Twenty

We Can Make This Work

"Try again." Vinny barked at Anika when she dialed Natalia's phone and it had gone straight to voicemail.

"Vincent, she's probably on her phone telling Madeline to go get her." Anika sighed as she walked into the twins' kitchen.

"No. I have a feeling something's wrong, Anika. She got in a car with Seungri and both were drunk. She's not answering her phone. Something's wrong." Vinny stood and grabbed his phone. He quickly dialed Minzy's number.

"Hello?" Minzy answered.

Vinny sighed. "Hey. Sorry, but have you heard anything from Nat since she ran out of the club?"

"No.... Why? Is she not home yet?"

"No. She went somewhere with Seungri."

"We'll did you call him?"

"No answer."

"What about Ji-oppa?"

Vinny nodded even though Minzy couldn't see him. "Yeah. He didn't pick up."

"Well, maybe she and Seungri went somewhere..." Minzy tried, even though she too had a bad feeling.

"She would have told me." Vinny groaned softly. His phone beeped, so he looked at the screen:

Incoming Call: Jiyong.

"Ji's calling me. I gotta go."

"Okay. Let me know if everything's okay."

"I will." Vinny said quickly before hanging up. He pressed connect to Jiyong's call. "Ji? Did you find them?"

There was a pause on the other end. Vinny froze when he heard sirens in the background.

Jiyong finally spoke. "It happened again."

Vinny froze and his heard plummeted. "Where are you?"

"In Seungri's ambulance ambulance. Taeyang and I followed them from a distance when they left. Some sassaengs followed them and Seungri tried shaking them. He went to turn left and they T-boned the passenger side. Taeyang is with Natalia in the other ambulance."

Vinny gulped. Natalia was on the passenger side. "What hospital?"

Jiyong told him, so they hung up. Vinny looked at Anika, his face pale. "We need to go. They got in an accident again."

--

Natalia's POV

"Natalia? Natalia!!" I heard my name repeating. Screaming.

I woke up. Seungri was next to me in the car shaking my arm. A deep cut was on the side of his forehead. "I-I'm fine." I said shakily.

It was all I could say. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe.

"Oh thank God." Seungri exclaimed, tears streaking down his face. "I-I thought... You were knocked out. I thought-" he started shaking.

"I'm fine." I said again. I looked to my right. Seungri had pulled me away to where I was now on the center console. I didn't get pinned in between the console and crunched in door.

Well, most of me.

I finally realized my right wrist was pinned between the no longer there seat and smashed in door.

I screamed, but then felt like I couldn't speak. "Oh my God." I squeaked. I started crying. "Oh my God."

I tried moving my wrist. It wouldn't budge. I could still feel and wiggle my fingers, which was a relief.

Glass was scattered across my lap and embedded in my right bicep. My head hurt like crazy, and I knew there was a cut on my own forehead that was bleeding. I felt constrited, and looked down. My seat belt felt like it was embedded into my skin, and it was proven when I saw blood begin to form around the sides of the belt.

I looked at Seungri though my tears. "Are you okay?"

There was blood on the deflated air bag that got set off from the steering wheel. He had glass scattered about him, too. I felt sick when I saw his right knee appeared twisted.

Seungri bit his lip. "I can't move my right leg."

"Natalia! Seungri!" We heard shouts.

I jumped when I saw Taeyang on my side of the car (the other car must have driven away), Jiyong on Seungri's side. They both looked terrified.

I was still crying. I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Oh my God." Was all I could say.

"The police and ambulance are coming, beautiful." Taeyang reached in despite the crunched metal and glass to hold my good hand. He poked his head in when he saw my seatbelt. "Let's get that off you, though." He looked around for the release button, but it was probably jammed next to my wrist. He looked at Jiyong across the car. "Do you have anyhing? A knife or something? We really need to get the belt off of her."

I could tell Jiyong's hands were shaking as he looked in his pockets. He thought for a moment, then ran back to his car. He soon came back with a pocket knife, handed it to Taeyang, then walked back to Seungri's side.. "That's pretty sharp."

