Three

We Can Make This Work

"So where are we going?" I asked Seungri as we walked to his sports car. I was glad with what I was wearing; Seungri had opted for a grey v-neck t-shirt and relaxed jeans.  His thick hair was natural and covering his forehead. He looked so adorable, I was embarrassed to look at him.

"You'll find out. I have a couple of things planned for us." Seungri smirked and put his arm around my shoulders. He immediately removed it and looked at me. "Hold up. I'm sorry. This is a first date. Shall I treat it like our first date?"

"I must let you know, though: I don't kiss on the first date." I smirked at Seungri.

Seungri dramatically let out a sigh. "I think I can deal with that.... so let' stry this."

We got to his car, and he opened the door for me. I got in and quickly checked my face before he got in himself. My cheeks were so red...

"So you have to give me some kind of hint." I pointed out as we drove away.

"No  I don't." Seungri smirked. "It's a secret." He glanced at me, his face softening into a concerned look. "Are you... okay?"

I looked at him, confused. "Yeah. Why?"

He nodded to my hands. I looked down, and reallzed one was digging into my knee, the other gripping the handle. I quickly let go of both. "Oh. Uh... I haven't been the exact same since the accident."

"This is the first time I've driven in a car with you since it happened." Seungri realized. "Are you going to be okay?"

I nodded and took out my phone. "I just need to distract myself." I began to scroll through anything I could.

For some reason, and maybe it was because it had been Seungri driving when we got into the accident, but I knew my anxiety was heightened. I also knew that if anyone could relate to me, it was Seungri.

"It took me motnths to get back in the drivers seat of a car, Natalia. I know it can be hard." Seungri assured me.

I nodded. "I know you know. Which makes me happy. Someone knows what it feels like. Vinny, hell, even Top made fun of me whenever I was apprehensive about getting into a car. They just don't get it."

"That isn't nice of them. For a while, I was afraid to try and drive again. I know the accident wasn't my fault, but I feel like I could have done something to fix it." Seungri's grip slightly tightened on the wheel.

It got silent, and I finally spoke to change the subject. "So are we almost there?"

Seungri smiled as he slowed down. "We actually are."

We parked and got out, and Seungri led me through the busy streets of Seoul, staying close to my side. I had such an urge to reach out and lace our fingers, or put my arm around his waist so he would put his around my shoulder, but I had enough will power to refuse. He wanted to act like this was a first date.

I smiled when we stopped in front of a shop and Seungri nodded to the door. "Here we are."

I looked at him. "Really? Oh my gosh, I've always wanted to do this!"

Seungri chuckled. "I thought it would be fun for us."

What we were going into, was the Mustoy shop, where you got to draw on these little figurines and you could either keep them, or let the shop have them for display. I've alway wanted to do this, but never have.

"I contacted the shop, so they know we are coming. We are going to make our own each, and then together we are going to make one. The one we make, the owner of the shop wants to take a picture of us with it, and then we'll keep it here so fans can see."

I nodded. "I love that idea! Let's go!"

Seungri laughed and we walked in, getting an instant greeting from the shopowner. There was a small family in the shop, and a couple of young couples.

"We are so happy you have decided to come to our shop this evening." The shopowner said in Korean when she approached us. "What brings you to our store?"

Seungri smiled softly at the middle-aged lady. "Well, you know, with being at YG all day, we decided we needed a little relaxation and fun."

I smiled and nodded in agreement.

The shopowner led us to a table. When we passed the young couples, the girls noticed us more than the boys. One girl even gasped and covered her face.

The owner looked at us. "We really appreciate you agreeing to painting a doll for our store. We'll get you the toys, and we hope you have a fun time."

Seungri and I both ignored the couples taking photos of us with their cell phones, but I couldn't help but glance at Seungri and mutter, "You know those are going to get out to the media..."

Seungri innocently shrugged. "So?"

I kept it at that. If he didn't care, I wouldn't either.

The owner came back with three dolls and three templates we could practice on. She showed us the marker and erasers, too.

Seungri and I btoh nodded and said our thanks, and she left. I looked at Seungri and smiled. "So, what's the concept here? Like, what are we trying to do?"

Seungri smirked. "We are going to make a doll for each other. The doll has to be something that reminds us of, well, us."

I thought for a moment. "I can do that." I reached over and grabbed a doll, and looked at my pen choice.

My concept? Anika had one name for me and Seungri: Italian Panda. So I was going to make a panda, but in Italy's flag colors. I was also going to draw little random things about our cultures on there: A slice of pizza, a bowl of kimchi, a bottle of wine, a bottle of soju. On the stomach, I would draw a flag, half of it being Italy, the other half Korea.

