Eighteen

We Can Make This Work

"Here we go." Vinny sighed when we pulled up to the red carpet. It was hectic, with fans and paparrazzi crowding the red ropes that separated us from them.

"Remember, after the movie, we'll take you to a VIP room so you can have an interview about the movie with BIGBANG and 2NE1." Kevin reminded us. "You are all walking the red carpet after Lee Hi and Akdong Musician but before BIGBANG and 2NE1." He nodded us to the door. "Go."

Big Will and Anika's bodyguard got out of the SUV and opened the door for all of us. I stepped out first, the sound of screams and the sight of camera flashes numbing my senses. Vinny followed me, then Madeline and Anika.

Kevin, Anika's manager, Big Will, and Anika's bodyguard walked on either side of us as we made it to the line before the red carpet. Lee Hi and Akdong musician were both waiting, their own managers talking to them. Akdong Musician looked really nervous.

Lee Hi saw us first and greeted us.

I was the first to wave. "Are you guys excited?" I asked in Korean.

Both Chang hyuk and Soo Hyun looked nervous as Lee Hi nodded. "This is one of their first red carpet events so they're a little nervous."

I looked at the siblings. "You guys are going to be fine, okay? Hi will show you what to do. Don't worry, Vinny and I were both really nervous for our first event."

It was their turn, so as they walked out and glanced back, I held out my fist in a "fighting" pose.

We watched the trio get their picture taken, and I heard even louder screams of the fans in the area that was before the red carpet. I looked behind me and saw that BIGBANG had pulled up.

For some reason, my heart lept into my throat when I saw Seungri. He looked really good in a grey blazer and black pants.

Okay, I was stupid.

They walked over to us, and Anika was first to speak. "So, Youngbae, is this your first time seeing Madeline since she landed?"

I could tell by Youngbae's eyes that he really wanted to reach out and touch Madeline. He nodded. "Yep."

Madeline smiled, but I could tell she was itching to leap into his arms.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to meet Seungri's eyes looking at me or avert them. I cleared my throat and finally looked at him. He smiled softly, and casually made his way over. My skin heated up as soon as I felt his hand on my back. He leaned in. "You look really nice tonight."

I looked at him and nodded. "You do, too."

He smiled. "I'm not giving up, either." He removed his hand from my back and took a step back. "Can I buy you a drink at the after party?"

"Natalia, let's go." Kevin interrupted.

As he ushered us to get to the red carpet for pictures, all I could do was look back at Seungri and nod.

We walked onto the carpet, and the flashes started, as well as fan screams. We stopped and posed, at first none of us touching each other. Then, I put my hand on Vinny's shoulder, his arms went behind me and Madeline's backs, Madeline put both her arms around Vinny and Anika, and Anika posed with one arm around Madeline, the other on her hip like my free hand.

We kept taking pictures, eventually splitting up so Anika got some solo shots and we got a trio shot. 

We all got back together, and a PD handed us a group of microphones. "Please answer the question: Who invited you tonight?"

I handed the mic pack to Vinny so he could answer. He cleared his throat and spoke in Korean. "We came out tonight to support T-O-P and his new movie. We're all ver excited to see it." He looked at us, and we all held up our fists and said at the same time, "T-O-P fighting!"

We walked off the red carpet and into the venue. I turned to the group. "I'm going to stop in the bathroom."

"I'll go with." Anika told me.

"We'll just chll in the lobby." Vinny told us.

Anika and I headed to the restrooms, and once we were in, I took my mascara out of my clutch and leaned towards one of the mirrors.

"Seungri spoke to you." Anika noted as se took out her own lipstick.

I smiled and nodded. "That he did."

"You really think he isn't going to find out about you and Top?"

I shrugged. "No one knows. How could he find out?" I glanced at her. "Unless you told him."

Anika scoffed. "I may have known maknae longer, but as much as I hate to admit it, you and I are better friends. So no, I'm not telling Seungri about your little -scapades."

"I'm not a ." I groaned, popping the cap back on my mascara. "I'm only hooking up with Top and-"

"So you are hooking up with oppa." I jumped when I heard CL's voice.

I spun around and saw CL looking at both Anika and I. I groaned. "Okay, so now someone does know."

"But, why?" CL asked, stepping closer. "Do you and Top like each other again?"

I shook my head. "We don't."

"You don't." Anika corrected.

"Top still likes you?" CL asked me.

"It's not proven." I glared at Anika. "He and I are still good friends. If no one knows, I don't see why it's a big deal."

"It is a big deal because you're totally playing with Seu-"

I put my hand over Anika's mouth. "Enough."

"You're playing who?" CL asked again.

"Oh my God, Anika." I groaned, letting go of her. I grabbed my clutch and got out the door as quick as I could.

Anika followed me and grabbed my arm. I looked back at her, keeping my cold glare on her green eyes. She rolled them. "CL isn't going to tell anyone, Natalia."

"It was one thing that she knows TOP and I are hooking up. Were hooking up. It's another thing that she thinks I'm playing someone." I hissed.

"Alright, I don't know what's going on, but you ladies need to find your brother and cousin to go get your seats. It's almost time." Kevin interrupted us and put his fhand on my shoulder.

I shook out of Anika's grasped and hurried over to my brother and cousin. Vinny looked at us and fixed his hat. "You guys ready?"

I nodded and crossed my arms. I could sense Anika behind me.

We walked into the theater, Kevin, Big Will, and Anika's posse trailing behind.

I saw 2NE1 and BIGBANG sitting up at the center section, four spaces next to Seungri.

"Lead the way." Vinny nudged me forward.

"Alright, I will." I nodded. I walked up the steps confidently and turned down their row.

I simply took my spot next to Seungri without even glancing at him.

"So I get to buy you a drink and you're sitting net to me? Why am I so lucky tonight?" Seungri chuckled and elbowed my arm.

I smiled despite my heart aching and I looked at him. "I guess it's just your lucky day...." I sighed. "And, I'm sorry for treating you the way I did at YG."

"I deserved it." Seungri shrugged. "So does this mean we're back to normal?"

"Not quite, but we're getting there." I replied.

During this whole conversation, I ignored Anika and Vinny's disapproving stare.

-----

We all walked out of the room we were being interviewed in about TOP's movie. Jiyong was the first to face all of us. "So we're all going to the after party at Club A right?"

We all nodded except for Madeline. She shook her head. "Lola told me she'd give me more tips at YG. That's why I'm in Korea, anyway." She noticed Taeyang's sad eyes (he was wearing a mask to cover his mouth), so she nudged him. "I can just meet you at your guys' dorm later. You just need to tell me when you're there."

"Well, the rest of us are going." Vinny sighed and turned his hat so it was backwards. "What are we waiting for? Let's go celebrate Top's movie!"