Chapter 2

The Wolf Boy

 

[In the animal's POV]
She is so nice! Not like the others found in the wild that are scared of me, throwing stones and sticks at me during a full moon. Hurting me, pulling my tail and chasing me. She is so different from the others that I have seen in months. I must not lose her. She might be my mate! I think I am starting to have a liking for her. Must not lose her. MUST NOT LOSE HER!
 
In determination, the animal gave a howl to the beautiful full moon in excitement.
 
You were pedalling back home with happy feelings until you hear scrapping of nails by the road like something is following you.
 
You turned to look.
There it is! 
The animal is happily running behind your bike and following you. You slowed your pace and it ran by your side. It seems to be smiling. Its eyes are so round and glossy under the moonlight, its hypnotising. You gave it a shoo-shoo hand motion to tell it to return to the park and stop following you home. But it did not seem to stop. 
 
When you reach your apartment, it followed you. Up the stairs, it followed you. Till the 3rd storey rooftop lies your home sweet home. It is still here! Wagging its tail, panting and walking by your legs making its fur brushing against you.
 
"Haha. I guess you are naughty today. You wanna stay for the night?" It gave a small 'ruff!'. You ruffled its fur and let him in. 
 
You are staying alone at a rooftop house. Big enough to house Lucky in previously. The yard space is good for old Lucky to run around and have fun sunbathing in the sun. You have bought the rooftop house with your hard earned pay from the landlord lady. You have been staying in it for 5 years and moving seems to be a hassle so you made it your little home to call your own.
 
You rumbled through a few storage cases to find Lucky's old food bowl. Washed it and filled it with water and gave it to the animal. You grabbed some minced meat from the fridge and try to make a simple meat patty for its meal. It is Lucky's favourite previously. Tears start to well up in your eyes.