Five

We Can Make This Work

"Minzy, it's fine. Just call me back when you get to the hotel." Vinny told Minzy as we walked into the Music Core. 2NE1 was in Japan for the weekend until they had to come back for Inkigayo. After doing this for Seungri, Vinny and I had to run to Inkigayo's set building to pre record our performance for Break It Down. Then, we had to go home, get ready, and be at Incheon Airport with Jiyong and Anika.

He sighed and slid his phone back into his pocket. I looked at him. "What's wrong?"

Vinny shrugged. "Nothing. She just sounds really stressed. I guess there were a lot of fans at the airport, and I did tell her to call me when they landed, but she sounded angry when she was talking to me. And then she was saying she felt bad because she couldn't hear me."

I patted his shoulder. "Trouble in paradise. It happens."

Vinny looked at me. "What about you and Top yesterday in the elevator? What was that?"

I groaned and subconsciously touched the back of my neck. "He just enjoys messing with me still. We're still friends."

"And what did YG call you and Seungri in for last night?" We stepped backstage to the busy dressing rooms, smiling and bowing slightly to anyone we knew I even got a hug from Exo's Kai.

When we passed most idols, I shrugged. "It wasn't what you would think it would be. YG just had this different concept for me and Ri at the end of Gotta Talk to U. I guess instead of me walking offstage, I run back and like hug Seungri from behind, and he turns like he's going to kiss me."

We turned to Seungri's dressing room, which was next to B.A.P's room. At the same time, Himchan and Zelo stepped out. They were both surprised to see us.

"Natalia noona!" Zelo exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug. Zelo was the only idol I knew that was as tall as my brother, even though he was twice as skinny.

"Hi, Zelo." I laughed, hugging him back. HImchan and Vinny did the bro-hug thing.

Zelo let go of me, and Himchan hugged me next. He was exactly my height. "According to the publicity we're an item." He laughed.

I groaned while we parted. "Geez! You go out for samgyeopsal and soju with a friend one night and the K-Pop world thinks that you're dating!"

"That was some good samgyeopsal." Himchan smirked.

"So why are you guys here?" Zelo asked us. "Are you performing Break It Down on Music Core?"

Vinny shook his head. "Nah. We're dancing for Seungri's comeback."

Himchan looked at us both, confused. "Dancing? As in backup? You're idols now. Why wold he still have you be backup dancers?"

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. "Finally, someone questions the sanity of our CEO!"

Vinny laughed. "We gotta get ready. We'll see you guys later."

We waved goodbye and stepped into Seungri's greenroom.

Everyone was getting ready, some dancers at hair and makeup stations, some sliding jackets or shoes on.

"Nat!" I heard Lola say. I found her, and she waved me and Vinny over.

She immediately grabbed Vinny by his shoulders and sat him down in the hair and makeup chair. "I'm styling it up for the Gotta Talk to U performance." She told him, running some product into his light brown hair. We both would need it dyed back to dark soon.

My heart fluttered when I saw Seungri get up from his own makeup chair, his hair styled back for Gotta Talk to U. He immediately saw me and smiled.

He walked over to me. "So are you ready for today?"

I shrugged. "It's just dancing. I'm fine."

He nodded. "So I had this idea for GG Be."

"What would that idea be?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest. As soon as I did it, Seungri uncrossed my arms and held my hands lightly.

He chuckled. "I don't like it when  you do that. It makes me think you're mad at me."

I laughed. "Sorry. It's an impulse thing. Anyway, tell me your idea."

"You know our head part that we fail at?"

I laughed. "Of course. Why?"

"Well, I was thinking I could act like I was going to do it, and then you stop me, and then slap me across the face. Because, I mean, come on. You're Natalia. No man should hit your head."

I laughed again. "Yes, but in the song, it's kind of justified because, you know, I'm cheating on you in it."

"I didn't head you when you cheated on me with Top." Seungri joked.

My face fell, and there was a pit in my stomach. I shook my head. "Please.... just... don't bring that up." The memory of TOP and I kissing in the rain popped into my head.

"I'm just kidding, Natalia." Seungri smiled sweetly. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "It was a joke."

"Ha ha." I said dryly. "Okay. We'll do that for GG Be. Now, go finish getting ready. Lola still needs to do my hair."

