Going Crazy [Part 02]

I'm Your Man

 

“Don’t even think about it.”

She tightened her clutch on the phone which was still pressed against her ear, causing her knuckles to turn white with fear. She inhaled and breathed out deeply, aware of Jun Hyung’s frantic voice on the other end of the receiver but there was nothing that she could do.

She couldn’t even move her lips to utter a single cry of help.

God damn it Hara,” Jun Hyung cussed angrily. “I’m going over to your place now.”

Then she heard a click sound. Jun Hyung had hung up on her.

She was really alone now.

“Good girl,” she heard him murmuring softly into her right ear from behind. Hara shut her eyes close, desperately wishing for the psychopath to leave her alone immediately.

She could feel his hot, sickening breath lingering on her skin. He was too close for comfort now.

She waited for a few more minutes. She waited for something to happen, anything. She prepared herself to fight against him.

But just like the passing wind, as sudden as he had come, he was quick to leave too.

After what it seemed like forever, Hara couldn’t feel his presence behind her any longer. She mentally counted from one to ten, with her eyes still closed.

On the last note, she peeled open her eyes slowly and guardedly. Taking a deep breath, she started to turn around carefully, praying that she wouldn’t see him standing there any longer.

And, he wasn’t.

Without wasting a second more, she quickly ran into the building and flew up the stairs to her apartment.

 

“Hwang Chan Sung?” Jun Hyung eyebrows furrowed together as he tried to picture the image of the guy in his mind. “Wait. Wasn’t he in our class last semester? But I don’t remember seeing him in school anymore nowadays...”

Hara nodded solemnly, on her thumb as she did so. She drew her two knees closer to her chest while Jun Hyung crossed his legs together on the sofa in front of her.

“He was expelled due to some unknown reasons,” Hara filled him in. “The last time I saw him was during our last day of exams. Well, until just now anyway.”

“Are you sure it was him?”

Again, her head bobbed up and down in confirmation.

“But why would he be after you? What does he want from you?” Jun Hyung asked in confusion.

At this, Hara bit her bottom lip hard and averted her eyes away from Jun Hyung’s gaze.

Yah,” he nudged her lightly with his left foot. “Pali, tell me.”

“I used to date him for awhile back then,” Hara let out a soft sigh, knowing that she didn’t have any other choice but to let Jun Hyung in on the secret relationship which she had been keeping under the wraps for so long.

Mwoh?!” as expected, he exclaimed in disbelief and leaned forward in his seat. “Yah! You’re kidding right?”

This time, Hara shook her head sadly.

Jinjja?” Jun Hyung’s eyes widened in surprised. “But how come I didn’t know anything about this?”

It was just for a short while,” she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “I didn’t think it was necessary for you to know. And anyway, I wasn’t that serious back then.”

Jun Hyung snapped his fingers when realisation finally hits him.

“He still loves you up until today. And now, that love has turned into obsession. Am I right?”

Hara buried her face into her two palms and groaned regretfully.

“Ugh, don’t remind me. Please, it’s already bad as it is.” Lifting up her head, she stared back at her best friend with much desperation in her eyes.

“Junnie-yah, what am I going to do now?”