Chapter 1

The Wolf Boy

A head pops out of the bushes

 

 
Not just any head, nor a head of a human.
 
It will be a horror freak show if it happens.
 
Its a head of... you do not know how to describe it. A dog? But it does not look like one. When its body slowly emerge from the bush, its size is larger than a dog. Like a wolf.
 
You bit your lips tight in fear. Backing away yet you do not have the strength and courage to pounce onto your bike and pedal like a madwoman home. Time seems to take pace in an agonising slow motion. 
 
You thought, 'No. I shall not fear it. If it senses fear, it will attack me! Be strong,  I can conquer it.' You start to sit on your knees and be firm about your stand. You start to reach out your hand slowly to let the animal know that you come in peace. 
 
"Here wolfie wolfie. Come here for cuddles..." You went to get closer to it, trying to pet it like when you see a puppy. Smoothing out its fur on its head. It seems to like it. Panting and wagging its tail. Burying its face into your palm.
 
You were relieved. It likes getting pet like a puppy! It starts to roll over on its back. So you gave its tummy a good rub like how you used to give your old golden retriever one. But sadly your old pet died of age so it kind of brings back the memories when you had your dog, Lucky. 
 
"Its about time. I have to head home." You told the animal with a pout. "It is nice to see you here. Hope that you will be here again when I travel to the park the next time." As you raise up from your knees, the animal could sense that you are leaving it. It start to panic and whine in sadness. Looking down to the ground anxiously and rounding about in circles.
 
But you are leaving on your bike already.