Taeyang began to use the knife on the seat belt part farthest away from me. He finally cut it completely, then gently set the long piece leading to my chest closer to me. "This might sting."

I let out another painful cry when both Taeyang and Seungri stripped the seat belt from my chest and side of my neck. My neck and chest burned with a throbbing, stinging pain. Seungri immeidately managed to take off his jacket and press it to the cuts on my neck and chest.

"T-they need to get her out first." Seungri insisted. "She hit her head since I pulled her closer to me and away from the door and air bag. I'm fine."

"I can't move my arm." I took a breath. Everything was coming to me now; I had just been focusing on me, Seungri, Taeyanf, and Jiyong. Now I heard the sirens, the shouts of people, the flashing of cameras. My breathing quickened, and with each breath I felt like I couldn't get any oxygen into my lungs. My head felt like it was throbbing, my brain pulsing against my cranial bones. The lights from flashing phones and cameras made the sensation worse. It was nauseating.

I put my head down to my chest and squeezed my eyes shut. "Make it stop! Make the lights stop!" I begged, squeezing my free hand into a fist.

"H-here." Seungri said. I glanced at him, and he put a pair of ray-bans over my eyes. "It's not much but it should help."

It did help a little.

Police officers, firemen, and paramedics ran to the car. One of the paramedics asked me something, but my mind couldn't comprehend it.

"He's asking if you're okay." Taeyang translated before he stepped aside.

I nodded in response, and Seungri said something to the officers on my side. I saw the firemen hurry to their truck.

"They have to cut the door away, Natalia." Seungri told me. "They're going to get you out first. I can just open my door."

I was still shaking. I couldn't stop.

Seungri set his jacket on my shoulder closest to the door so the sparks wouldn't hit my skin when they cut the door. He then grabbed my good hand and had me face him. "They're going to cut the door. Just look at me."

I heard the saw start up, so I jumped.

Seungri took my face in both his hands. "I didn't leave you the last time. I'm not leaving you now."

I shut my eyes tightly as I heard the saw crunch through metal.

I heard one more loud noise, and I was suddenly cold.

"They got it off." Seungri told me.

I turned slowly, but is dizzying pain hit my wrist. I couldn't move it.

"Miss, we don't want you to move." A paramedic said in accented English. "We are going to lift you out and put you on a board."

I nodded, and two paramedics helped me out. The set me on a stretcher and strapped me onto a brace board. I clutched Seungri's jacket to my chest for dear life.

Another set of paramedics took Seungri out of his side and put him on a stretcher as my paramedics put an oxygen mask to my face.

"Go with Natalia. I'll go with Seungri." Jiyong told Youngbae.

Taeyang hurried by my side and grabbed my good wrist since my hand was still clutching Seungri's blazer. "You're going to be okay, beautiful."

---

Third Person POV

Vinny and Anika ran into the emergency room, and Vinny cursed when he saw new television cameras and reporters crowding the area, security trying to block them out.

One security officer walked over to shoo away Vincent and Anika, and Vinny shook his head. "She's my sister." He said in Korean.

He let them pass, and Vinny ran down the hall. YG always insisted on private hospital rooms.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Vinny heard Seungri say in one room.

Vinny turned into that room and saw Natalia and Seungri both on stretchers, nurses hooking up IVs to them. Natalia had a cut down at an angle on her neck and chest from what had to have been the seat belt, as well as a cut on her forehead and a forming bruise next to it. Her right arm appeared to be in a stent. She had a jacket on her lap and she was holding it tightly, like it was keeping her safe.

Seungri, on the other hand, and a clear gash along the side of his forehead, and it looked like his right leg was stablized by a stent. Both singers had various cuts down their arms. Taeyang was by Natalia's side, Jiyong by Seungri's

"It wasn't your fault." Natalia said shakily. Her face was streaked with makeup and blood.

"Nat." Vinny said, choking back his own tears of relief. She was awake this time.

