Four

We Can Make This Work

The next day, it was back at YG for all of us. Vinny and I not only had to practice for Seungri's comeback, but we still had our Inkigayo performance.

When I had a break, Jiyong called me. I was in the dance studio. My guess was he was somewhere in the building.

"Hey, Ji." I answered. "What's up?"

"I want you and Vin to come up to the recording room. I want you to hear the new song." Jiyong replied. "I want to see what you think, since you two were such great fans of Missy Elliot."

This was true. When we wer really little, like five years old, my dad loved Missy Elliott, and always had it playing when we would go somewhere. I still remember dancing in the backseat with Vinny to her "Get Your Freak On". My first solo dance for YG, and my first duet dance with Minzy were Missy Elliott songs. In a way, she was my musical idol.

"Be right there." I told him and hung up. I tapped Vinny's shoe. "Let's go up to the recording rooms. Ji wants us to listen to his new song."

We both got up and hurried out, and I didn't even bother to put on my shirt. Being at YG, it was typical to either see Vinny walking around shirtless or me in my sports bra. It's just what we did. Vinny had a shirt on, though.

We made it to the elevator, and pressed the button. When it opened, I was surprised to see TOP there. I smirked jokingly when my brother and I stepped in. "Don't you live under a rock orr something?"

TOP chuckled. "Don't you own a shirt or something? Not that I'm complaining."

I scoffed, and Vinny went to press our floor. He looked at TOP. "You're going to see GD's song, too?"

TOP nodded. "I got called."

We both nodded, and I turned my back to TOP.

Which was a bad idea.

I jumped when I felt his hand on the crook of my neck, thumb brushing against the back of my neck. "Since when did you get this tattoo?" He asked, pushing my ponytail over my shoulder.

On the back of my neck, I had the word Amare in black cursive script.

Vinny looked at the both of us, his eyebrow raised in curiousity and confusion.

My back sittfened, and I turned around adn stepped away from him. "About two months ago when I went with Ji to his favorite tattoo artist. He did it for free. I just had o promise him I'd come back for my next one."

"And it's love in Italian, right?" He smirked and folded his arms. "So what, was this before or after your date with Himchan?"

I sighed and shook my head. "That wasn't a date... we were bored and wanted food."

"He had to hold your hand at a sidewalk just for dinner?" TOP smirked.

I groaned. Those pictures that were leaked... "He saved me. I was about to walk into traffic and he pulled me back."

"That's what they all say." TOP chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have to explain myself to you."

Luckily, the elevator doors opened. I was the first to step out, and Vinny saved me by getting out right behind me.

We walked to the recording room. and I smiled at Jiyong. "G-G-G-G Baby baby! Let me hear it!" I squealed and walked over to the leader, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

He returned the peck and pulled out a chair for me. "You're gonna like it, baby."

I sat down, Vinny and TOP pulling up chairs, too.

"Here we go." Jiyong pressed play and we listened.

The beat was powerful and hiphop, and it immediately had me moving, first my head bobbing to the music, and then pretty soon I had my whole upper body moving, moving my fists like I was hitting a drum in the beat with the "What what what what what" part.

It ended and I cheered. "I love it! Oh my gosh! It's so perfect!"

Jiyong smirked. "Good. I gotta practice my setlist for K-Con too. Are you guys done?"

"With our Inkigayo, yeah." I nodded. "We have Ri's later today."

Jiyong nodded. "Has YG talked to you yet?" He looked at both me and Vinny.

I groaned soflty. "No... why? What now?"

"I think it'd be better if he told you." Ji stood. "Want to go down to the dance studio with me? You guys probably need to."

---

Down in the studio (TOP left), Jiyong, Vinny, and I put on some music. Eventually the dancers showed up, as did Shaun when I was trying to help Jiyong find choreography for him and Missy Elliot's song. Anika even came in.

"I think you need to do more hip-hop." I said over the music, doing a move where I stepped to the side, moving my hips, holding my arms slightly away from the direction I was going in.

Jiyong copied me, adding his own flare. "I like that."

"I thnk you just need to go ratchet on it." Vinny joked, turning his back to the mirror. "Ya'll just gotta start twerking." True to his words, Vinny started twerking to the beat.

I cracked up as I kept dancing with Jiyong, the leader laughing loudly, too.

"Vin, you have no . Thus you cannot twerk." Anika snickered.

"You love it and you know it, Anika!" Vinny said, keeping it up.

"There needs to be an for me to love." Anika shot back.

"Shut up, Anika. You know you love dis !" Vinny said with a little too much... flare.

"Vin, in order for me to love you, you need to provide the goods for that to happen."

Vinny stopped and looked at Anika. A sly smile showing, "I do have the goods. You just can't see them." He rose an eyebrow.

Anika snorted. "Heh. puns."

Vinny pouted. "Hey, I wasn't talking about- Okay, okay, yes I was."

Anika smirked. "I'm so telling Minzy."

Vinny's eyes widened in terror. "No, Anika. No. Please. If you do, I'm telling Jay about the poster over your bed!"

"Go ahead!" Anika stuck her tongue out and started to the door. "I make it very clear to him that I like him."

"Anika!" Vinny shouted as she got to the door. He ran over to her, picked her up, and tackled her, Anika shrieking, horrified.

