Seventeen

We Can Make This Work

"Is that her?" I asked Vinny when I walked back into the living from my own room.

Vinny groaned from the couch, not moving an inch, his face in a pillow. "Too loud.... You answer it."

I scoffed. "You aren't even showered yet and the movie premiere is in less than two hours."

"Make the room stop spinning." Vinny mumbled.

"That's what you get for drinking over nine bottles of soju." I snickered, hurrying over to the door. I quickly opened the door and gasped.

Anika smirked. "I found this Italian outside so I thought she belonged to you."

I squealed and hugged Madeline tightly, pulling her into the apartment. Anika followed, lugging in Madeline's bags. "Oh my gosh you're here! How are you??"

Madeline laughed and hugged me back. "I'm good. I'm good. Really tired, but I have no time to sleep."

I let go of her and smirked. "You're going to be spending your first night in Korea with Bae, aren't you?"

Madeline blushed. "I don't know... probably." She giggled. "Where's Vin?"

"Nat, did your couch get lumpier?" Anika poked Vinny's back.

"That's Vinny." I sighed. "He's a little hungover."

"Why?" Madeline looked at her cousin.

"Don't." Vinny whined, not wanting me to say.

I did anyway. "Well I'm not sure, but I got a call from Minzy at one in the morning this morning saying Vinny had been pounding on her door an hour. So me and Top went over to get him. He just got back this morning. He stayed the night at 2NE1's dorm."

"So are you and Minzy okay again?" Madeline asked Vinny.

"More importantly, did you just say you and Tabi went over to get Vin?" Anika looked at me.

I nodded hating the fact that color rose to my face. "I did."

Madeline looked at me, her eyes wide. "Are you two back together?"

"What happened to maknae?" Anika asked next.

I sighed. "Top and I aren't back together and we aren't going to get back together. I finally don't have those feelings for him anymore." I glanced wearily at my twin, then back at the girls gawking at me. "We just-"

"They're -buddies," Vincent interrupted, sitting up slowly. He winced. "They've hooked up six times in the past week. Nat's stayed the night at his place three times this week."

"What?!?" Anika and Madeline both shrieked in unison.

I shrugged. "I don't know, okay? We're still attracted to each other. We know what works. We're both too busy for a relationship."

"That and Seungri got a little to cozy with a certain Japanese model while we were in Italy." Vinny groaned and walked slowly to the kitchen.

"Well what are you going to do about Seungri?" Madeline asked me.

For the first time in over a week, my heart ached. I shrugged. "I told him he had to work for me. He said he'd do anything. I told him good luck."

Anika shrugged. "When Seungri wants something, he fights for it. Does he know about you and Tabi?"

I scoffed and shook my head. "No. Nobody knows about that."

"Well this sounds like a conversation for a night we can all settle down." Madeline sighed. "Right now, I need to get you guys all ready." She looked back at Vinny. "Go shower. I'll get your outfit ready."

Vinny trudged to the bathroom, and i looked at my cousin. "So are you really serious about wanting to do styling instead of dancing for YG?" Madeline had always been interested in the behind-the-scenes that goes with being an idol. She loved the fashion coordinating, hair, and makeup.

Madeline nodded as she, Anika, and I walked to my room. "I've been learning from the stylists at YG Chicago and Lola said that she'd let me help out all this week, like an internship. She said that if I do well enough, she'll put in a  good word to YG to see if he can change my status from dancer to stylist."

"That's so awesome!" I smiled.

"So Lola gave me ideas for you all. It's my job to style you three tonight." Madeline explained. She looked at Anika. "For you, leather and red." She looked at me. "You and Vin are both doing a blue and black combination. I will, too. I guess I'm walking the red carpet to Top's movie with you guys tonight."

Madeline opened her various bags, taking out dry cleaning bags that had our clothes in them. She handed Anika a dry-cleaning bag, and then me. She set Vinny's bag in his room.

"So did you get these clothes from Lola?" I asked, stripping off my yoga pants and tank top. Anika opted to change in my walk-in closet.

Madeline nodded. "Kind of. I went to YG to meet her today and she took me to that huge room that is filled with clothes for everyone and let me pick." After I put the dress on, I turned around so Madeline could zip it up. "Wait a second." She said after zipping up my dress. She turned me around and looked at my neck. She gasped. "When was the last time you stayed at Top's?"

I felt my face heat up, so I looked at the floor. "Last night..."

"Are you serious?" Anika exclaimed, walking out of my closet.

Madeline sighed and shook her head. "Now I have to cover those freaking hickies on your neck. You looked like you were strangled."

Anika rose an eyebrow at me. "Were you?"

I scoffed, disgusted. "God, no, Anika!"

"Well I don't know!" Anika shrieked innocently. "I don't know what kind of freaky S&M you and Tabi are into."

"Uh, none of it?" I glared. "We aren't like that!"

"Can we please talk abot this later?" Madeline asked over me and Anika. "I need to get everyone ready. Anika, sit down."

Madeline began to work on each of us, Vinny coming into the room, dressed and ready as Madeline finished Anika's smokey red eye makeup. Anika stood and Madeline pointed at me. "Come on. I gotta straighten your hair."

I sat at the vanity, and Madeline started on my hair. I looked at her. "So what are you wearing tonight?"

"Blue skinny jeans, black blazer, and cutout oxford flats." She murmered, focused on my hair

Outfits:

"Why do you wear flats?" Anika asked, sitting next to Vinny on the edge of my bed.

"Youngbae." I answered for my cousin.

Madeline nodded. "I mean, you can't tell that I'm a little taller than him, but when I wear heels it's really noticeable. He told me I can wear whatever I want, but I choose flats."

"Well it doesn't help that your family consist of giants." Anika smirked.

It was silent as Madeline kept working on my hair, and Anika took this time to look at my brother. "Are you and Minzy back together, Vin?"

I looked at Vinny through my mirror. He shrugged. "Not really. I was really surprised to wake up on her couch with her. We talked, but she said she still needs time to think..." He sighed. "At least I know she still loves me."

"Right." I nodded. Madeline sprayed my hair with hairspray before going to my makeup.

"Sorry if I said anything mean to you and Top last night, Nat." Vinny apologized. "I don't remember anything."

I shrugged. "You're fine, Vin. You gave me a bloody nose, but it's fine."

Vinny looked at me. "I did?"

I nodded. "When I helped you up you passed out and your hard head hit my nose. That's how we got into 2NE1's dorm."

Anika looked at me. "You do realize you need to stop what you're doing with Top, right?"

I shrugged. "I see no problem in it."

"See no problem?" Anika scoffed. "There are a lot of problems, Natalia! You're playing him!"

"No I'm not!" I snapped back. "I don't have feelings for him anymore."

"Right. You don't. But have you ever thought about him?" Anika stood. "News flash: Seunghyun hasn't dated anyone since you've both broken up. He still flirts with you."

"He flirts with everyone." I rolled my eyes.

"Anika has a point, Nat." Vinny added. "He flirts with you differently. He acts around you differently. I told you he still likes you."

I frowned. "If he liked me, why wouldn't he tell me?"

"Because you blatantly told him you had no feelings for him. The guy doesn't want his ego trashed." Vinny continued.

Madeline interrupted him. "Guys, I know we need to talk about this, but right now we're running behind schedule," She tapped my arm. "You're done." She looked at her cousin. "Come on Vinny."

Vinny and I switched spots. I glared at Anika when I sat next to her.

She sent me the same icy stare. "Vin and I are keeping you on a short leash tonight at the premiere after party. You aren't going home with any Seunghyuns tonight. You need to get your straight."