Twenty-Seven

We Can Make This Work

Third Person POV

"Jiyong, we are preparing to land. Please be ready." The pilot said over the intercom.

Jiyong awoke, groggy, and was surprised to see Natalia curled up on the other side of the couch, awake, and not leaned against his side asleep.

"Baby, we're here. You're going to be okay." Jiyong assured as he sat up and groaned.

Natalia kept her eyes on her lap. Her parents were going to be so disappointed in her. How could she face them?

The plane landed, and Jiyong stood, taking his backpack and Natalia's duffle bag. The leader held out his hand to the frail Italian. "Come on. Your parents are parked on the landing strip."

Natalia went to stand, but her ankle gave out and she felt dizzy. Her eyelids felt heavy, like she couldn't keep them open.

Jiyong noticed this and shook his head. He shouldered both bags and picked Natalia up bridal-style. "You haven't eaten in days. YOu're so weak. We need to fix that."

Natalia's head rolled, her mind between conciousness and unconciousness.

Jiyong gulped, nervous. "Let's get you some help, baby."

He walked out of the plane and down the steps. His eyes adjusted to the dark, and sure enough, he saw Mr. and Mrs. Marcs parked and outside of their SUV, waiting anxiously.

Jiyong walked over to them. Mrs. Marcs noticed Natalia first, and gasped. She ran to the pair. "Oh my God! What happened?"

"She's alright. Let's just get her to a hospital to get checked out. She hasn't eaten in a few days." Jiyong explained.

"What happened in Korea, Jiyong?" Mr. Marcs questioned, lightly touching his daughter's forehead.

"I'll explain when I know Natalia's safe. Please, given the circumstances, can we go to a hospital where they do not care about Natalia's celebrity? It needs to be quiet for now."

Mrs. Marcs nodded. "COme on. We'll take her to the hospital our nephew Jason works at. He's an emergency room nurse and should be working."

----

"You're going to be okay now, baby." Jiyong said quietly as he leaned over Natalia's bed. They were at the Marcs' house after the hospital trip.

As he leaned over, Jiyong looked at the pills on Natalia's bedside table. He couldn't help but shake his head. Anti-anxiety, antidepressant, sleeping pills and painkillers for her ankle (the sprain turned into a hairline fracture). How could he not have known Natalia needed help?

Jiyong kissed the sleeping beauty on her forehead, placed the picture of himself and Natalia (a selfie from his One of a Kind Tour) next to her bedside, and left her room.

He walked back downstairs, where Natalia's parents were anxiously waiting. He nodded. "She's asleep. Sorry it took so long."

"Don't be. Thank you for bringing our daughter back." Mrs. Marcs replied. wiping a tear from her eye.

Jiyong looked down at the white puppy following his footsteps. "I didn't remember you guys having a dog. When did you get her?"

"December." Mr. Marcs chuckled. "A little bit of empty nest syndrome. Julie and I needed something. She's a three-month old Bichone Frise. Her name is Izzy."

"Well hello, Izzy." Jiyong smiled, picking up the puppy. "Nat will be very happy to meet you."

"Will you tell us about what happened now?" Mrs. Marcs asked.

Jiyong nodded. "Of course." He couldnt help but smell a hint of oregano and garlic. "Is something cooking?"

"Just heating up the lasagna from last night. You were on a thirteen hour flight. YOu need a good meal." Mrs. Marcs explained as she led them to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Marcs, that isn't necessary." Jiyong tried to say, though his stomach begged to differ.

"Nonsense." Mr. Marcs shook his head. "You brought our daughter back to us. It's the least we could do."

Mrs. Marcs took the lasagna out of the oven, then grabbed a slice of freshly-baked chibatta bread from the toaster oven. She looked back at the BIGBANG leader as she created his plate. "Would you like a salad?"

Jiyong began to object, but his stomach growled loudly. Mr. Marcs chuckled. "Yes you would." He took the container of lettuce, as well as a bottle of dressing, from the refridgerator.

"Water?" Mrs. Marcs asked, grabbing a glass.

