Broken Promise [Part o6]

I'm Your Man

 

Her eyes wandered around the deserted park wildly. She stopped walking for awhile and placed her two hands on her hips as she tried to catch her breath. She had rushed over immediately when he had called her up a few minutes ago, asking her to meet him at the park nearby her house.

Truthfully, she was anxious and hopeful at the same time. It’s been two weeks since she had last seen Junho and that was by far the longest period of time they had gone by without seeing each other – well except for when he was overseas.

Soo Young didn’t exactly know what was going on. After that night at her house, he had given her a cold, stiff hug before excusing himself with being tired as the reason. Soo Young let him leave because she understood. He had just returned and he was probably still jet-lagged.

Even when three days passed by without a single phone call from him, she still understood.

But when she led it on until a week long, she started to feel restless. It wasn’t like Junho to just disappear without a word.

There must be something bothering him.

She tried calling him, leaving him endless texts too. For the first few attempts, there wasn’t a single reply from him.

She eventually gave up trying, and hopes that miraculously, he would come by.

And then, when he finally did, Soo Young dropped everything at once and practically ran all the way from her house to the park.

She had missed Junho so much and she couldn’t wait to see him again with her own two eyes.

Her gaze finally landed on a familiar figure, with its back facing her. She recognised him anyway.

She started to approach him with full of anticipation.

When she finally reached him, she set herself down on the bench quietly beside him and cleared .

“Junho...” she called out to him softly.

The corner of his lips lifted up into a small smile without even turning to look at her.

“Did I interrupt you from something by asking you out?”

Soo Young shook her head quickly.

“No, you didn’t.” She paused for a moment. “Junho...are you okay?”

She noticed him clasping his hands together as he kept his gaze fixed on the ground.

“Soo Young-ah, can I ask you something?”

Her heart started to race nervously all of a sudden. Why was he using that kind of tone with her?

Why wouldn’t he look at her?

He didn’t even wait for her answer.

“How have you been while I was away? Be honest with me Soo Young.”

She furrowed her two eyebrows together in confusion. Where was he going with this?

“I was...fine Junho. Why are you asking me this?” she asked him skeptically.

“Did you miss me at all?”

“Of course I did!”

“Did you think of me?”

Every single day. Junho, what’s going on?”

“I love you Soo Young,” he said hoarsely, trying to fight back his own tears. “I love you.”

She was dumbfounded. She didn’t know why he was crying but she knew what she had to do. Pulling him in close for a hug, Soo Young his back tenderly as she tried to calm him down.

“I love you too,” she said in a soothing voice. “What is going on Junho? Is something bothering you?”

“I don’t know,” he replied sadly. She could feel his tears staining her white blouse. “I just know that...I don’t want to ever lose you.”

 

Three days ago

“I overheard your conversation with Soo Young the other day.”

He didn’t even bat an eyelash. Not even a trace of guilt could be seen on his face. He just challenged Junho’s stare with his own, towering him with his tall height.

“I’m not going to bother deny it because it’s true. I love Soo Young too Junho.”

Junho shook his head in disbelief.

“You do know the situation here right? You are aware that Soo Young...is my girlfriend.”

“I know. But that doesn’t mean, she loves only you. That doesn’t give you the right to be the only man in her heart,” Dong Woon replied calmly.

“Why are you doing this?” Junho raised his voice. “Don’t you know how to respect boundaries? There are many other girls out there. Why must it be Soo Young?”

Dong Woon chuckled softly.

“Love knows no boundaries Junho. I’ll do anything, whatever it takes to make Soo Young mine. Especially, after we shared that particular kiss...”

His words had angered him enough. He was flared up enough to punch the daylights out of the guy but Junho held himself back. He was still sane enough to know the trouble he would get into. Dong Woon wasn’t worth it.

“I’m not going to believe anything that comes out of your filthy mouth,” he spat. “Listen here, as long as I’m still around, there’s no way you’re going to get her.”

He turned around and was about to walk away when he heard Dong Woon speaking up again.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself? Why don’t you ask her, if it’s true she doesn’t have any feelings for me? Listen to her answer.”

Junho forced himself not to look back. He refused to believe anything that Dong Woon has told him.

Soo Young wouldn’t do that to him.

She wouldn’t.

 

A/N Lol, it seems like with each update, I'm losing subscribers instead. But whatever, I can't please everybody can I? :)

Anw, you guys can follow me at Twitter - it's for my fanfic-related stuffs ^^