Chapter 4

The Wolf Boy

 

Sun shines through your curtain. You woke up rubbing your eyes. 'Was last night real? It seems so dreamy...' You fit into your bedroom slippers and walked out of your room. 
 
Lucky's storage case, food bowl, plate, jewellery box emptied, huge blanket gone, door was wide ajar.
 
You washed the dishes and the food bowl slowly because the sadness and pain is seeping into your eyes and memories.
 
"I guess, it did left me. The old and the new Lucky... Both..." 
 
"Ahhhh... *with a sigh* I hope for the best that the collar stays so that if anyone found that it is lost, it will be returned to me. I must stay positive that I will meet new Lucky again!" *Fist-clench with soapy gloves.*
 
 
You slowly made your way to your door to shut it close. When you saw a corner of Lucky's blanket by the door. Surprised by it, you trace the blanket so that you can retrieve it back to your house. You walked out tracing and a totally different scene that hits you like a baseball bat scored a home run at the back of your brain. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There was a boy.
Staring at you with large goggly brown eyes.
In Lucky's blanket.
Wearing Lucky's dog tag collar like a necklace.
Smiling!