Going Crazy [Part o4]

I'm Your Man

Hara had hurried over to the hospital as soon as she received the call from Junhyung. He sounded fine over the phone, but she won’t feel at ease until she sees him with her own eyes.

 

Pushing open the heavy glass doors, her eyes started searching around the bustling room wildly as she quickened her pace. She dug her hand into her purse, ready to give Junhyung another call, when she saw a familiar figure hunched over near the seats at the far end of the room.

 

“Junhyung!” she called out his name loudly, not caring if people around her were shooting curious stares. “Junnie!”

 

Hearing his name being called, Junhyung jerked up in response and he started to stand up slowly. The second Hara reached him, she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

 

“I was so scared!” she breathed into his ear. “I tried calling you, but you weren’t picking up and then suddenly you called me saying you had gotten into an accident and I thought I’d lose – “

 

“Hara,” he stopped her softly. “It’s fine. I’m fine. See, I can move, right?”

 

As if trying to prove his point, Junhyung pulled away from her and wriggled his hand and shook his legs. Hara tried to laugh, but it only came out as a choking and she hit him on the arm hard.

 

“It’s not funny. I seriously thought something bad had happened to you.”

 

Junhyung patted her head lightly. “There, there you don’t have to worry anymore. I just have a few cuts and bruises, that’s all. Nothing a man like me can’t handle. I was lucky though - the driver managed to swerve away in time and I ended up hitting the side of the road instead.”

 

Hara bit her bottom lip guiltily. She couldn’t help feeling that this was all her fault. That he could’ve been killed because of her.

 

“I’m sorry,” she muttered, not daring to look at him in the eyes.

 

Junhyung’s brows furrowed in confusion. “What are you sorry for?”

 

“For involving you. Maybe…maybe it’s better if you stay away from me after this. I-I shouldn’t have come,” she turned around, ready to leave. “I’m sorry – “

 

“Wait.” Junhyung grabbed her wrist before she could take a step. “What are you talking about? How is this even your fault? And why should I stay away from you?” he demanded.

 

Hara didn’t know if she should tell him the truth. She didn’t want to worry him even more, and possibly get him into more trouble – but she also knew that Junhyung won’t just leave it at that.

 

“Chansung,” she said simply. “It was him. I know it.

 

~

 

She promised him.

 

She had promised him that she wouldn’t leave.

 

She had convinced him that he was the only one for her.

 

But after he had truly believed in her, she had to crash it all for him. She had to shatter every single one of his hopes and dreams.

 

He had loved her so earnestly, and this was what she did to him.

 

So this is all her fault – everything that is coming for her, she deserves it. She was the one who had dragged him down and made him crazy in love with her. Made him yearn for her. Made his heart ache for her.

 

Made him unable to live without her.