"That's what you get." Vinny stood back up.

Anika cowered onto the ground. "Jay is going to be so pissed when he inds out you just crushed one of his most dedicated fans."

"It was for a good cause. And you know you loved it." Vinny  winked as Anika stood up.

"Oh, yes. Getting my spine crushed by an Italian barbarian is so enjoyable. Please do it again. I LOVE PAIN."

Vinny laughed, and to our terror, started twerking again.

"You are not the Marcs I want to see twerking!" Young Don screeched, covering his eyes.

"Ya'll keep doing what your doing. I could watch you all day, baby." We heard someone else say in the studio.

I looked over at the voice, as did Vinny since they had been talking to him.

I SCREAMED.

Standing between Shaun and YG, the aura of perfectness just surrounding her, was the Missy Elliot .

Vinny actually fell to the ground. Which caused all of us to look at my brother.

Oh my God.

"Did he just pass out?" Missy Elliott asked, concerned.

"Yep." I managed to say, crouching down to Vinny. I put his head in my lap and slapped his cheek. "Vincent. Wake up."

I sighed. I didn't even pass out the first time I met Big Bang. I looked at Young Don. "Toss me a water."

He did, and I opened it and dumped at little on Vinny's face.

He immediately gasped and sat up.

"I'm okay!" He coughed. "I'm good!" He looked at Missy Elliott. "You're Missy Elliott!"

"And you're Vincent of VINAT." Missy smirked. "It's good to meet you guys."

I stood and wiped my legs off with the towel Young Deuk tossed me. I then walked over to Missy Elliot. Yeah, her 5'2" stature was definitely shorter than my 5'11" height. "It's so niceto meet you. You're, like, my idol."

Missy Elliott shook my hand. "It's good to meet you, too. Both of you."

Vinny nodded but kept behind me nervously.

YG smiled. "I actually wanted to find you two. I've already discussed things with Anika. Which she is excited for. So, Natalia and Vincent, I am happy to tell you two  that you will be going to MNet's K-Con."

Me and Vinny both looked at him, shocked. "Uh, what?" I said first.

"You're going to K-Con with Jiyong and Anika."

"But we have Inkigayo. And Seungri's performances."

"You can do Music Core and Music Bank for Seungri. We will pre-record your Inkigayo, but there will be other dancers for Seungri's Inkigayo."

"Are we going to do a panel and everything?" I asked..

YG nodded. "There's a YG panel. So is that okay with you guys?"

Vinny nodded, but I held up a finger. "On one condition."

YG looked at me, confused. "What?"

I walked over to the dancers. "I know he dances in Seungri's stuff, but I'm sorry. I'm not going without my boys." I put my arms around Donnie and Deukie.

Vinny rose his hand. "And I calll Miran!"

In YG, we all had dancers we prefered to dance with. I had Donnie, Vinny had Miran, Anika had Deukie (when she was forced to dance), Taeyang had Jihye, CL had one of the Kwon twins (when me and Anika wrent using them), and even Seungri had me before me and Vinny became VINAT.

YG sighed. "You make Italians seem so demanding... Fine. You guys can have the Kwons and Miran. But I am choosing the rest." He looked at the three of us. "You three will be performing Acapella, Anika will be performing her newest single, and VINAT will be doing Break It Down. All five of you will conclude the YG portion of the concert with a collaboration of Lose Control."

I couldnt believe this. Were we really ready for something like K-Con?

-----

That evening, after practicing for K-Con and practicing for Seungri's comeback, Seungri sat down next to me on the floor. "So I heard you were going to K-Con." He smirked and nudged me.

I nodded. "Yep. YG told us."

"Too bad you won't be at Inkigayo with me." He pouted. "But I'm happy for you. You should have a good time."

I nodded. "I know. I'm sorry I won't be here for a few days."

Seungri shrugged. "It's fine, sweetheart. I'll be watching the live videocasts. And we'll talk on the phone." He put one hand on the opposite side of me, and then kissed me lightly. "I'll just be sad I can't do that."

"I'll be sad you can't, either." I pouted right back.

He took his hand away from my other side and looked on his phone. "So there's nothing about our date online."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "But those girls took our pictures."

Seungri shrugged. "Maybe it will come out, maybe not. YG doesn't even know."

I looked at him. "Are we going to tell him?"

Seungri nodded. "I think so. I have to take you out on a second date, first."

I tapped his nose with my index finger. "Okay, just because I kissed you on the first date, doesn't mean anything extra is gonna happen on the second."

Seungri laughed. "I never even thought that, Natalia. I just think we need to go out again. Just to make sure, you know, this is the right thing."

I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. "You don't think it's the right thing?"

Seungri tossed his head back and laughed. "I'm making sure you think it's the right thing."

I grabbed his hand and leaned towards him again. "Oh believe me, it-"

The door loudly opened, so Seungri and i parted.

To my surprise, it was TOP. "YG wants to talk to both of you." He said.

I stood up. "Why?"

TOP shrugged. "He just told me to come get you." He rose his eyebrows and smirked. "Someone sounds like they're in trouble."

I looked at Seungri. He shrugged. "I guess he knows."

TOP left, and we followed.