Amnesia [Part 01]

I'm Your Man

 

“Seungie, can you please don’t go? Jebal?

Hyun Seung let out a small sigh as he wrapped one arm across the petite girl’s shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Resting his chin on top of her left shoulder, he murmured softly into her ear.

“Seung Yeonnie, you do know that I have no other choice. My mum needs me back in America. You know I would gladly stay here with you if I could.”

“Ah, mollayo,” Seung Yeon said frustratedly and pulled away from him instantly. “You don’t even know if you’re going to ever return to Seoul. This is as good as a permanent break up Jang Hyun Seung.”

Hyun Seung could’ve sworn his heart stopped beating as soon as the words were out of . Both his hands dropped to his sides dejectedly as he shot her a despair look.

“Yeonnie, don’t say that.”

“Then what do you want me to say?” Seung Yeon cried out desperately. “That I’m happy for you to go? That this separation doesn’t bother me one bit? That I’m supposed to act as if this whole thing won’t affect me just so your mind can be at ease over there?”

He threw her arms around her before she could even finish her last sentence and hugged her tightly. Despite the hits of protests she was giving him, he still continued to hold her firmly without yielding. Even though she was throwing punch after punch on his chest, his shoulders, the whole upper part of his body; Hyun Seung still wouldn’t let her go. He didn’t want to let go ever.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered softly as he placed his chin on top of her head. “I’m so sorry that I have to leave you. But please don’t ever ask me to let you go.”

“What do you expect me to do Seungie?” Seung Yeon was close to tears now and she gave up hitting Hyun Seung who had no intention of budging away. “You can’t leave me here alone, hanging.”

Hajima,” he said quietly, kissing her tenderly on top of her head. “Forgive me Seung Yeon.”

 

“Seung Yeon! A drink for you?” the bartender yelled over the club’s loud music as he reached out his hand to give the DJ her drink. She took it from him happily and gave him a grateful smile.

Gomawo!” she shouted back. “Are you having fun Taecyeon-ssi?”

He let out a soft chuckle which was inaudible to her ears but she grinned when she saw him smiling nevertheless.

“You’re the one who’s having so much fun Seung Yeon,” he told her teasingly. At her eager nod, Taecyeon just shook his head amusingly and gave her a thumb up.

“Keep up the good job DJ Seung Yeon! I’ll be over at the bar. Just signal to me if you need anything else okay?”

She gave him the ‘okay’ sign and continued back to adjusting her music station. Turning up the volume to a full blast, she started to dance along with the other patrons in the club.

As Taecyeon started to make his way back towards behind the bar, he noticed something peculiar from the corner of his eye.

Sitting there by himself on one of the black stools, a handsome young man around his mid-twenties was starting on his second glass of flavoured drink while his eyes wandered around the packed dance floor intriguingly.

But when Taecyeon took another closer look at him, he realised that the lone guy wasn’t just looking around casually.

He was actually in fact staring at something, or rather someone in particular.

Following his gaze curiously, Taecyeon eyes rested on Seung Yeon’s hyped up figure by the DJ’s corner. The girl, who was usually oblivious to everything around her, certainly didn’t notice that she had attracted someone’s attention.

Taecyeon frowned disapprovingly as the guy continued to watch Seung Yeon interestedly without blinking his eyes.

He didn’t know who the man was, but he didn’t like him already.

 

“Seung Yeonnie...” he called out, a little tentatively as he approached the DJ stand where she was completely absorbed in her own world. His heart started to pound faster as she took off her earphones and she smiled at him.

She was smiling at him.

There was no trace of anger written on her face; like when he had left her behind three years ago.

The excitement started to build up inside of him and a giddy smile slowly crept up on his face as he took another closer step towards her. This...was the moment he had been anticipating ever since he returned back to Seoul the other day.

But then, just as fast, she took him completely by surprise.

“Can I help you?”

And instantly, the glass that he was clutching onto, dropped to the floor with a loud crash.

 

So, I'm curious. Which triangle are you guys looking forward to actually? :)