Twenty-Four

We Can Make This Work

"Wake up. Nat, wake up." I was woken up by Seungri shaking my shoulder gently.

I had fallen asleep on top of my covers so that I wouldn't hurt the cuts too much. I woke up in a panic and sat up quickly, ignoring the sting. "What? Did I oversleep? Oh my God, YG is going to kill me!" Wh else would Seungri sound so anxious waking me up.

"No, no. You aren't late. You're fine. It's seven in the morning." Seungri assured.

I pushed my crazy bangs back. "Then what's wrong?"

Seungri took a breath and looked down at his tablet. "They know."

"Who knows? What?"

Seungri's face was so red. "Everything. They know everything. It's all out. I don't know who told, but now everyone knows."

"Seungri, what does everyone know?" My heart was racing.

He let me take his tablet, and I looked at the screen. I cursed when I saw it was in Korean.  I was not in the right mind to translate this morning.

I found an English button that would switch the language, so I clicked that.

I dropped the tablet as soon as I read the headline.

BREAKING: Natalia Suspended from VINAT, Demoted to YG Dancer Due to Seungri-TOP Love Triangle

"No." I shook my head as I read.

It was all hear. Me being demoted, the true reason to the car crash, me and TOP's secret hook-ups, and me and Seungri's fight.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I told Seungri.

"It isn't your fault, Natalia. Someone told."

I shook my head. "If I wouldn't have done those things than this would have never happened. We wouldn't be in this mess again."

"Natalia, stop blaming yourself, okay? This is going to hurt all of us, not just me or you. We need to find out who told. I swear I will find the power to fire them on the spot."

I was all out of tears. I couldn't cry anymore. "Who? Who hates us enough to tell?"

Seungri shrugged and looked at his tablet. "I don't know. It states that the person wanted to remain annonymous. They just state the person as "an insider at YG Entertainment:." He let out a frustrated sound and shook his head. "Who would hate the agency they work at? That is really pathetic! I don't care what their motives are. How would they even have any animosity towards us? We are the reason as to why they have a paycheck!"

My heart stopped. "What do you think YG is giong to do? He's going to find out. He probably already knows." I gulped and looked at Seungri. "He wouldn't fly down here, would he?"

---

"Alright, on My Heaven, let's shift down so the dancer have a little more space." Shaun told us as we did last minute touches to the concert.

We scooted down to be closer to BIGBANG. Shaun pointed at me. "Nat, I want you between the Kwons."

"Th-that'll put me in view more for the fans." I said nervously.

Shaun shrugged. "Someone opened their big mouth and said who you were already. Might as well not hide any-"

"EVERYONE OUT!!!"

We all jumped, then froze when we heard the concert entrance doors burst open.

Oh, God.

YG was fuming angry. I had never seen him this mad. He looked at all of us. "I mean it! Everyone get offstage!! Now!" He was storming towards us.

We all backed up to go offstage, and YG pointed at me. "Not you. Don't you dare move."

I froze. Oh no.

"Natalia." Seungri said quietly. stepping towards me.

"Seungri, get off the stage now." YG boomed.

"You don't deserve this." Seungri told me. "This isn't your fault."

"Do you want to go back on a three-strike policy again?!? Get off the ing stage!" YG sneered.

He never cursed. YG never cursed.

This was bad.

"Seungri, come on." TOP said. He had stayed onstage, too.

TOP had to grab Seungri to pull him off.

I couldn't breathe at this point. I could only wait for YG to say what was needed.

When he got close enough, YG spoke lowly. So low, it scared me. “You couldn’t keep a low profile, could you?”

THis was my fault. It was all my fault.

I took a step back and shok my head.

YG kept going. “I gave you one thing to do. One thing to do to keep low. To keep you away from scandals. And what do you do? Cause another scandal”

He was right. This was my fault.

YG actually let out a snarl. “What is it with your vain Italian into getting into stupid situations like this? Why aren’t aren’t you lke your brother? Why can’t you be like Vincent? Is it only Italian girls that are like this? Why can’t you be calm like him?”

Why wasn't I like Vinny? He was so calm and so carefree. He didn't crave the spotlight like I did. He didn't have random hookups like I did. He wasn't a like I was. Wh couldn't I be like my brother?

