Ten

We Can Make This Work

Silence. Staring. That's all that we got as we awkwardly sat on YG's long couch, our boss standing in front of us, his arms lightly crossed in front of his chest as he looked at each of us.

He sighed and then clicked his tongue once before closing his eyes. "I... don't know what happened yesterday. I don't want to know what happened yesterday. We are covering all of you. You can read about that. I don't want to go into detail. But each of you, if you get asked about it, you're on your own there. I'm not going to prompt you on what to say." He rubbed his chin. "None of you are going off without a punishment. You are all going to end up doing something to make up for this. It is useless to put a dating ban on any of you." He opened his eyes and looked at Vinny. "That is not how we handle breakups to the media. It would be one thing if you were dating someone of a different company, but now I have to defend both of you."

Vinny shifted uncomfortably next to me. YG continued, pointing at us two first. "You both are going to guest judge and help on WIN, to begin with." He looked at me. "With your little... racy stunt yesterday, you're attracting attention from a certain American pop star I wish to have nothing to do with. You can deal with that."

I looked at YG, confused. "What? Who?"

YG ignored us. He looked at Anika. "No Thin Mints for a week. I mean it. Hwang is at your house right now trashing every cookie you own."

Anika's mouth dropped open as a small defeated whine escaped .

He looked at Big Bang. "You all should know better. I am shocked. Especially that the picture of Natalia and maknae was from you, Jiyong." He glared at TOP. "And really? Are we in high school again where hickies are okay to show off? Who even gave you that?"

"Is that really important?" TOP asked.

"If it comes out of my mouth, it's important." YG snapped.

"Natalia. Natalia gave it to me." TOP sighed.

YG looked from TOP, to me in shock. "What happened to you and maknae, then?!?"

I looked down at my hands in my lap. "I was a big last night...."

"I put her up to it." Jiyong tried. "I bet her she couldn't give one."

YG sighed and shook his head. "I can never discipline one of you without another defending them." He looked at Vinny. "You... I do't even know what to do with you. I'd say more training with Hwang, but you enjoy working out." He looked at CL. "For some reason I feel as if you just kind of tagged along."

"She did." Anika and I confirmed. "None of this is her fault."

"Well, Let's take a look at the news sites, shall we?" YG clicked onto a site, and it popped up on the TV. The headline read: YG Members Party Hard.

Pictures consisted of the one Jiyong had posted of me and Seungri, Vinny and Anika holding up shot glasses, me and CL with our martini glasses, and Big Bang with bottles in their hands.

There was speculation that the picture of me and Seungri were he and I, but it  couldn't be confirmed because they couldn't see my face. That was good, I guess.

Vinny's picture was also in speculation. No one had known they had broken up, and now it was everywhere.

YG shook his head. "Now we have to deal with this breakup Vincent. You have any idea to how we should go about this?"

"Uh, yeah." Vinny scoffed. I looked at him, and saw his cheeks grow in color, his eyes narrowing. "Maybe everyone needs to stop assuming it was mutual when it wasn't! SHE dumped ME! I'm the victim here! I did nothing to hurt her! She blew it out of proportion! It isn't my fault!" He exclaimed. "Everyone is going to be like oh, poor Minzy, while I'm the one sitting here in the dust!"

We all were quiet, even YG. Vinny never exploded like that in front of YG. It was a first.

YG shook his head. "This is why I don't like dating." He looked at me. "I'm going to change the subject to the American pop start you attracted."

I groaned and put my head in my hands. "If it's Justin Bieber, I swear-"

"I would have agreed to a collaboration if it was Justin." YG interrupted. He clicked on another story. "How do you suppose I deal with this?"

I looked at the screen. Anika snorted. Taeyang let out a disgusted sound.

The story was about Twitter.

The American pop star?..... Miley Cyrus.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like Miley Cyrus. Didn't when she was Hannah Montana, and I still don't. She's a little... crazy. Not my style.

I read the article. Apparently one fan tweeted asking who she would like to collaborate wit hif she had the chance. She had said me. Another fan tweeted her the picture of me and Seungri. This was her response:

she and i wud b so perfect. omfg wed be so y! may even reenact the madonna-britanny kiss from the vmas? @NatalianBomshell, whataya say? ;)

I gasped. "I don't even follow her! No! I'm sorry, but no!"

"We'll deny if any rumors errupt that you two are working together." YG sighed. "We also think it would be best if you would tweet in response and refuse."

I scoffed and shook my head. "I'm sorry, but after her VMA performance, she's the one celebrity I would slap and give a piece of my mind if I saw her in person. You don't want me to reply on Twitter."