Seungri stepped away to go get dressed, and as Lola finished Vinny's hair and makeup (to this day, he still flinched when the eyeliner pencil came close to his eye), Anika walked in, her acoustic guitar in it's case and slung on her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but ask.

"YG wanted me to play guitar for maknae's Gotta Talk to U performance."

Lola stood up straight from Vinny and snapped her fingers before pointing at Anika. "You're after Natalia." She patted Vinny's shoulder before looking at him. "Go. Jinae has your clothes."

Vinny left, and I sat down as Anika stood where I had been.

"Now, I know you don't like low ponytails or buns, and that's what the other dancers have, but since you are the main girl, I'm going to put your hair up in a high Korean bun. That way it'll be wavy when we put it down for GG Be."

Lola started on my hair , expertly putting it up without  those "hair donuts" most girls had to use to get this hairstyle. After finishing with that, she did my makeup with subtle blacks and greys. She patted my arms when she was done. "Go to Jinae for your outfit."

I did what I was told, and Jinae helped me into my outfit, which consisted of a longer black blazer with white lapels, black mini-shorts, and sheer black stockings. My shoes were white and black oxfords.

"Natalia!" I heard Donnie shout, then pull me by my arm over to his brother and my brother. "Take a picture with us. We're the YG Twins!"

We posed seriously for the camera, me between Vinny and Donnie. I had one hand on Vinny's shoulder, the other on my hip. Vinny tilted his head to the side and put his hands in his pockets, Donnie rested his arm on one of my shoulders and lightly bit his lip, and Deukie put his arm around Donnie's shoulders and looked at the camera seriously. Miran took the picture, and Donnie put it on (what else) Twitter.

----

I stood offstage as Seungri began the song, Anika sitting on the stairs of the set, strumming on her guitar. She looked stunning in that red dress, the front of her black hair pulled away from her face.

Seungri sang and stepped down the steps, and pretty soon, my brother and the other dancers got onto the set and began dancing, too. Fans were cheering loudly, and their screams amplified when they realized Vinny was a backup dancer. It always amazed me, watching how intently my brother would get into dancing.

Adrenaline started running through my veins when it got closer to my own part. And when I did, I just let the music take me, knowing the steps by heart. I walked in smoothly, raising my arms above my head and moving my hips each step getting closer to Seungri.

Then it was time for our solo.

We went through the steps perfectly, fans screaming. We were so close, and when the part came where I put my hand on his cheek, Seungri actually pulled me so close that my body was against his. He leaned forward, and the fans screamed louder when our eyes met.

I parted from him and went back to the other dancers, doing the chorus dance with them all.

As the song ended and others began to walk offstage, I followed them about halfway, but hurried back to Seungri with perfect timing. I put my arms under his as he sang the last part, my hands on his chest lightly. I put my face near his, and as Seungri sang the last line, he turned towards my face.

That's when the screams were loudest, because our lips got really close.

Then the stage went to black.

-----

After getting ready for GG Be, we were onstage again. My hair was down and wavy, and I was wearing a black-and-white striped A-line minidress, little slits in the front below the bust on my upper ribcage, and on the back. Vinny was wearing a white button-up shirt, a fedora on his head, which Seungri would later wear. Seungri was wearing a black and white patterned shirt and black suspenders, his hair covering his forehead. For some reason, suspenders were really hot on him.

I was sitting at a table with Donnie, and when the music started, we started acting ute, holding each other's hands, smiling, giggling, and even doing aego to each other. At one point, I even reached out and pinched his cheeks.

Seungri walked over to us while singing, and tapped Young Don on the shoulder. I quickly let go of his hands and crossed my arms over my chest. Seungri sat down in Donnie's spot when he left. when he held out his hand, I grabbed it and pouted, and he took it away. We both sat on the table, our backs to each other. Then, I got up, walked over to Deukie and Vinny (who were both watcihng, full of expression and awe), and busted between them, pushing them both roughly. They fell to the ground, and Seungri hurried after me.

I loved the dance to this song.

