Twenty- One

We Can Make This Work

"How you feeling?" Vinny asked as I walked into the kitchen slowly. It had been two days since my surgery, only three days since the accident. I had a neon purple cast on my right wrist, which went up to the middle of my forearm and covered my whole hand, little holes on the end for my fingers to be free. I hated wearing casts.

"I'll be fine." I sighed, ignoring the pain in my torso from my ribs. I was still really sore. Now for the past couple days I've had to wear leggings and one of Vinny's button up shirts, because everything I had would cling to the gashes along my neck and chest from the seatbelt, even though I had to put long pieces of guaze on them.

"Here." Vinny handed me a glass of water and two of my prescription pain pills. I took them and looked down at my basic grey button up shirt-black leggings combination.

"Sorry I have to keep wearing your shirts. Everything else hurts."

"Whatever makes you feel better, Nat. Don't worry about it." Vinny patted my shoulder really lightly. "Unlike YG, I don't think you're the way he described you at the hospital. Did he completely forget all the charity events you do with Sean?"

I did do a lot of marathon runs and I loved visiting orphanages with Sean. It wasn't my fault news reporters liked to interview us there, too.

I shrugged. "He has a point, Vincent. It seems like every day someone has written another article about me."

Vinny checked his phone. "Well, Kevin is meeting us at YG so he can be there for you when YG talks to you about everything."

"Well, let's go." I sighed. I made sure my iPad was with me so I would have something to focus on while Vinny drove. This would be the first time I would be in car since we got home from the hospital.

"I'll go slow, okay?" He grabbed his phone. "And I almost forgot. All our fans are still freaking out because they haven't seen any pictures of you since the accident. So Kevin wants us to take one." He grabbed my good arm and pulled me into his room in front of his full-length mirror. I frowned. "Vinny... I have a bandage on my forehead and a cast and you can see my neck and I have so many bruises."

"But you're also wearing a fashionable oversized shirt, black leggings, and heels. Your hair is straight which hides some of your neck. So you still look good. you still look like you." He saw the expression didn't change on my face so he sighed. "Natalia... Kevin said to do this. We need to."

I finally nodded. "Fine."

Vinny put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me cloer. I tossed my head to the side that caused my hair to cover my neck. I tried to smile, but the least I could do was a small closed-mouth forced grin. Vinny grinned to and took the mirror pic.

He put it on Twitter with the description: hanging in there @NatalianBombshell #healing #miracle #PrayForItalianPanda #YGFamily

------

"Natalia and Seungri, let's go." YG said when he stepped out of his office.

I looked at Seungri and we both stood, Seungri using his crutches skillfully. We followed YG to his office, and I held the door open so Seungri could step through. I went in after Seungri, and we sat at the couch.

"First of all, how are you two healing?" YG asked us as he sat down. "Are you still sore?"

Seungri nodded first. "I am still in pain a little, but we have medication."

I nodded too, but stayed quiet. 

YG closed his eyes and sighed. "I won't take long to say this. First of all, my anger showed a little too much at the hospital. I was very tense when I got a call from Jiyong about the car accident. I do have new plans for you both, because I want you to work on the things I mentioned." He shut his eyes. "Now, I'll start with Seungri. Your tour with BIGBANG in Japan starts right after the MAMAs. You need to practice hard to make this a good effort for BIGBANG as a whole. Your knee should be healed by then, so I expect you to do perfectly." He opened his eyes, looked at me, then closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "I am not putting you on probation, Natalia, but I am... let's call it a suspension from VINAT. You are going to take a break from VINAT to help out with other things. During this, Vinny will be promoting his first single. If you pass with these tasks I give you, I will permit you to create your own single. First thing you are to do, is feature in Top's video for Doom Dada, which will tape in two days. We will have video editors fix it so it doesn't look like you have a cast in the video. You and Madeline will be in it as models, and your brother will be in it. I've already talked to your cousin, too about what I am about to say; after Top-ah's personal request, we are flying your cousin Antonio in to be in the video as well. We need a little child and he is the first one to come to TOP's mind."