"Please." Jiyong nodded. He could never deny the Marcs' cooking. It was phenomenal.

Jiyong set down Izzy as Mrs. Marcs cut a large square of lasagna from the pan. She put that, the bread, and a salad on the large plate. She poured a glass of fresh water, and set it in front of the leader.

"Thank you." Jiyong bowed his head. He couldn't wait to dig in. But first, he needed to discuss what had happened.

"Please, eat while you tell us." Mr. Marcs interjected. "We don't mind. You need some meat on your bones, boy."

Jiyong chuckled and greatfully put a forkful of pasta into his mouth.

God, he had missed this.

He finally sighed. "Please know that if I knew about what was going on- If anyone knew what was going on- we would have stopped it." He took a drink of water. "I'm guessing it started when Nat and Vin went to Italy. None of us knew, but she was starting a romance with Seungri. He and her had always been close. Well, in Italy, she and Top had a photo shoot. She and him became closer again." He didn't want to include any risque details.

Jiyong cleared his throat. "She didn't tell Seungri. We had Top's premiere for Commitment, and at the after party, he found out." Jiyong looked at Natalia's parents. "That was the reason for the accident... Seungri stormed out of the club and Natalia chased after him. Fans followed and T-boned them before Youngbae and I could stop them."

Mrs. Marcs frowned. "Was Seungri drunk?"

Jiong sadly nodded. "They both were." He continued. "YG was furious when he found out. He didn't specifically demote Natalia. He had already planned for Vincent to do a solo. He just decided that Natalia needed to learn that she wasn't the center of attention, I guess. He made her dance for us in our Japan tour. I didn't know he was going to go so extreme..." Jiyong shook his head. "He made her cut her hair. Stop tanning. Use brown contact lenses. Change her makeup to make her look more Asian.... He even made her wrap herself..." He looked at the Marcs. "You saw the cuts at the hospital, right? On her sides and back?"

They both nodded silently, in shock from what they were being told.

"They're from having to wrap her chest. YG did not want her to stand out in any way. On top of that, the dancers couldn't stand her. The female dancers. They talked behind her back. I din't know about this until the Kwon twins told me. They were the only ones that stuck by Natalia. Apparently, one of the girls from CRAZY is to blame for Natalia's ankle. She tripped her... We still don't know who told, but someone told about the complications between Natalia, Top, and Seungri. YG found out and flew to Japan. It wasn't just Natalia's fault, but he ripped into her. I'd rather not repeat the things he told her, but it was bad. We could all tell he was breaking her spirit."

"Oh my God..." Mrs. Marcs shook her head. "What kind of CEO runs you guys? I thought he was supposed to be fatherly."

"He was really angry. He couldn't control it." Jiyong explained. "He went too far. When we got back to Korea, None of us heard from her. Vinny was too busy to even notice. I finally went to their appartment yesterday. That's when I found her...." He bit his lip. "YG broke her. She needs to be repaired. That's why I brought her home. SHe doesn't need to be around the media, around any of us. She needs her home. I believe she will get better. If she doesn't want  to come back, YG understands."

"Not come back?" Mr. Marcs asked. "As in stay away from the music industry?"

Jiyong nodded. "We believe she's that hurt. I'm not sure how long it will take her to get better. If she wants to come back, just let me know. I do have two requests: One is to not tell anyone in Korea what is going on. I can imagine Top or Seungri calling you, asking if Natalia is with you. It needs to be kept quiet so everyone can focus on themselves for once."

Mrs. Marcs nodded. "Of course. We'll make sure to tell Vincent not to-"

Jiyong shook his head. "We don't even want Vincent to know. He's going to Japan soon to promote his solo. He needs to focus on that and not worry about his sister. YG said he's going to tell the members that Natalia is in America working on a schedule. I'm the only one that is to know the truth. Which brings me to my second request: please keep me updated on how she's doing. Just so I know she's okay."

Mr. Marcs nodded. "Of course, son. You're her family. Once again, thank you for bringing our daughter home. I knew I could count on you to take care of her."

Jiyong looked to the stairs. "I just hope she does get better. That's all any of us want."