babe... come on."

"You know I don't want to get to that point yet." I told him.

"I know, I know. But that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun." Seungri dipped down and brushed his lips against my neck. "Come on..." He pecked my lips. "Please?"

I sighed dramatically. "Fine."

Seungri smiled and kissed me again, and this time I parted my lips for him.

My phone rang as soon as we started to make out.

Seungri groaned when I sat up, causing him to back away. I reached over to my phone and answered it. "Yes, Papa YG?"

"You're doing Oh Yeah with Bom and GD and TOP, too. You should really do a soundcheck with them all. So go to the stadium."

"Now?" I sighed.

"Now." YG said. "And bring maknae with you."

"H-How did you-?" I asked, shocked.

"I know where everyone is, Natalia. Both of you come."

We hung up and I looked at Seungri. "Both of us have to go to the stadium already."

Seungri whined. "Nat..."

"We have to." I sighed and kissed him quickly before standing.

-------

"So Bom will take care of the first chorus, and you'll come in on the second." Jiynog explained as we walked along the stage.

Bom and I walked arm-in-arm, following the leader. Our friendship was defintely better, and had been for the couple years since we had gotten into so many fights.

"So we can't walk onto stage like this?" Bom pouted.

"Nope." Jiyong smirked and shook his head. "Let's go through it."

We went through the song just fine, just really walking around the stage for our cues.

---

"Nat, come on." Lola told me as Anika stood from getting her hair done. She was doing a feature on Jiyong's song Missing You.

I got up from the couch and walked over, and Lola started on my hair as soon as I sat down, putting a smoothing product in it and straightening it. "So you and Bom have the same dresses, just different colors for Oh Yeah. Then, there's a Jeremy Scott dress for you for R.O.D."

I stayed quiet as she finished my hair and went to my makeup until TOP sat next to me as Jinae worked on his own hair.

"So you don't live under a rock!" I fakely exclaimed.

TOP chuckled. "I do stuff. I was at a movie premiere yesterday, which you also got invited to. Why didn't you go?"

I shrugged. "I was tired from my flight. Vinny and I mostly stayed home to catch up on sleep."

"Excuses." TOP clicked his tongue and shook his head. "We could have gone together."

"And make fans start rumors that NaTop is back together?" I scoffed and shook my head. "No thanks."

"You've been single ever since we broke up, haven't you?"

I looked at TOP through the mirror, confused. "Yeah... helped me focus on me and Vin's career a little more, and look where that got us. Why? What does that matter?"

TOP shrugged. "With all those rumors of you going around linked to Kang Seung Yoon or Himchan or those pictures of you sitting at a club with CAP really make fans wonder."

I sighed. "Well, if you must know, I-"

"Go change." Lola interrupted, patting my shoulder.

I left my conversation with TOP as that. Why did he need to know about me and Seungri, anyway? It was our business.

I changed into my purple bodycon dress and heels, and was greeted by Vinny when I stepped out from behind the curtain. "Hey, what's up?"

"Can you please step outside with me?" Vinny asked quietly his brows furrowed, eyes dark. "I really can't take it in here."

I looked around and saw Minzy with her back to us talking to 2NE1.

"Vinny, you're going to have to face her at some point." I sighed.

"Not right now." Vinny shook his head. "I can't."

I heard squeals, and frowned when I saw Jennie Kim emerge from another curtain, dressed in some age-appropriate flared black dress. 2NE1 and Anika were fawning over  her, and I felt anger bubble inside of me.

I also locked eyes with Seungri's knowing pair, who was sitting on the couch, a spot clearly saved for me. I gave him an apologetic look and nodded to Vinny. Seungri nodded back, knowing I needed to be with my brother.

I looked at Vinny and nodded. "Okay, come on."

We walked out of the dressing room and through the busy halls until we found a quieter spot. Vinn shook his head. "I just can't take seeing her when she seems fine and I'm breaking apart. I don't even want to perform today, now."