Natalia looked up and let out a sob when she saw her brother. He ran to her side immediately, and she shook her head. "It wasn't his fault. There were sassaengs... A van hit us. She looked at her brother and shrugged. "They just drove off. They didn't even care."

"Little VIP, calm down." Anika assured, even though she herself was shaking and could barely breathe. She was next to Vinny. "You guys are safe."

Seungri shook his head. "It was too close so I couldn't move. I-I grabbed Natalia and pulled her towards me as much as I could. She didn't wake up at first," color drained from his face. "I-I thought... I thought that..." He broke into sobs, his whole body shaking. Jiyong embraced the youngest BIGBANG member.

"Did you get knocked out?" Vinny asked his sister nervously.

Natalia nodded weakly. "They just got done with our MRIs and X-rays. We're waiting to see results. They think I shattered my wrist."

"It was pinned between the smashed in door and the console." Taeyang explained. "If severe enough, she'll need surgery so they can put pins into her wrist."

"First my thigh and now my wrist. I'm gonna be made of metal more than I am bone." Natalia winced.

"No you aren't." Vinny sighed.

Kevin and Big Will barreled in next. "Oh, doll face." Kevin frowned, hurrying over to his client. "You alright?"

Natalia nodded.

Kevin looked around. "I want a full description of the hit and run vehicle. We will find these sons of es."

"Yes we will," YG walked in next. He looked at Seungri. "You know better than to drink and drive. Hopefully that doesn't need to get out." He looked at Natalia "Are you alright? How is your head?"

"It's fine." Natalia sighed, wincing when the nurse removed the tempory bandage that hid her cut.

The doctor walked into the cramped room. "We have the test results."

He walked to the light up board and put the x-rays on the screen. "For Seungri, it appears he has a broken sternum and a dislocated knee. We also believe he has a minor concussion, so we need to keep him over one night." He changed the pictures to Natalia. "Now, for Natalia, her wrist is completely shattered. The ends of the ulna, radius, and two of the carpals have broken in multiple places. We have to set up a surgery to place pins and screws to help the healing. She also has three cracked ribs and a more severe concussion than Seungri. We need to keep her overnight as well, and the surgery will be tomorrow." He looked at the injured pair. "You both are very lucky. I will send the plastic surgeon in to stitch up your cuts."

"So that's why my head keeps throbbing." Natalia sighed when he left. She suddenly gagged, so Vinny grabbed the nearest wastebasket. she immediately threw up into it.

Seungri shook his head. "I shouldn't have grabbed you. You wouldn't have hit your head."

"Wait, when you said her wrist was pinned between the console and door... where was her seat?" Anika asked cautiously.

"Seungri, you saved her life." Jiyong said quietly, his voice locking up. He looked at Vincent and Anika. "It was like Natalia's seat was just gone. It was that squished. He managed to pull her up onto the console."

"Did the seatbelt not lock up?" Anika asked.

Everyone shrugged.

"By the look of Natalia's cut, maybe it did. Seungri was just stronger." Taeyang suggested. "Either way, a cut and head injury is better than.." He stopped and shook his head.

The plastic surgeon came in and stitched the pair up. That's around the time the rest of BIGBANG and 2NE1 showed up.

Daesung ran to Seungri first, so TOP looked at Natalia. His eyes looked puffy and bloodshot, oBviously from crying. "Are you okay?"

Natalia nodded as the surgeon put gauze on her face. "S-Seungri saved my life."

"Why does she keep stuttering?" Vinny asked the doctor.

"It could be a side effect from the concussion, or post traumatic stress, or both. I wouldn't worry too much." The doctor replied calmly.

The doctor walked over to Seungri next, blocking Seungri's line of vision to Natalia.

TOP noticed this and hurried over to her, hugging her lightly. "That scared me so much. Minzy told us. I... I thought that...."

"I'm fine," Natalia nodded, giving a weary glance to Seungri's way. She couldn't see them.

