Chapter 13

The Wolf Boy

 

It is time for lunch! 
So you have seen Kyung Soo waiting at level one of the mall. He waved at you excitedly hugging his backpack at his front fearing that passerby might snatch his belongings. Like a wolf protective trait.
 
"How did you manage to get up there!?" He looks at you in awe.
"You mean the other levels of the mall?"
"YEA!"
"Silly me! I have not taught you about escalators and lifts cause our house doesn't have it! See. That is an escalator which I came down with, there is one that brings you up to level two and one that brings you down to basement when you take it. Then lets take the lift! I will show you how."
The lift is transparent so that you can see the other shops in the mall when taking it.
While waiting to take the lift, there are lots of people in the mall today and Kyung Soo is just so fascinated by the power of the lift.
"_______ ah! The lift thingy have 2 old woman leaving in it and down comes 2 young ladies! It might turn us into babies!"
"Omg! Kyung Soo!" You just burst out laughing at him. It is time when you both take the lift. 
"Can I don't get in? I don't wanna be a baby!"he hugs you close. And leaned his chin on your shoulder with his eyes closed tight.
"See it is not that bad. We are getting to the 6th floor. Look! Look out of the glass Kyung Soo!" You patted his arm and he slowly opened his eyes. The lift which zoomed upwards slowly made Kyung Soo peered at the view with his whole face stuck to the glass surface of the window like a kid.
 
"We are here! Let's go Kyung Soo!" You pulled him with loads of strength till he finally detach himself from the surface. "Phew!"
"That was fun! Again. Again!" He went to queue for the lift.
"Nonono! Not now, later. When we are shopping around. Not now! You are hungry, lets grab some food first."
 
You have ordered stew for the both of you.
"Eeeeew, what's this.... No meat. Only tofuuuuuuu and green leaves..... Sprouts.... Beansssss and one egg." He pouted while stirring and stirring in his bowl reluctant to eat it. "Kyung Soo, it is healthy. The stew is delicious, try it with the noodles!" "You tried to spoon feed him but he just kept his mouth closed and stared at the spoon." 
He hugged you waist and whined. "_______ ahhhhhhhh"
He gave your hand a soft bite and you dropped with spoon and surrender. *sigh...* "You will have to finish your noodles and stew after this ok!" You gave him a stern look. He looked a bit remorseful. 
 
"Waiter! 1 set of grilled chicken wings!" 
"Comin' right up!"
 

After the lunch and the child like temperament of Kyung Soo, both of you stroll and wander around the mall.

 
Suddenly, a small little girl ran into Kyung Soo.
The impact hit her that the fell on the floor rubbing her forehead.
"Ouuuuuuch! Are you a stone!?" The little girl kicked Kyung Soo's shin when she got up. But Kyung Soo did not even feel a pinch of pain.
"Aren't you Lauren!?" You got stunned by her, the little girl has grew up. It has been 2 years since you have last saw Lauren. A Canadian-Korean mixed blooded girl whom you have taught art lessons last time. Her mum made her dropped the class after bad things had happened. 
 
"Miss _________!" She gave you a tight hug around your waist. You stoop down and talked to her. She whispered into your ear, "I kept on drawing and hid it from mummy. She burns my art papers whenever she finds it. She is mean... Anyway, is he your boyfriend? You should stay away from him."
 
"Haha. Yea he is my boyfriend. Why should I stay away from him? Because he bumped into you?" You gave her tummy tickles.
"Nooooo. It is because he is cursed."
You stopped your actions and looked at Lauren in shock.