"Don't say that." I sighed. "Vinny, I know it . I went through it with Top. But you know who kept pushing me through? You. So I'm going to push you through it. It's going to get better. I mean, look at me and Top now. We're friends."

"He still teases you." Vinny pointed out.

I sighed. "That's Top. He teases everyone. He just likes how he knows that he can make me turn different shades of red." I put my hand on his shoulder. "You just need to go out and have fun. We have that concert after party tonight, so let's have fun. Lose control. I never see you drunk out of your mind, so maybe you should tonight."

"Because Minzy couldn'lt drink." Vinny sighed.

"See? And now that doesn't matter. So drink up tonight." I patted his shoulder. "And we'll work off our hangovers tomorrow."

----

It was time for Oh Yeah, so Bom and I stood backstage as Jiyong and TOP started the song. Bom looked at me, keeping her mic away so it wouldn't pick up any sound. "So I stick around Jiyong-i while you stay with Top-ah."

I groaned slightly. "Are you sure we can't switch?"

"Our heights go better with how YG has it." Bom said. "This is the first time you and Top are going to be onstage together since you both broke up, isn't it?"

I nodded, a pit in my stomach. This could go well, with us being calm and cool onstage, or awful, with us being awkward.

Bom's part came, and the sliding doors parted for her. She walked out singing, and I got a glimpse of GD and TOP, both in nice black suits.

I listened as they continued to sing, and then it was my part. When the doors parted, I was surprised to see TOP there, a small smile on his face as he held his arm out for me.

We did not practice this.

I smiled and hooked my arm with his as he said. "Let's go Nat!"

I sang my part as we walked upstage, and then let go of him. Like how we used to, he faced me, that cheeky little smile on his face. I put my hand on his shoulder, smiling while singing, and he stepped toward me, head bent, as I stepped back. I smirked and pushed him away before singing and dancing around.

We all kept singing, and when the part after "Put your Hands in the air" came on, we all danced together again, Bom with Ji, me with TOP.

We walked upstage even more, me and Bom in between the guys, now singing with each other. The ending pose was different than how we practiced, too. How I had practiced it was cocking my head to the side, crossing one arm, the other elbow resting against that arm as I waved to the fans.

Instead, unexpectedly, TOP put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I stumbled in my heels, but played it off by putting my hand on his chest for leverage.

Fans screamed as we were lowered below the stage.

I felt my cheeks grow hot and I felt uneasy. I pushed away from TOP when we were away from fans. "You know I hate not doing what we practiced." I grumbled.

"Bom and Ji did the same thing, so I thought mirroring them would be the best." TOP explained.

"You're going to make a bunch of little fangirls happy when they see the pictures online." I frowned, the both of us walking to the dressing room.

"And that's a bad thing?" TOP smirked.

Lola immediately ushered me to go change since my song with Jiyong was after 2NE1's performance.

My dress was a Jeremy Scott design, which I loved. It was long-sleeved and red, with a graphic on it.

When I walked out, I saw Vinny had on the matching pants to my dress. He was sitting at a chair, watching the performance on the small TV. 2NE1 was performing Falling In Love.

"You okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm so getting hammered tonight." He sighed, shaking his head and fixing his hat.

Lola touched up my hair and makeup, and before I knew it, it was my turn.

I hurried to the stage. Jiyong was already beginning the song. I would walk out where I did for Oh Yeah.

When it got to there, I started singing as I walked out, Jiyong being further upstage and moving to the beat.

"You and me against the world. With you I ride or die tonight." I sang, putting one hand above my head and bringing it down.

I walked upstage as Jiyong rapped, and we finally were next to each other. I moved my hips to the beat slowly, rocking my head to it, too.

At the little music part, Jiyong and I walked upstage even more, both dancing to the music cooly. When it was his turn to rap my chorus, he pointed at me as I rapped, facing me.

I sang, singing to him, and we even held hands.