"This is all my fault, Natalia. If you two wouldn't have fought-"

"It's no one's fault. No one here anyway." Natalia sighed. "Seungri and I are okay and that's all that matters."

The doctor finished, so TOP backed up so he was in his original spot. He walked over to Seungri to talk to him.

When the doctor left, YG frowned at Natalia and Seungri. "I am so disappointed in the two of you. Relieved you're both okay, but so, so disappointed. This was supposed to be Seunghyun's night. You both made it a night about you." He looked at Natalia. "Really? You're out of control! You can't stand having anyone else in the spotlight, can you? I do not create artists like that. Do I need to put you on probation so you can learn to be a little less self-absorbed? Vinny has plenty of potential to become a solo artist. You may have helped him get in here, but that doesn't mean you're a shoo-in to stay." He glared at Seungri. "You caused a scene at the club. Do you realize that we had to confiscate some phones that were taping your fight? We have to pay off so many reporters so that they promise not to expose this scandal. Not only that, but you should realize what happens when you get behind the wheel drunk. You put your life and Natalia's life in danger. There will be consequences, even though it appears you both have been through a lot."

Natalia instantly threw up again as Seungri put his head in his hands.

TOP was the first to speak. "Sir, the night was almost over. It's three in the morning now. The party was dying at one. They didn't steal any spotlight from me."

YG looked at TOP. "Why are you still defending her?"

"Because I still care for her. This isn't just about her. It's about Seungri, too. Neither of them stole any spotlight. Right now, we need to focus on them getting better instead of whether either of them are obsessed with fame."

"I agree with Top."  Vinny nodded, rubbing Natalia's back in gentle circles as she remained hunched over, tears falling silently from her eyes. "It'd be one thing if this was their first car accident, but it isn't. This brought back some really bad memories. This accident alone sounds pretty traumatic. Can we at least give them a few days and then you can set the punishment?"

----

Natalia's POV

My head was throbbing. No matter how much morphine they issued me, the dull thudding was still there.

I looked around in my single room, Vinny and Madeline sprawled out on chairs. I had insisted to either that they didn't need to stay, especially Madeline, but they both insisted. Madeline had felt awful because she was one of the last people to get here; instead of the after party, she went to YG to get more styling help from Lola.

I sat up, groaning quietly from the pain of my broken ribs. My hand felt numb, but that was because they injected a shot directly into it so I wouldn't feel the pain of my shattered wrist.

The MAMAs were in a month. Vinny and I were scheduled to perform. How were we supposed to now?

The door squeaked open, and I saw an IV pole role in before I saw a pair of crutches, Seungri balanced on them.

"What are you doing?" I whispered. Didn't he still hate me and think I changed?

"I did this when we were in the first accident because I told you I wouldn't leave you. So, I'm doing it now." He skillfuly hobbled over.

"I think I'm in a little better shape now than I was then." I admitted, eyeing him when he sat down in the chair beside me. "You're the one who should stay in your bed. You dislocated your knee."

"A dislocated knee doesn't take long to heal." Seungri sighed. "You have a severe concussion so you definitely should not be getting up."

"Well, I'm sure if Ji or someone wakes up, they're going to wonder where you are."

"Jiyong and Top stayed. Daesung is with Anika and Taeyang is in the waiting room."

"You're letting Top stay in your room?" I sat up better.

Seungri nodded. "He feels really bad... He doesn't care that tonoight was his movie premiere night. He really thought that this accident was as much his fault as the first one was."

I shook my head. "It's no one's fault. Well, no one here."

He nodded, then let out a heavy sigh.

I looked at him. "Why are you being nice to me? I thought you said I changed."

Seungri was quiet for a moment. "I... I am mad that you did... Things with Top. I'm very mad. But, I also know you aren't completely in the wrong. You want the truth?" Seungri looked at me and I nodded. Seungri sighed. "I did intentionally flirt with Anna. For business purposes. I felt like I had to. She's a friend, but she isn't you. I hated that you were in Italy. You and Vincent looked so natural in your interviews and performances there. I was so jealous knowing my country could never provide for you what your native country holds. You looked so happy. And those pictures from Dolce and Gabanna that were previewed? You and hyung look so... Natural. I didn't they were going to have you both pose like you were about to kiss."