I took another step back. It was like my chest was being ripped into. I put my hand on my chest. Out of pure anxiety, I picked at one of the scabs on the front of my chest. It broke open and started bleeding.

YG jabbed his finger at me again. “You don’t know how tempted I am to strip of your contract and throw you out back to that sad little town in Illinois. Where you’re nothing. Just a little waitress at a pizza joint. You should have never come near BIGBANG. They are my boys and you cause them nothing but trouble.”

All I did was cause trouble. He was right. I hurt them. All I did was hurt BIGBANG. I didn't deserve them. I didn't deserve to be loved by any of them.

It felt like I had been punched in the stomach and the wind had been knocked out of me. I crouched over, clutching my breath, trying to get some breath into me. I couldn't breathe.

YG didn't notice any of this. If he did, he didn't care. I didn't blame him. “You have no idea how much I've tried to cover up your tish image and you don’t know how many times I’ve tried to fix it. But you ruin it each and every time. I never said I needed you. Vinent is doing fine on his own. He can be his own rapper. Do you not see how he’s doing? He’s doing better than you and him combined.”

It all happened at once. Noises became amplified. It seemed that every movement's speed was increased. I couldn't focus.

My anxiety attack took my whole body over. I didn't have any control of my body or mind. I kept my head down so YG didn't see my tears.

YG scoffed. “Do you know what? I can’t stand looking at you. Go. Get out of my sight. Get ready for the damn concert because you aren’t worth my ing time.”

I kept my head down and ran.

I had to get away. I had to find a room that no one was in. I needed to disappear.

Third Person POV

As YG ripped into Natalia, Seungri wanted to run out the and grab Natalia. He wanted to shield her from each verbal blow.

As soon as the CEO started cursing, Seungri's frown turned into a snarl. "He has no right to curse at her." Seungri growled, lunging to go out onstage.

G-Dragon grabbed the maknae, holding him back despite Seungri trying to struggle free. "Seungri, stop. You'll only get in more trouble. Natalia is strong. She can handle this.

TOP gasped when YG called the girl a . He watched Natalia almost collapse to the ground, her eyes shut tightly. "She can only take so much!" TOP exclaimed quietly. It took both Daesung and Taeyang to hold back the oldest rapper.

Seungri reached out for Natalia as she watched her run offstage. He could tell she was broken. YG broke her.

This wasn't only her fault.

YG started pacing the concert arena floor. He shut his eyes and took a breath, walking back and forth for minutes before he opened his mouth. "Everyone come out. Staff, dancers, band. Everyone."

Everyone stepped onto the stage, hesitant because they weren't sure of what the CEO would do.

“Who did it? Everyone step forward." Everyone took a step, and when YG saw BIGBANG step forward, he shook his head. "Not you. None of you would ruin this band. Go. Get ready. Top, Seungri,  I want to see you later at the hotel.”

BIGBANG hurried backstage.

YG started pacing again, his eyes shut. "Someone be an adult and step up. Tell the truth. If you admit to it, the punishment will be lessened."

No one said a word. CRAZY shifted uncomfortably. Hi-Tech looked around, hoping someone would confess.

YG sighed loudly. “Fine. If no one is going to tell me, that’s okay. I’ll find out. I always find out. Just know, when I do find out, your life is over. You will never find a job in this industry again. As for those who helped, you will be suspended. Without pay. For how long, I don’t know.  If any of you step out of line, just know you won’t have a dorm to come home to. For now, an immediate curfew is in action. As soon as the concert is over, you are to go to the hotel. I expect to have your phones in my hand before the concert. I hope to God that none of you made any calls.” He opened his eyes and glared at everyone. "What are you all doing? You have a concert to go get ready for. Get your asses to work."

-----

"Let's get our dancers out here!" Taeyang said in Japanese during the encore. "My men Hi-Tech!"

I watched offstage as the boys jumped onstage, upbeat and happy, hyped from tonight's show. It was a good show. Fans' screams seemed to be louder than the previous concerts. That and the fact that since YG was here now, we had to make sure everything was perfect.

"And let's not forget the ladies, CRAZY!"

Us girls walked onstage and smiled. I tried my best to seem upbeat and happy. My heart was torn. I was so scared to see YG again. What if he actually meant what he said?

"I would also like to take this time to thankonce person that has been trhough this whole tour with us." Taeyang announced.