"Well you need to deny it. Kindly refuse." YG told me.

"She doesn't even use proper grammar." Jiyong scoffed. "English isn't my first language but I don't even talk that way on Twitter."

YG shook his head. "There is so much to clean up." He sighed heavily and looked at me. "Most of it is because of you. You do realize you're becoming the vixen of YG right? You're completely bipassing the bomshell."

I scoffed. "We all know Jennie was going to that spot anyway. At least I'm moving up instead of getting knocked down."

"Depends on how you look at it." YG said back to me. "You do realize how these kinds of things make you look, right? Like you're, well, like you're easy."

Everyone gasped, and my eyes widened.

Oh my God, even my CEO thought I was a .

"She isn't, though!" Seungri defended me. "That was me she was with. She's either been with me or Top! If anything, she's flirty!"

I shook my head. "I'll just dress in fluffy sweaters and slacks for now on. Let Jennie have that spot even though she's underage."

"I never said that." YG sighed. "You're fine. Korean fans just don't realize you're American and Italian. Both of those types of celebrities can be racy."

"I'm not racy!" I screeched. "You don't see me doing topleess photoshoots or being body-painted for Sports Illustrated! I'm the spokesmodel for Aerie, yes, but I love that brand. I endorse it because I wear it."

"I know, I know." YG nodded. "Despite how angry I am with what happened, I am defending all of you to the public." He looked at Jiyong. "I expect your comeback to be perfect. Which means you're going to be helping Jennie a lot."

"Why's he helping Jennie?" I asked, my eyes narrowing.

"She is going to perform Black with him for his comeback." YG explained.

"That's my song." I frowned. "I helped Ji write it. Why can't I do it?"

"I thought you didn't want to be labeled as Big Bang's Girl anymore." YG told me.

"This is different." I muttered.

"I have something else planned for you and Vinny, anyway." YG said. He looked at Seungri. "You have so many fan signings this week. I expect you to be your best at each one." He pointed to Taeyang. "You need to put the finishing touches on your album. I expect to listen to it Friday." He nodded to Daesung. "Since your Japanese promotions are done, you actually have the week off. But come to the weight room regularly to work out."

"So Mr. Rock still lives under a rock?" I chuckled and glanced at TOP.

"I wasn't done." YG told me. He looked at CL and Anika. "You both kow your schedules."

Finally, he looked at Vinny and I. "I guess it's good I had this planned for you. Vincent, you'll be away from Minzy, and Natalia, you'll be distanced from Seungri, which is good right now." He clasped his hands in front of him. "Pack your bags. You're going to Italy."

Vinny and I looked at him, back at each other, then back at YG. "What?" Vinny smirked.

"MTV Italy contacted us and want you to come to Italy to be interviewed, have a few magazine photo shoots, do a fan meet-and-greet, and a concert. You'll be in Italy for the next week. Which brings me to my last comment." He looked at TOP then back at me. "I'm happy to announce Dolce and Gabanna have chosen two members of YG to model their next campaign for Korea. Natalia, Top will be flying out to Italy at the end of the week and you two will do a photo shoot together for the brand. This is a good thing for you both."

Uh, yeah it was, counting how D&G was a huge brand. I loved it. So did TOP.

We were all silent, some of us smiling with excitement, and YG clapped his hands together, making us jump. "Why are you all still sitting here? Get to work! Natalia and Vincent, go home and pack. Your plane leaves tonight."

We all got up and quickly left, Seungri meeting me right outside. "Congrats on the modeling job." He smiled.

I did, too. "I know. It's so cool." I pouted. "But we're going to be countries apart."

Seungri smiled sadly and shrugged. "I had a busy schedule this week, anyway. This is so good for you and Vincent! You get to go to your home country!"

I shrugged. "I guess..."

"I'll just have to take you out when you get back." Seungri grabbed my hands and pulled me closer.

"And maybe I'll have to be a little more... giving." I winked.

Seungri rose an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh, really? Well, then you really should hurry home." He quickly kissed me before YG would see. "Be safe. Call me when your plane lands. We'll Skype every night." He hugged me before letting me go. "And you know, this is a good thing for Vincent. He needs to get away. This breakup is hitting him hard, I can tell."

"He's never been dumped before." I admitted. "And... I really do think he loves her."

"Well, some sibling bonding will be good, then." Seungri smiled.

I hoped it would, because right now I was more concerned about Vinny's well-being than my own. Especially when it came to the media.