I had to look irritated as the trio did the dance towards me, and then I stepped towards Seungri, and stepped with the beat. When the chorus ended, I stood on one of the chairs, put my hands above my head, and flirtingly moved my hips to the beat. Fan girls screamed, and I lowered down and Seungri kept singing. Jihye and Miran got onto the stage and sat with me at the table, and we acted like we were talking and having a good time. We moved the chairs around with the beat, and then I danced on the table as they danced around the other two chairs. We proceeded to sit in the chairs and table as Seungri kneeled and sang, Young Deuk holding the hat out to him. They danced as we kept talking.

We all stood, and th girls pushed me to Seungri. I rolled my eyes at him and kept my arms crossed. He put the hat on my head as Deukie and Vinny walked over to Jihye and Miran. Seungri stepped around me, and I turned to face him. I took the hat off my head and threw it behind me. Seungri leaned towards me, and I put one hand on his shoulder, and acted like I slapped him with my other, the other girls doing the same. We all got into a staggered line and danced to the chorus, me by Seungri and Vinny. Seungri and I faced each other and did the dance. After that, I crossed my arms as the girls walked offstage and Vinny and Deukie went behind Seungri. I faced him, and he grabbed my chin. We kind of leaned towards each other, and fans screamed.

Seungri leaned back like he was going to headbutt me, and I smirked smugly, put my hand on his forehead to stop him, pushed his head back, and acted like I slapped him. I strutted offstage, and Seungri looked at me in shock, Vinny and Deukie both consoling him. He then acted like he was gonna go after me and give me a piece of his mind, but Vinny held him back.

I watched offstage as they danced to the rest of the song. Seungri was adorable.

-------

We got to Inkigayo as soon as we could while Seungri stayed to see who won at Music Bank. We were immediately whisked to hair and makeup as the crew got our stage ready to record. Lola had come with us, and was helping us with hair and makeup. Our concept for our outfits were always the same: hip hop, and affordable. Even though we could afford the expensive designers (we did wear Jeremy Scott from time to time), we still enjoyed finding clothes at places like American Eagle, American Apparel, H&M, and I liked Charlotte Russe Pink by Victoria's Secret, and Body Central. My outfits for these performances were either mini dresses or crop tops with skinny jeans. Vinny either wore cargo shorts or skinny jeans with tank tops.

Today, though, I had a crop top and bodycon skirt. It looked like it could be a dress, but the middle was cut out.

Outfits:

As Lola straightened my hair, Jinae showed me my shoes. I gasped. "Excuse my language, and I'm about to say this because I'm really tired, but how the am I supposed to dance in those?" I gawked at the pair of less-heels Jinae was holding up.

"Very carefully." Lola answered.

I turned to look at her, and she quickly pulled the straightener away from my hair. "Uh, how?!? You don't even have 2NE1 dance in those!"

"Just try." Lola sighed. "You can practice it in here."

She finished y hair and makeup, and I relunctantly slid my shoes on. This dance me and Vinny had involved a lot of hip hop. I didn't know how I was going to do this.

I stood up, and since Vinny was already done, I yanked his arm over to the center of the room. "Dace breakdown. Let's go."

We started dancing, counting out the steps. I was shaky, and I didn't even get to the Dougie before I fell over to Vinny. He caught me.

I groaned. "Okay. Let's do it again."

We did it multiple more times, and I kept falling. Each time, I kept going harder.

"!" I shouted when I fell again. Vinny caught me and stood me up. I stomped my foot. "This is awful! I can't do this!" I tried again without Vinny, and when I went to do the spin in the dance, and I felt my ankle turn inward. I fell on my before Vinny could catch me.

"Merda! Cazzo! Mannaggia tua!" I cursed in Italian as I gripped my ankle.

Everyone hurried over to me. "Are you okay?" Lola gasped.

"Take her shoe off." Vinny instructed.

Jinae did, and Vinny checked out my ankle. We were both knowledgeable in sprains.

"It's swelling. It's sprained." Vinny sighed. He looked at me. "Can you walk on it?"

"Uh, I'm gonna have to." I frowned. Vinny helped me up, and I put pressure onto my ankle. It hurt, but I could live with it.

I hissed back the pain. "I'm fine. Just let me dance. And don't have me dance in those God-awful heels."

Lola looked at Jinae. "Go get her something better."

Jinae scurried away. Lola frowned. "Do we need to wrap it?"

I shook my head. "That'll freak out fans. I'll wrap it after we perform."

"But you aren't performing in front of an audience." Lola told me.