Oh no. This could either be good or bad.

Taeyang walked over to me and put his arm around me. "Natalia, thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to lead the girls into a great concert. Give it up for Nat of VINAT!"

Everyone began clapping and cheering. I knew it should've made me feel better, but it made me feel worse. This concert was never supposed to be about me.

I smiled and waved at everyone.

After four songs for the encore, the concert ended, and the dancers were the first to walk offstage. I needed to get back to the hotel. I just wanted to grab my bag and jacket and get out of here.

The dancers took their time backstage, so I tried to hurry past them in the dim light. I felt my ankle trip against a foot sticking out. A few of the girls said something in Korean I couldn't catch as my ankle turned inward. I fell to the ground, my hands outward to catch my fall. It didn't help any.

"Natalia!" Young Don said behind me as I tried to stand. Pain went through my ankle, and I fell again.

"Yah, Ayeon! I saw you! You tripped Natalia!" Young Deuk snapped as the twins hurried to my sides.

"I'm fine." I muttered, biting on my lip to fight back the damn tears.

"Well if she wasn't trying to run out of here, she wouldn't have fallen." Ayeon said simply.

"Yeah, and I wonder why she wants to get out of here!" Young Don sneered at the female dancer.

"You need a medic." Young Deuk said, reaching out to touch my ankle. "It's swollen."

"I'm fine." I said under my breath.

"Here, let me pick you up." Young Don insisted.

I shook my head. "I can stand. I just need to get my bag and go."

"What happened?" Lola gasped, seeing us.

"Ayeon tripped her. She needs the medic." Young Deuk explained.

"I'm fine!" I hissed. This didn't need to be about me anymore. I just needed to get back to the hotel.

"I'll let them know." Lola hurried away.

"Here, Natalia. Put your arms around our necks. At least let us help you walk." Young Don sighed.

I finally obliged, hooking my arm around each twin. I kept my knee bent, and they put one arm each around my back. They helped me through the crowd backstage slowly since I was hopping on one leg.

"Please don't let YG find out." I told either twin, shaking my head.

"He's going to have to know if you're going to the hospital." Young Don told me.

I looked at him, my eyes ready to spill out their tears. "I can't go the the hospital. Please." I didn't need any more press.

Young Don nodded silently. He could tell I wasn't going ot budge on the subject.

We finally got outside behind the venue, where an ambulance and Lola were waiting.

"She doesn't want to go to the hospital." Young Don explained to my stylist. "She just wants to be fixed here."

Lola nodded, and spoke in Japanese to the paramedics. They nodded, and pulled out the stretcher so I could sit on it.

Third Person POV

"That was a great concert." Jiyong smirked as the boys made their way to the back exit of the venue.

Seungri smiled weakly and nodded. He had to agree, but he had bigger things on his mind.

What was YG going to do?

"Are you going to go find YG at the hotel or wait for him to come get you?" TOP asked the maknae, nervous as to what would happen between the pair and their CEO.

Seungri shrugged. "I don't know if either idea is better."

They walked out into the cold Japan night air. TOP looked around, curious when he saw an ambulance. He slowed down, then froze when he realized who was on the stretcher.

Was Natalia hurt?

"Is that Nat?" Taeyang asked, stopping, too.

Seungri froze and turned to the direction of the ambulance.

Despite his own racing heart and concern for the dancer, TOP gently pushed Seungri forward. "Go. She needs you."

Seungri ran to the ambulance and pushed through the Kwon twins. "Natalia! What happened?"

Natalia jumped when she saw Seungri. She shrugged shakily, wiping her eyes. "I-I fell."

"She didn't fall." Young Deuk scoffed. "Ayeon tripped her."

"Why would she do that?" Seungri asked the twins.

"Have you not noticed?" Young Don asked. "THe girls hate Natalia. Like really cannot stand her."

"Please, just be quiet. I'm okay," Natalia shook her head. "It's just a sprain."

Seungri reached out and put his hand on Natalia's shoulder as the paramedics bandaged her ankle. He had never seen Natalia like this. So... exhausted. Upset. Worn Down.

Defeated.

Natalia shook her head and spoke in barely a whisper. "I deserved this.... Everything is my fault... I don't deserve to be here... I can't do this anymore."

No one heard her speak.