Make You Love Me [Part o3]

I'm Your Man

 

Wooyoung was running late in picking up Jieun for their date that night. The latter had called him the day before and asked him out – saying that she has something important that she wants to tell him.

 

Of course Wooyoung wouldn’t pass up any chance of seeing her. Especially when she, herself had invited him out.

 

He had chosen his favourite red-and-white checkered long-sleeved blouse, and matched it with a pair of faded jeans. After putting on his wrist watch, he sprayed some cologne onto himself and checked his reflection for the last time on the mirror.

 

Satisfied with his appearance, Wooyoung grabbed the car keys from the dresser table and remembered to switch off the lights as he left the room.

 

But the second he stepped out, he jumped back startled when his step-brother, Yoseob, suddenly appeared before him with a murderous look on his face.

 

Yah!” Wooyoung placed a hand on his chest. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Where are you going?” the other guy asked him in a low voice.

 

Wooyoung studied him up and down carefully, debating with himself if he should tell Yoseob the truth. He knew things would get uglier between them, but then it isn’t always he gets to rub it in his younger brother’s face.

 

“I’m going out with Jieun,” he replied with a smirk. “Are you going to stop me?”

 

He saw how Yoseob’s fists were already balled up by his side, knuckles turning white as he tried to keep his breathing and voice under control.

 

“Look,” Wooyoung said. “I’m kind of late now. Can we just settle this later? We need to talk anyway.”

 

When Yoseob didn’t say a word of protest, Wooyoung simply side-stepped him and hurried down the stairs. He casted one last look behind at the enraged guy and in the back of his mind, he seriously hoped that blood and broken teeth won’t be involved in their ‘talk’ later.

 

~

 

“That necklace seriously looks nice on you,” Wooyoung commented while they were both waiting for their food.

 

Jieun’s lips curled up into a pleasant smile as she the piece of silver jewellery around her neck.

 

“I love it,” she said genuinely. “Thank you.”

 

“No problem,” he waved the matter away with his hand and leaned forward in his seat. “So, what is you wanted to tell me?”

 

He could see the blush creeping up her cheek as she dropped her gaze down on the table. Jieun picked up the fork next to her empty and started twirling it.

 

Oppa...” she began. “We’ve known each other for quite awhile now, right?”

 

Wooyoung nodded. “Yeah.”

 

“And throughout all these time that I’ve known you, why don’t I see you going out with any girl? Aren’t you interested in dating?”

 

He gulped hard, not knowing how to answer her question without it sounding awkward or giving himself away. He knew that he should just confess his feelings for her already, but he’s still unsure about how she feels about him.

 

He laughed nervously. “Uh, it’s not that, Jieun-yah...but it’s just that – “

 

“Do you have someone in mind already?”

 

Wooyoung clasped his hands together and averted his gaze away. “I-I do.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Uh...actually Jieun, there’s something that you should know...”

 

his lips nervously, Wooyoung settled his gaze on her beautiful, youthful face once again. She was looking at him expectantly, urging him on silently with her eyes. Wooyoung could tell there was something that she was hiding, but she seems to be waiting for him to say it out first.

 

“I-I like you!” he blurted out without a second thought. Realising what he had done, Wooyoung shut his eyes closed and mentally slapped himself. That wasn’t how he had planned on confessing to her.

 

“I’m sorry Jieun...but I’ve been keeping this to myself for quite awhile now. But now...I think it’s time for me to you know...well, uh is there anything you want to tell me?” he asked desperately, just wanting to disappear out of there for the moment. He wasn’t really afraid about letting his feelings know, but the way the truth had come out – and if she didn’t returned his feelings, he’s afraid that their friendship would be affected.

 

He didn’t want to lose her just like that.

 

But to his surprise, Jieun broke into a huge grin and she seemed happier than was minutes ago.

 

“Thanks, oppa. That’s all I wanted to hear.”

 

“W-wait. What does that mean? Do you like me too? Jieun – “

 

But he was interrupted when the earlier waiter approached their table with the food in hand. Jieun just shrugged her shoulders in a teasing manner and pretended to be interested in the dishes that were being laid down in front of them.

 

Wooyoung sighed to himself.

 

But at the same time, seeing her smile – he couldn’t help smiling too.

 

He could feel the beginning of something beautiful.