I started to draw, making one eye big, open and blue, making the other look like "<". I put a cheeky smile on it, too. I made the spots on the panda red or green.

I felt someone watching me, so I glanced up, and smirked when I saw Seungri with his phone pointed at me, his own doll half-done. "What?"

"I just had to take a picture of this. You are too cute." Seungri chuckled and showed me the picture. I was leaned over my doll, drawing intricately, my brows furrowed a little, my lips even pouted, and my hair hanging over my shoulders.

I laughed and shook my head. "I just want it to be perfect for you."

"Anything you do is perfect for me." Seungri told me, meeting my eyes with his own.

I had to look away, so I looked back to my doll and started drawing as best I could.

We both finished, and I showed mine first. "Tah-dah!"

Seungri laughed and took it from me. "I get it! Anika calls us Italian Panda. It's cute." He smiled at me. "I love it. And here is yours."

I took it from him, and laughed. He somewhat had the same idea I had, except half was completely the Italian flag, the other Korea. The doll had eyes like I made his, and little sayings all over it. It was so cute.

"I love this!" I squealed. "So what are we doing for the one here?"

"Come over here." Seungri patted the seat nex to him.

I sat next to him, and he put the doll in front of us. "I think we should just make one like your design. Italian Panda, right? And we can write a little note to VIPs and Amicis."

Amici means friends in Italian, and was me and Vinny's fanclub name.

Seungri and I started drawing, which worked out since I was left handed and he was right-handed. We got to work on it at the same time.

When we finished it, Seungri took out his phone. "Let's take a picture so fans know to look for it."

Seungri held up the doll between our faces, and we got close together. We both smiled open-mouthed for the picture, like we were excited. Seungri put the picture on Twitter with the caption "Natalia and I made a gift for VIPs and Amicis! Go check it out :)"

After taking a picture for the shop and paying for everything, we walked out of the cute place. It was so much fun, being there.

I looked at Seungri as we walked through the busy streets of Hongdae. "Okay, now where are we off to?"

Seungri smiled and nudged me softly. "You like ice cream, don't you?"

We kept going, and I knew some people did recognize us despite our casual clothes and sunglasses (it was like eight at night but the sun was setting).

The crowd kept getting denser and denser to the point I ad to be shoulder-to-shoulder with Seungri so I wouldn't lose him. I finally had the guts to look at him, despite my beating heart and fluttering stomach. "You do realize I hold hands on the first date, right?"

Seungri smiled, and without hestiation, our fingers linked. He kept ahold of me as we made it through the busy streets and to an alleyway. I gasped. "I totally know where we're going."

Sure enough, we showed up at Fell and Cole's Gourmet Ice Cream. Once again, I had always wanted to go here, but never have.

It's like he could read my mind or something.

----------

After trying different kinds of ice cream, we had gone to the park to look around at the various street performers. There had even been a b-boy group dancing to me and Vinny's newest single off our album, Break It Down.

It was almost midnight when we got back to my appartment.

At my door, I turned and looked at Seungri. "This really could be the best first date I've ever been on." I smiled. "Thank you so much."

"I'm glad you liked it." Seungri said back. "I had a really great time. But, then again, whenever I'm around you it's a great time."

My cheeks felt like they were on fire.

Seungri let out a chuckle. "It's funny, because you're face has been turning red all night. What, do I embarrass you?"

"No!" I said immediately, shaking my head. "It's just... when I get nervous or when I can't believe someone said someting to me, my face heats up. I can't help it." I put my cool hands against my cheeks. "Believe me, it's a good thing you make my face look like a cherry."

Seungri smiled and nodded. "Good. We need to go out again."

"I don't know when that's going to be." I sighed. "We have practice and music shows all week."

Seungri nodded. "I know. It's going to be busy. Especially since it's my comeback week. I'm glad I got to spend my day off with you, though."

I smiled, too. "Me, too."

It got silent. I hated this part of dates: the ending. It was always so awakward.

Seungri puffed out his cheeks, then sighed loudly, letting it out. "I better let you get inside. I'll see you tomorrow, Natalia." He hugged me tightly, but kept it at that.

He let go of me, gave me one last smile, and started away.

I bit my lip nervously. What did the kids say these days?

YOLO.

I reached out and grabbed Seungri's wrist, pulling him back. I gripped the front of his shirt with both hands as I looked up at him and said quietly, "I can make an exception for you."

Finally, I pulled him down a little, and kissed him hard on the lips.

As if he had been waiting for me to do this and was happy I did, Seungri wrapped his arms around me and picked me up off the ground, setting me back down as I parted from him.

Now that was a goodnight kiss.