AMNESIA - Part o4

I'm Your Man

 

It’s been the hardest period of her life without him. After he left, nothing she did or try to do seem right. She felt restless, anxious, lonely, angry, betrayed even.

 

She knew that it wasn’t his fault but her broken heart just needed someone to blame. She had gathered all the little gifts he had given her – from letters to dried flowers to stuffed toys and dumped them all into one big box, before pushing it all the way back of the storeroom.

 

And she never took a peek inside after that.

 

~

 

It was on that unfortunate day, when she decided to drop by the cafe where she had met him for the first time. As much as it pained her, she had worn the exact same outfit she had worn when he had seen her for the first time – denim jumpers and a thin piece of white shirt.

 

It made her feel like a kid – but she loves it all the same.

 

And she knows, he does too.

 

~

 

She was already halfway there when it started raining heavily. With no umbrella or jacket to shelter herself, she had to hurriedly jostle her way through just to get to the other side of town.

 

Perhaps it was because of the rain. Perhaps it was because she was nervous. Perhaps it was because she was excited. Perhaps it was because, she didn’t know what to expect.

 

Or just perhaps, she had been simply impatient.

 

Without bothering to cast another look at the on-coming vehicles and taking for granted that it was safe for her to cross the road, she mindlessly tuck her foot out.

 

And after that day, not only had she lost him...

 

She had also lost every single memory she has of him.

 

~

 

It took her about half a year to recover. Not regain back her memories, but recover from her visible injuries. During her resting period, she discovered that she had been staying with a house-mate (who is also her best friend), she had been taking up music major in a university (but decided to drop out after the accident) and that she has no other interests except for music.

 

Wanting to get herself a fresh start, she had approached the club owner for a job offered as a club DJ. She nearly didn’t get it, seeing how they had been sceptical about a female fitting into the position – but then this nice, young man had came by and asked her for a few spins.

 

She didn’t know where she had gotten the confidence from, but somehow she managed to pull through and they decided to hire her on the spot.

 

She remembers bowing down gratefully at them, with the promise that she would work hard. She also remembers giving the tall, burly guy a thumb up sign for helping her out. He, had given her a crooked grin in return and mouthed the words ‘ Good Luck.’

 

It was also because of him that she decided to prolong her job there, when initially she just wanted it to be a temporary job while she searched for

others.

 

It was because of him, that she managed to find the new life she’s been wishing for.

 

It was because of him, that she didn’t bother trying to remember the man who was once important in her life.

 

It was because of Ok Taecyeon, that Han Seung Yeon doesn’t try remembering her prince charming, Jang Hyun Seung.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

what a fcukin long hiatus 

i'm so sorry guise :(