"They'll se it on TV though." I shook my head as Vinny helped me into a chair. "I just need a better pair of shoes.

"Here." Jinae walked back over. "They'll make the outfit more casual, but they're the best I could find." She held up a pair of white and black strapped high-top sneakers.

I sighed. "It's gonna have to do."

Vinny helped me over to behind the changing panel, and Lola handed me my outfit. I changed and walked out, and Vinny rolled his eyes. "Seeing you limp...."

He picked me up and set me back in my chair. I frowned when he walked away to change. "I can walk, Vin."

He ignored me and changed into his own clothes. He winced when he stepped back out, tugging on his skinny jeans. "Do you guys not realize that I actually want to have kids when I get older? These pants, 'tho!"

Lola loosened my shoes, and I slid my let one on first, which was my swollen ankle. It was tight, but fine.

I put on my other one as the PD walked into the room. She looked at Vinny and I. "We are ready for you."

Vinny and I headed to the stage and I tried my best not to limp. It didn't work out too well, though.

Vinny sighed. "Hwang is checking that out before we go. We'll have him come when we're packing."

"I'm fine." I hissed. "Everything is good."

We got to the stage with all of our dancers, and got positioned to start. I had my purple microphone, and Vinny had his green one.

The beat started, Vinny and I back to back. I brought the mic to my mouth and started. "Ya know, this place right here... It ain't doing it for me. Time to break it down!"

I parted from Vinny and did my steps, which consisted of a few hip hop moves between Donnie and Deukie, and I ended with my hand on Donnie's shoulder as Vinny got to his part.

"Man I just need to break it down. Sometimes that's all you gotta do." Vinny rapped, and then went into his moves with Miran and Ayeon. His little solo ended with the girls leaning against him.

We got into the song, dancing and singing live while we jumped around the stage. The throbbing pain in my ankle was definitely there, but I kept on a brave face as I kept going.

Our song had a combination of Korean, Italian, and English in it, about half of it being in Korean because this is South Korea. It was fun to throw in some Italian along with English, and clearly it was a good thing for us.

The song ended with me and Vinny back to back, like how we started.

----

"Are you serious?" I heard Hwang groan as Vinny opened the door for him. We were packing for LA, and I had called Hwang to explain what happened. He was not the happiest.

I limped into the living room. My ankle had swollen up more because of the dancing. Hwang immediately led me to the couch, and I sat down. Hwang pulled my leg up onto the couch so he could see it. He examined it and sighed. "It's a bad sprain." He told me, taking some prewrap out of his bag. "I'm going to put this and another wrap over it. Wear it constantly until you go to bed. Stay off of it as much as you can."

I frowned. "I'm going to be on it a lot."

Hwang nodded. "I know. But when there's an opportunity to sit, take it."

Vinny was in the living room, but when his phone rang, he left the room. It was probably Minzy.

"You can still dance, but it'll hurt." Hwang continued. He shook his head. "I told the stylists that those weird heels that curve in are not safe."

"It's my fault." I explained. "I kept stumbling, so I kept pushing myself harder."

"Well just be more careful. I'll make sure they don't have you wear anything dangerous."

Hwang stood and helped me up, and when we walked around the couches, Vinny quickly walked out of the kitchen as he said. "Babe, please. Just calm down for a moment, okay?"

I heard his bedroom door slam shut.

Hwang looked at me. "Is that him and Minzy?"

I nodded. "I think so... They never fight, though."

Hwang shrugged. "I need to get going. Be careful with that foot." Hwang hugged me and left.

I listened when i heard Vinny's voice in his room. "Minz, you're blowing this out of- Yes, I know, but you have to understand-" It was rare to get any emotion out of Vinny beside happy and cocky.

There was a knock at the door again, and I answered it.

"I heard you were hurt. Is everything alright?" Seungri asked immediately.

I nodded and held up my ankle. "Just my ankle. It's sprained, that's all."

We both jumped when we heard a distant, "NO!! Minzy, please! You know she's nothing compared to you!"

Seungri looked at me as he shut the door behind him. "Are him and Minzy okay?"

I shrugged. "I thought so."

We walked into my own room so I could finish packing. I had my door almost shut, but kept it open a crack so I could listen to Vinny.

Seungri sat on my bed as I folded my clothes and put them in my suitcase.