I was really surprised to hear this. "You're flying Tony here? By himself? He's seven. He can't get on a fourteen hour flight on his own."

"I know that. I had Teddy stop by in Chicago since he was in LA talking to will.i.am anyway. He got your cousin and they should land here in a few hours."

I looked at Kevin. "Did you know?"

Kevin nodded. "I was going to tell you but then the accident...."

I nodded. It would've been nice to know that I would have a ten year old to take care of for the next few days, but I was excited to see my little cousin anyway.

YG continued. "Not only that, but you're going to go to a special orphanage with Sean next week and help for a couple days. It's at a church. Have you heard of the Jusarang orphanage?"

I immediately knew what he was talking about. "The orphanage led by pastor Lee Jong Rak. It has the Baby Drop Box. Of course I know. I will be happy to go and help."

This pastor was truely and inspiration. The child-abandonment rate in Korea is high, so Lee Jong Rak created a "Drop Box" where mothers and fathers that didn't want their children could place them in this box that was connected to pastor Lee's church. He would take in these children and care for them. It was so touching, and I had always wanted to do something for them.

YG nodded. "Good. There is one more thing: for the time being, I am ranking you down to the label of YG Dancer again. You will be dancing in BIGBANG's Japan tour so you can not only not be in the spotlight, but be shown how you need to work to put others in the spotlight."

This made my heart drop. I was being labeled as a dancer again? I kept my head down.

"That is all. You and your brother need to go to Incheon, Natalia. They should be landing soon. I'm sure this was a new adventure for Teddy, taking care of a child. You both may go. Rest up. In two weeks, we will be practicing for the MAMAs."

-----

"I can't believe you didn't tell us." Vinny told Kevin as we got out of the car at Incheon Airport with Kevin, Big Will, and Madeline.

"I can't believe our family didn't tell us." I added, hissing when I stretched to much, my ribs aching.

"It was last minute. Your family was probably to worried about the car accident to mention it." Kevin told us as we walked into the busy airport.

We waited at the gates, ignoring the various camera flashes and shouts from new reporters asking about my accident. I just wanted to see my cousin. It had been over six months since we had seen anyone besides Madeline.

Finally ,we saw Teddy first, dressed in his usual hoodie-flatbill combination, and I got excited.

Vinny burst out laughing when he saw Tony, and I gasped.

"Little dude, what's up with the outfit?" Vinny asked when Tony was close enough, the youngest male of the cousins hugging Vinny  tightly.

This outfit was so not Antonio, and I knew Teddy had something to do with it: skinny jeans (I didn't know they made them for kids his age), a blue button down shirt, Adidas high tops, and black flatbill hat. He looked like a mini-Vinny.

I looked at Teddy. "What did you do to our cousin?"

Teddy shrugged innocently. "I don't know how to handle a kid! And he was not about to walk around with me dressed in that Nike hoodie and sweat pants he had on when I picked him up."

"We went shopping. He made me." Antonio grumbled.

"Hey, don't act like it was awful. You got some ice cream out of it." Teddy jokingly nudged Tony.

I laughed, the first time since the accident. "We're really happy you're here, Tony. Thank you, Teddy. You took good care of Antonio, even though he does look like a tool in training."

"Hey, he's got some swag now." Teddy smirked, then he hugged me. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for the accident. How are you and maknae doing?"

"Hanging in there." I nodded.

Teddy looked at Vinny. "Tomorrow we need to get in the studio to work on your single. Kush has already been working on it."

Vinny nodded, and my heart dropped. I couldn't believe YG was demoting me.

"And you'll get back up to do your own solo, baby girl." Teddy assured. "We already know what we want you to do. It's going to be interesting, because CL will later promote the same song. It's like a solo collaboration but you both won't be on stage together. She helped write the song, but thinks that it can work for you, too." Teddy looked at my brother. "Your solo is going to be a remake of Jiyong's song Who You. YG kind of wants us to focus on you guys possibly creating a cover album, since fans call you both BIGBANG combined into one person, and 2NE1 combined into one person."