"I didn't, either." I admitted. "I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I was uncomfortable the whole time."

Seungri chuckled and shook his head. "And then those tweets of yours, the selcas you and Top put on Twitter... I got so mad. But I ignored it." He shook his head again. "Then finding out about you and him..."

"How did you find that out?"

"Minzy told us how you and Top came to get Vincent last night. I overheard Bom whispering to CL asking if you had been wearing his short that same night. I knew it right then and there."

"Seungri, I really don't feel any kind of romantic feelings toward him anymore. That was all just... I don't know. Anger and recreation?" I let out a weak laugh. "It wasn't like I was out screwing every K-Pop guy."

"I know, Natalia. But please understand where I'm coming from. It was with him. You dated him for a long time. You both kept getting back together. You both really did love each other, and to be honest, I think Top regrets losing you."

"That's his own fault, though. I'm not going back to him."

Seungri nodded. "I was so mad... So mad. I apologize for calling you those names. Anger doesn't mix well with alcohol. Then... Then our accident.... I did pass out after the initial crash, but I woke up far before you. When I saw you knocked out, it reminded me of our awful crash... You looked so still. I started thinking about the other accident and I truly thought we were in danger of almost losing you again. At that moment I regret every name I had called you. That had been out of jealous anger. Then I tried waking you, and you didn't wake. It was terrifying, Natalia." He shook his head. "I.... I do need to think about the fact we weren't together. I'm still mad, and I know you would be mad if I slept with another girl during that separation. But, Nat.... I, I-" he let out a chuckle and looked at me, cocking his head to the side. "I still want to be with you, you know?"

I knew I should've been happy to hear him say this, but it just made me feel guiltier. He couldn't forgive me this easy. I couldn't let him. "I don't think we should jump back in so quickly, though. You're right, Seungri: it wasn't like I was with any guy. I was with Top. I don't think YG would allow it, either."

"Maybe we should cool down for a bit," Seungri suggested. "And YG was just angry and overwhelmed. He'll talk to us later and be more mature. After a while, I'm sure we can start again. I just wanted to clear the air between us."

I nodded. "I really am sorry, Seungri. If there's anything I can do, just tell me."

Seungri thought for a moment. "Maybe... Keep your distance from Top? Not forever, but just for a while? Do you think you could do that?"

I nodded. "Of course." I shook my head, ignoring the pain from my concussion. "I will do anything. I'm awful, you know? Everything YG said about me is true. Even though I don't think so, there's a part of me that always wants the spotlight. It's like, now people love me. They want me. I never had that before all this. It's.... It's an addiction." For some reason, tears formed in my eyes. "I need help."

"You know who you remind me of?" Seungri asked me. I shook my head. He smirked. "Me. I was- I am that way, Natalia. There's just something about the spotlight that's so intoxicating. I want more. It really is an addiction."

"Well, YG had you on a three-strike policy when it got bad, right?"

Seungri nodded. "But really, I don't think YG would've ever kicked me out. If you're missing one of BIGBANG, it really isn't BIGBANG. The same with VINAT. He can't kick you out. You're half of that duo. It's important you stay in it."

"What do you think he's gonna do to us, then?"

Seungri shrugged. "I really don't-" We heard the door open, so we both looked that way.

TOP stood at the doorway, and he looked like he had just woken up. "I knew you would be in here, Seungri. Come on. You have to come back to your room. If Jiyong finds that you aren't there he'll get worried. Natalia needs to rest for her surgery tomorrow, anyway."

Seungri nodded and stood, balancing on his crutches. He looked at me. "Don't worry about it, okay? Everything is going to be okay."

I nodded and watched he and TOP leave.

Would everything really be okay?