Chapter 20

The Wolf Boy
As the scene begin to unfurl itself right in front of your fearful eyes. You can't leave Kyung Soo being burnt to death by a pair of crazy siblings.
 
"KYUNG SOO!!!"
 
You hurl your body right into the fire to grab hold of Kyung Soo in the flames.
Even if it means for you to die together, it will be better than living alone if he is gone.
 
There is a very swift movement from underneath the blankets.
You slid under as Kyung Soo underneath the blankets gave you an opening to join him in the flames.
Strange enough, the flames felt hot but it is not fire at all. It does not burn you when you came near. It does not burn the blanket or even hurt Kyung Soo a single bit.
Sure enough, your eyes did not play tricks on you. Under the blanket you saw a creature with limbs of a werewolf, not a wolf at all. Still wearing old Lucky's necklace. For sure it is Kyung Soo, as its gesture shows lovingly that it is him. He embraced you in his arms into a tight hug. He felt icy cold at first, then you felt his body slowly rising in temperature. He is transforming, even when it is full Moon, the power of the Moon, the curse, you just cannot fit the puzzle pieces together. You might persuade him to tell you more. Bit by bit, there is no movements left from Kyung Soo, but there is still a steady heartbeat in him. The hug relaxes and his arms went slack.
 
"Lauren, do it."
Kris was carrying Lauren in his arms to shield her from the flames, as far as Kris can see Lauren is out of her trance already. The curse from Kyung Soo and the aura from the full Moon is so powerful that it jolted his sister into a trance state. Because of his mum, he did not really had the chance to see personally and experience this kind of phenomenon. He used to make art and draw like Lauren when he was younger, his parents think that he is a mini Picasso as they could not make any sense out of his sketches. Till one day they heard him talking to the air and getting replies that only he could hear, his mum knew the medium genes has seeped into him. Looking at Lauren's gothic art pieces mostly about wolves, the full Moon, in bizarre shapes and gloomy colors, sometimes their mum hate them for being abnormal. She will tear up, burn, do whatever it takes to destroy the art so that no future evil will be drawn. Kris thinks Lauren is brave as she always defies their mum and still continues to doodle when she can. She is still in contact with the other dimension that warned her about the moon cycle and a cursed being. Different from Kris, he felt that the cursed being is extremely dangerous, so he had all his hunting supplies ready just in case the cursed being decides to charge at little Lauren, at least he came prepared to fend the creature off.
 
Now that Lauren is back, Kris handed her his shades so that she will not hurt her eyes as she walk towards the ball of flames. She took a handful of fairy dust from her sachet and sprinkle them over the blanket. The fairy dust extinguishes the fire from Kris's potion. When it is safe to get near, Lauren lifts the corner of the blanket.
 
"Oppa! It worked!" She beamed.
"Really!? We managed to slow the duration of his transformation!" Kris seems to be happy for Kyung Soo.
"Oppa if we do it right, we might defy the curse and make it go away! Haimoni (grandma) will be so happy for us!" Lauren chitty chattered. 
 
With Kris help, Lauren manage to peel away the blanket and saw you unharmed by the flames. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ms. _______, Haimoni says you are the chosen one. Thats why the flames can't hurt you." Lauren said as she pats softly on your cheeks.
"My potions have not been tested out personally or have been on trial before, as I simply followed Haimoni's spell book, I can see her watching over me while I prepared it and she is nodding and nagging as always." Kris said.
 
"Where is she? How could I thank her enough for helping Kyung Soo to manage his curse?" You asked.
"She is right beside you! Erm.... But you will not be able to see her. Oh! Wait..... (Kris paused for a few seconds) she said its alright, she will lead us to you if Kyung Soo's curse awakes in the next full Moon cycle again. Haimoni is happy for you and proud of us!" Kris high fived Lauren.
"We did her proud! The Wu clan will be astonished by our accomplishments." Lauren giggled.
 
Kyung Soo was lying unconscious on the cold ground, but he is not in werewolf form anymore. There lies the wolf boy again. 
Kris dressed him in his old pyjamas and piggy-backed Kyung Soo out of the forest. Lauren held your hand and comfort you that he will be fine. Haimoni says he is safe for now. 
 
When at home, Kris set Kyung Soo in the bath tub and put him in a bath. He got a small glass bottle of red and set it down in your palms.
"You will need to listen and follow what is told now, you promised before we set off right? Do not panic, in this bottle lies unicorn blood. You shall not question how is it obtained but the instructions is Kyung Soo has to be put in bath, not a hot one, just a tub of water, he will not be cold as he was under the potion's flames just now. Your task is to watch over him and drip drops of unicorn blood into the tub wherever you see scars on him. One scar one drop, do not over use it as it itself is hard to obtain. Roger?"
 
You nodded.
 
 
So the siblings left with many thanks and grateful bows from you. You sat down beside Kyung Soo who was in the tub and with shaking hands, dripped the amount of drops of the scars you counted the very first time you bathed Kyung Soo.
 
As the drop of red touches the water, it turned into pearl white instantly. Glittering into the water. After the drops are in the tub, you slowly notice his scars are healing and slowly he regains conscious in a dream state. You sat by him and held his hand till the morning Sun shines.
 
"Please wake up soon." You say a silent prayer.