This was true; fans often mentioned I had CL's rapping skills, Minzy's dancing ability, Bom's sultry voice, and Dara's beauty, while they also said Vinny had Taeyang's dance skills, Daesung's voice when he sang, Seungri's cheeky personality, Jiyong's rapping, and TOP's intimidatingly good looks. We were supposed to do a photoshoot depicting us as each YG member, but with my car accident, it was postponed to next month.

I shook my head to ignore any negativity that was going on inside me, and turned my attention to my little cousin, who was holding my hand. "Tony, what do you want to do? It's your first day in South Korea, after all."

"Um... Can I just go to your house? I'm really tired, Natty." Tony yawned.

"You have to stay up until at least seven, buddy, so that way your sleep pattern won't be off here." Vinny told our cousin. "Let's take you to YG, okay? We can show you where we work."

"Is G-Dragon going to be there?" Tony asked.

Madeline nodded. "He should be."

"And Top?"

Vinny shrugged. "You never know. Let's go."

-----

"Hey, Tony!" G-Dragon greeted Antonio when we walked into the dance studio. He had been working on his solo.

Antonio smiled and ran to the leader, hugging him tightly. "I haven't seen you in forever, Dragon!"

"I know! I like this new look you got going for you." G-Dragon smirked, tapping the bill of Tony's hat.

Tony grimaced. "Teddy bought me this stuff..."

G-Dragon laughed and patted his head. The leader looked at me. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "I've been better." I didn't know why I felt so down.

"Hey, Nat." Shaun got my attention. I looked at him and he walked over to me. "YG told me you're gonna be a dancer for BIGBANG's concert."

I nodded. "He's demoting me since I've been self-centered."

Shaun sighed and shook his head. "Even though I don't think you need to go back to being a dancer, I had to agree. So, when your ribs heal, you need to practice. I'll let you decide who to partner with when those dances arise."

"Seungri." I said immediately. "Pair me with Seungri. If GD and Top do High High, put me with Jiyong."

"You sure? Are you and Top okay? I thought you were friends again."

"We are." I nodded. "Just... put me with Seungri."

"Alright." Shaun nodded. "I'm really sorry you have to do this, Natalia. I wish YG wouldn't be so extreme sometimes."

I shrugged. "He is the boss."

----

"Sorry we don't have another bedroom, buddy." Vinny apologized after we finished setting up Tony's maskeift bed on our couch.

Antonio yawned and shrugged. "I could sleep anywhere right now. Thank you."

"My room is to the right in the hall, and Natalia's is at the end of the hall. Just let us know if you need anything." Vinny continued.

"Goodnight, Tony." I yawned, hugging my cousin.

"Goodnight."

We walked to our rooms and both shut our doors. I changed into a pair of boyfriends sweats and an oversized t-shirt before crawling into my own bed.

I really hoped Tony would feel okay.

-

"Natalia." I heard my name whispered not even two hours after my head hit the pillow.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Tony at the edge of my king-sized bed, his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

I winced when I sat up. "What's up, Antonio? Everything okay?"

"I-I don't like sleeping in that room. It's uncomfortable."

"Really? That couch is pretty squishy." I pushed my hair back.

Tony sighed. "I'm scared, okay? This is a new place."

"Oh, Tony, there's nothing to be afraid of." I smiled weakly.

"Can I... can I sleep in here with you? I promise I'll be careful not to hurt your ribs."

I scooted over and lifted the corner of the covers. "Of course. Come on."

Tony hopped up onto the bed and got under the covers. I laid back down. "I know I'm seven, but sometimes I just like snuggling." Tony shut his eyes and smiled.

I laughed and draped my arm over my little cousin. "You can never be too old to snuggle, Tony."