Twenty-Eight

We Can Make This Work

Third Person POV

Vinny looked down at the plane tickets in his hand. He couldn't believe that he had created such a craze in Japan with his solo. In fact, YG was going to have him work on another song when he got to Japan. This was all so exciting, but a little scary. Promoting schedules and comebacks were fun when you were active with someone. On your own, it was intimidating. Especially since Korean wasn't his first language. How was he even supposed to try talking in Japanese? That was Natalia's strong point, not his.

That's why he grabbed another plane ticket for his sister. He had to celebrate this with her. He couldn't think of anyone better to go with.

Kevin dropped Vincent off at the appartment complex, and Vinny stepped into his appartment. It was only eleven at night, so Nat had to be up. This was going to put her in a better mood, he hoped.

"Hey, Nat," Vinny called into the appartment. No reply.

"Nat?" Vinny called again, stepping out of his shoes. He looked into the kitchen. All the dishes were done. No dirty ones were in the sink.

He stepped into the hall, and lightly opened the door, expecting to see his sister in her bed.

No one.

Vinny's heart quickened as he looked around her room. He opened her closet, and noticed a duffle bag was gone. Vincent ran to her dresser and saw her laptop wasn't there, either. No phone. No tablet. Nothing.

"Nat!" Vinny yelled through the appartment, but he knew it was useless.

Where was she?

He ran back out to the kitchen, and opened a drawer where they kept their-

Her passport was gone.

Vinny's heart sank. Where was his sister? Was something wrong?

He grabbed his phone, and dialed their manager's number. "Kevin, I came home and Natalia's not here. Where is she? I can't find her!" He said in a panic.

There was a pause on the other end, then Vincent heard Kevin sigh. "I just got off the phone with YG. He and Jiyong filled me in. I an only tell you that Natalia's okay."

Vinny let out a sneer. "What do you mean that's all you can tell me? She's my siste, my duo partner. I think I deserve to know where she is!"

"Just calm down, buddy, okay? I really can't tell you anything. Just know that your sister is safe."

Vincent was too angry to say anything. Instead, he simply hung up his phone and tossed it onto the counter. He shook his head. This was all his fault. If he had known there was really something wrong with Natalia... if he wouldn't have just focused on himself... he would actually know where the hell his sister was.

The next thing Vincent heard was a knock on the door. He ran to it, and opened it up.

His blood boiled when he saw Jiyong on the other side. He didn't even take notice that Jiyong looked physcially and mentally exhausted. His hair was disheveled and greasy, his eyes had dark circles under them, and he had a bit of stubble on his upper lip and chin.

Kevin's words rang in Vinny's head.

He and Jiyong filled me in.

Vinny's eyes narrowed. "You."

"I came to get some more clothes for Nat." Jiyong said grogilly.

"Where's my sister?" Vinny asked immediately.

Jiyong sighed. "She's okay. Just-"

"No." Vincent said again, and shut the door behind the leader. "I said: where is my sister?"

Jiyong looked up at the Italian. "Please, Vincent. All I can really say is that she's safe."

"No!" Vincent roared this time. Out of complete panic and rage, he grabbed Jiyong by his shoulders and slammed him against the wall. He kept one hand on Jiyong, the other curled into a fist, ready to strike. "Where is my sister? You have no right to know and I don't! Tell me!"

Jiyong flinched at the violence. "Calm down, okay?!? Please, just calm down and I'll tell you!"

"Tell me!" Vincent said, his grip tightening.

Jiyong bit his lip and looked at Vincent. Behind the anger, he looked hurt. His eyes were glassy with tears.

The BIGBANG leader finally sighed. "America. She's in America."

Vincent slowly let go of Jiyong.  Jiyong rubbed his sore shoulder as Vincent took a step back. "Why is my sister in America?"

"She needed to get away from here. Seoul is toxic to her right now. We can't tell anymore than that. Please, just know that she's okay."

"When is she coming back?" Vinny asked quietly.

Jiyong shrugged. "No one knows."

He didn't want to tell Natalia's twin that there was a chance she wasn't even coming back.