VIRUS [Part o7]

I'm Your Man

 

“So, do you like horror movies, Jiyoungie?” Nichkhun asked as he paid for their tickets that night. “Thank you.” He said, smiling at the staff.

 

Jiyoung took a sip of her Coke as she thought about it for a moment.

 

“I won’t exactly say I’m a huge fan, but I like them just fine.”

 

Nichkhun’s smile grew wider. “You’re afraid.”

 

“No, I’m not!” she protested, lips forming a full pout. “I just...hate the scary sound effects.”

 

Hearing that, he casually slung one arm across her shoulder and pulled her close. “Well, now’s the perfect time for you to overcome your fears. Come on, it’ll be fun.”

 

Jiyoung scrunched up her nose as she took another sip of her drink.

 

Which part of scary movies is fun exactly?

 

~

 

Jiyoung shut her eyes closed tightly, refusing to open them up even when Nichkhun poked her in the side lightly.

 

Leaning in close, he whispered, “Jiyoungie, you’re missing out on all the best parts.”

 

Just then, a loud booming sound surrounded the dark theatre, surprising every single one of the audience – and Jiyoung included.

 

Her hands immediately flew up to cover both of her ears.

 

“I really hate these sounds,” she muttered.

 

Beside her, Nichkhun chuckled amusingly at his wife’s reaction. Leaning back, he carefully draped one arm across her seat’s headrest and made himself comfortable.

 

“You know, you’re always welcome to hide – “

 

Before he could even finish, Jiyoung had already snuggled up to him and buried her face in his chest, with hands still pressed against her ears.

 

Nichkhun shook his head and laughed silently inside.

 

It’s nice to finally know something about the girl he has married.

 

~

 

“No more horror movies after this?” he asked her as they walked out of the theatre, hand in hand.

 

Jiyoung looked up at him and smiled meekly. “It’s fine, I know you like them. We can still watch – “

 

Nah,” he cuts her off with a smile. “I don’t want you to use this as an excuse to run away from me one day.”

 

“Nichkhun...” she said, startled by what he had just told her. “I-I didn’t – “

 

Nichkhun let out a hearty laugh. “I was just kidding, Jiyoung-ah. Don’t worry. But...you’re not going to run away, are you?”

 

Jiyoung her lips uncertainly. She didn’t quite know how to answer his question. Part of her has grown accustomed to his presence, but there was still another part of her that says – she still loves Gi Kwang, even though she’s been avoiding him lately.

 

She opened , just about to say something else, when something caught her attention from the corner of her eye.

 

Or rather, someone.

 

“Uh...can I meet you somewhere later? I need to go to the toilet now.”

 

Nichkhun frowned slightly. “We can just go together and I’ll wait – “

 

“No!” she cuts him off abruptly, much to his suspicions. “I mean, it’ll just be for awhile and I won’t take long. I’ll meet you at the car later, okay?”

 

“Okay...” he started to say, but Jiyoung had slipped her hand out of his grasp and was already running off, without even casting another look behind.

 

He just watched her go curiously.

 

She was definitely hiding something.

 

~

 

“What are you doing here?” she hissed at him angrily the moment she pulled him behind one of those tall pillars. “Are you spying on me?”

 

Gi Kwang gripped on to her two hands tightly and showed her a sad expression.

 

“I’ve missed you, Jiyoungie. You weren’t picking up my calls, and you totally ignored my messages. I had no choice but to follow you from home – “

 

“Are you crazy?” she retorted. “What if he sees you? Why are you doing this?”

 

“So what?” he shot back defiantly. “He has no right to stop me from seeing you.”

 

“Yes, he does! He’s my husband!”

 

“That hasn’t stopped you before!”

 

Jiyoung’s mouth hung open slightly, eyes staring at him with much confusion. He was right. That didn’t stop her before.

 

So why now? Why the sudden change now?

 

“Why are you quiet?” Gi Kwang challenged her. “I’m right, aren’t I? You’re starting to have feelings for him.”

 

She released her hands uncomfortably, much to Gi Kwang’s annoyance.

 

“You need to stop doing this,” was all she said as she tore her gaze away. “Stop calling me, stop texting me, stop following me and stop finding me.”

 

“Jiyoungie!” Gi Kwang gasped in disbelief.

 

“Just...stop, Gi Kwang.”

 

And with that, she her heels and stormed away quickly before he could say anything else that might change her mind.

 

That might change her heart about possibly loving Nichkhun.