Fifteen

We Can Make This Work

"You're home later than expected." Vinny noted when I finally walked through our apartment door.

I slid off my shoes, trying to calm my pounding heart. Like he had asked, TOP and I had hooked up in the back of his car just inside our parking garage. But Vinny didn't need to know that. "Y-yeah. Top wanted me to listen to his new song."

"Does his new song involve him ripping your leggings off?"

I scoffed and tightened my ponytail to seem casual. "Uh, no, why would you say that?"

"Nat." Vinny gave me an obvious look from the kitchen, a bowl of ramen in his hands. He nodded to me. "Your leggings are on backwards."

I quickly looked behind me. Sure enough, the word ADIDAS, which was supposed to be printed on the front of my leg, was on the back. "." I sighed.

Vinny chuckled. "No big deal. So I'm guessing your talk with Seungri didn't go well?"

I shrugged and walked to the hall. "He said he'd do anything for me."

"To which you replied..."

"Good luck." I snorted.

I quickly changed into a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt in my room, then walked back out to a waiting Vinny in the living room. He looked at me. "So let me get this straight." He set his bowl and chopsticks on the coffee table. "He pretty much begged for your forgiveness, to which ou simply say good luck?"

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. "Pretty much."

"Then you hooked up with TOP?"

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet. "Yep. Twice."

"Twice?!?" Vinny screeched.

I put some ramen from the pot on the stove into my bowl. "Yep."

"Oh my God, Nat." Vinny snorted. I sat down next to him. "So are you, like, done with Seungri?"

I shook my head and began to eat. "No. I'm just not going ot put my life on hold for him when I don't even trust the guy."

Vinny sighed and thought for a moment. "I... are you sure you should be hooking up with TOP?"

I shrugged. "I don't see why not. It's not like I'm going out and screwing anyone I can find. It's just top. And I know with him, it's just me. I'm not being a or anything." I set down my chopsticks. "Besides, I don't have any feelings for Top anymore. I figured that out today."

"Really?" Vinny asked me.

I nodded.

Vinny sighed. "Well, I'd say that if you want to go more in-depth with that stuff, talk to Anika. I don't really want to hear details."

"I will." I nodded. "I think she's doing something with Daesung, though, so I can't really talk to her tonight." I sighed and ate some more ramen. "I don't really want to talk about all of this right now, though." I looked at my brother. "What about you? How have you been?"

Vinny shrugged. "Some days are better than others. She's just... she's all I think about, Nat. I haven't seen her in over a week. How is that possible? I haven't even seen her at YG and we belong to the same company. Out of all the 2NE1 members, I've only seen CL. I don't know what to do, Natalia. I love her. I don't think I'll ever fall out of love with her. " His voice cracked at the last word. He groaned and set down his bowl. "God, dammit! I'm such a now!" He let out a defeated laugh and wiped the tears from his eyes. "She broke me apart..."

I set down my bowl, too. Vinny never cried. He looked so defenseless right now.

I reached out and touched his arm. "I know she did. This happens in relationships, okay? I'm sure Minzy will come back, Vincent. She has to. It's only been a couple of weeks. Couples take breaks."

"Then why didn't she say we were on a break, Nat? You know what else? CL told me they're working on a new song. I guess it's a sad song, too. Do you know how that makes me feel? I feel awful, Natalia."

"No you shouldn't," I immediately shook my head. "That's good! That means she's thinking of you! You're going to be fine, Vin. Everything will be okay."

Just then, my phone rang to Jiyong's Crooked. I picked up my iPhone and answered it. "What's up, half-pint?"

Anika snorted on the other end. "You wanna tell me why news sites are going crazy thinking you and Tabi are back together?"

"What? Seriously?" I grabbed my iPad.

"Yeah. What happened in Italy, Nat? Because it seems like something happened."

"Nothing happened... in Italy, that is."

"So something happened?"

I bit my lip when I saw the Soompi Article: NaTOP Rumored to Be an Item Again. "Yeah, but not what you think."

"So you two didn't have in the recording booth again?"

I winced. "Okay, so it is what you think." I gasped. "The article doesn't say that, does it?"

"Of course not! I just know you and Tabi." Anika snickered. "Anyway, we need to catch up. When do you wanna go shopping or something?"

I sighed. "I don't know. Me and Vinny need to work on another single aleady."

"Seriously? Didn't your guys' promotions for Break it Down just end, like, a month ago?"

"Two months ago." I corrected. "YG wants us to do a ballad this time." I thought for a moment. "Just meet us at the studio tomorrow and we'll talk."

"How's Vin, by the way?" Anika continued. "Everything okay?"

I looked at my sad brother. "Not really, but he's getting through it."

"Good. I'm nervous about you Marcs and your reactions to break ups. You didn't take your breakup with Tabi too well the second time around."

"I didn't take it too well the first time." I snorted. "But you weren't there for that." I yawned. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Neek. I need to spend some quality time with my brother. I'm thinking Lee Byung Hun marathon and ice cream."

"Aww, you're going to watch I Saw the Devil without me? I hate you."

I laughed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

We hung up, and I looked at my brother. "I know you hate sulking, but you need to get it out of your system. So, tonight, we're having a movie and ice cream night. It is the best way to mend a broken heart."

"Minzy would be the best way to mend my broken heart." Vinny pouted.

This was also true.