"Minzy, baby, please..." I heard Vinny say as his voice cracked. "You're tired. You can't do this to me over the phone. Just wait until I get back from LA and we can talk this out."

I gulped and looked at Seungri. His eyes widened a little. What was going on?

I didn't hear anything else, so I went back to folding. There was an ache in my chest. Something wasn't right.

Seungri and I both jumped when we heard something hard hit the wall in Vinny's room. I groaned softly. "Oh no."

We heard Vinny's door open, and I quickly walked out. Vinny was going to the door quickly, and had his  head bent.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly.

"I, uh... I need to go buy a new phone." Vinny said. His nose sounded clogged, and his face was red when he turned to slide on his shoes. I saw tears drip off his face and onto the hardwood floor.

"Vin..." I said, taking a step towards him.

"She's tired, that's all. Her jetlag always makes her grumpy. She'll come back and we'll be fine." Vinny shook his head and stood up. Yep. He was crrying. "Everything's fine. She wasn't serious. I know her."

"Vincent... what happened?"

Vinny stayed silent for a moment and looked at the ground. He sniffled and put his hands on his hips as he looked at me and shrugged. "She, uh..." He wiped one eye. Then he threw his hands up in dispair as he shrugged, a disbelieving chuckle escaping his throat. "She broke up with me."

My heart fell to the ground. "Oh, Vin...." I said, stepping towards him.

This was when he fell apart.

Vinny instantly fell into my arms, me being most of his support for him to stay standing. His shoulders shook as tears fell onto my bare shoulder.

I put my arm around his shoulder and led him to the couch as he constantly wiped his eyes. When we sat down I let go of him. "What happened?"

Vinny shrugged. "We were fine. But... I guess she saw some pictures of me out with Amber. But... she didn't see that I was with Henry, too. She got really mad... She said she was tired of seeing me out with other female idols. She said that she never steps out with another guy, not even any of Big Bang. She said that the pictures still hurt her and she couldn't take it anymore. So she broke up with me."

I scoffed. "You're kidding, right? She's your friend. You and Amber could never be anything more than that. You love Minzy."

Vinny nodded. "I know.... She's never been so mad, though."

"It's because she never showed it to you." I sighed. "That's why it isn't normal to not have fights in a relationship. You bottle it up until you explode." I shrugged. "And she exploded."

Vinny groaned in frustration and threw his head back. "I don't get it! I have friends, too!"

"It's because in Korea, especially in our industry, it isn't normal for male and female idols to go out together." Seungri explained as he walked into the room. "If you're seen with anyone of the opposite , you're automatically an item. Like Natalia and Kang Seung Yoon."

"Or me and Himchan, too." I scoffed.

"And, it doesn't help you and Minzy are an couple. For a Korean boy to date a foreign girl, it's cool. For a Korean girl to date a foreign boy and be serious..." Seungri shook his head. "It's, well, in a way, taboo." He shrugged. "It wouldn't surprise me if there was more to this, like maybe Minzy had been secretly getting backlash for dating you, and probably even from her family."

"But we were fine for two years..." Vinny winced and shook his head. "Everything was so good."

"This is probably just a rough patch." I tried. "She'll probably change her mind." I patted his shoulder. "I'm really sorry, Vin. Want me to talk to her?"

Vinny shook his head as he covered his mouth and nose with both hands. "No. This is my issue. I'll just... I don't know."

I nodded. "I'm really sorry to say this, but we have a plane to catch."

Vinny nodded. "I-I know. Let's go now so I can stop and go get a new phone."

We got our bags, and Vinny said he'd meet me out at the car. Seungri and I stepped out of the apartment.

"Are you sure he's going to be okay?" Seungri asked. "He's... it's like he's unstable."

"I'll watch after him. He's never really been dumped before." I sighed heavily. "I hope Minzy changes her mind. I've never seen Vinny like someone like he loves her."

Seungri nodded. "Let's hope things will end up okay." He hugged me. "Be careful. Especially because of your ankle." He looked at me. "Call me when you get to your hotel, okay?"

I nodded. "I will."

Seungri smiled a little. "That jealousy or suspiscion Minzy had with your brother and other idols, that isn't going to be us. Because we know we're in this for a reason." He kissed me before letting me go. "Have fun with your brother and Ji and Anika at K-Con."