We danced to the music together at the end, and we ended the song with his arm around my shoulders, my head on his shoulder. Everyone cheered, and I bowed for the audience before Ji and I hugged, pecking each other on the cheek, too. I waved to the audience before going backstage.

--------

**THE NEXT MORNING**

I had a pounding headache. Okay, more than a poundnig headache. It felt like My head was repeatedly gettig hit by a bus while rock musif blared in my ears.

y mouth felt feally dry. And my stomach hurt.

I felt so gross.

My head was on something warm, but hard, but smooth. Did I still have my shoes on?

I opened one eye, which was hard because my mascara stuck together. What I was laying against was... tan. And muscular. And had pecs.

I groaned softly and sat up slowly, pushing against the chest I had my head against. I looked at the face of the body I had been against.

Why was I cuddling against a shirtless Daesung?

I looked around and held my head. We were in my lving room. I looked down and realized I was wearing someone's button up shirt. Was it Daesung's?

Taeyang was sprawled across chaise, passed out. On the loveseat were a tangled Vinny and Anika, Vinny's shirt disguarded elsewehre. Seungri was at my feet on the other end of the couch, his shirt rolled up over his abs. On the floor was Jiyong, his head against CL's back, who was snoring and in a sports bra and a pair of my sweats. On the other side of CL, closest to my couch, was TOP, who was shirtless as well.

By the smell of cigarette smoke and cologne of this button up shirt, I knew it was TOP's shirt.

Why was I wearing his shirt?

Daesung moved, causing me to get pushed a little. I suddenly fell off the couch, landing on top of TOP with a thud, my head hitting his shoulder.

TOP jerked away, sitting up, his arms wrapping around me, shocked. "What the ?" He croaked. He immediately laid back down from what I was gussing was his pounding head. He still kept his arms on me. "Why are you on me?"

"I fell." I grumbled. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

TOP kept one eye open and shook his head. "No... Is that my shirt?"

"I think so." I sighed. I pushed his arms off me and rolled off of him so I was beween him and CL. "I don't remember what happened last night at all..."

TOP thought for a moment and sighed. "I don't either."

I covered my face. "I don't know what happened.." I glanced at TOP and gasped. "Oh my God."

"What?" TOP asked, concerned.

I propped up on my elbow and reached over to his neck, where I wiped off a reddish purple mark on the crook of his neck. A little bruise was underneath. I frowned, my heart dropping. "Oh no... oh no..."

"What?" TOP covered his neck with one hand.

"You have a hicky... I gave you a hicky...." I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Maybe it wasn't you." TOP tried.

"Lola has to specially make me that color." I said, holding up my thumb that had the color smeared on it. "I wore it last night." I agrilly wiped a tear away from my eyes.

"Well, It isn't that bad, is it? I mean, it's just me." TOP told me.

I ignored him and noticed everyone else had begun to wake up.

"What the hell?" Vinny groaned, sitting up and untangling his legs from Anika's. "I feel awful." He looked down. "Where's my shirt?"

"I could wonder the same thing." Daesung sat up and put his head in his hands.

"Why am I next to you?" Anika whined, pushing Vinny away. "You smell like drunk Italian."

"Oh my God... This is why the girls and I don't drink." CL winced and sat up.

"Why are you down by him?" Seungri asked me.

"I fell." I sighed. I got back up and sat in between Seungri and Daesung.

"Dude..." Jiyong sighed. He looked down at his body and arms. "I'm covered in lipstick."

Sure enough, faint little lips were plastered all over his body, in three different colors.

"Uh..." Taeyang lifted his shirt, and he had the lipstick marks too, but they started at his abs and went... lower.

"My lips feel swollen." Vinny touched his mouth.

I groaned. "Something happened last night.... I'm not even sure I want to know." I looked around. "Does anyone have any idea?"

"I think if we all get cleaned up a bit and think, we'll get some kind of recollection." Jiyong sighed.

Something happened last night after the afterparty, and I didn't know if it was good or bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, please comment and tell me what you guys think happened that previous night!