Going Crazy - Part o3

I'm Your Man

 

 

“Hello?”

Again, that low raspy breathings greeted her. Hara gripped on to her phone tightly. She was going to have to remember blocking unknown numbers right after this.

“What do you want?” she whispered in a shaky voice. No reply. She let out a frustrated sigh.

“What do you want Chan Sung?” she repeated in a clearer, stronger voice. If she wants to fight him, she’d have to be braver in confronting him. “I know it’s you. And you have to stop doing things. There’s nothing going on between us anymore. Leave me alone.”

She heard him chuckling tauntingly at the other end of the receiver.

“You’re smart. That’s one of the many things that I totally love about you.”

“Seriously, if you’re not going to stop this now...I’m calling the police,” Hara raised her voice angrily, anger taking over her fear now. Why should she be giving in to his insanity all the time? Enough is enough.

“Hmm? Maybe you can stop being selfish for awhile now and stop thinking about yourself. Spare a thought for others...” Chan Sung replied calmly, too calm for her liking. “I wonder what your best friend is up to right now...”

Friend...?

What was he talking about?

A sudden, disturbing thought struck her mind suddenly.

Jun Hyung!

Without wasting a second more, she yanked the phone off her ear without bothering to end the call and broke into a sprint.

She has to find Jun Hyung fast and make sure that he’s safe.

 

Jun Hyung strode lazily over towards where his car was parked and unlocked the doors a few metres away from it. Throwing open the driver’s side-door, he slid inside and settled himself down on the comfy seat.

He reached over to close the door when he heard his phone ringing on the passenger seat next to him.

He glanced down at it without any interest and saw Hara’s name flashing on the screen. His eyes shifted over towards the rear-view mirror. She was going to have to wait. He didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now.

As he pulled away from the parking slot, his thoughts recalled back Hara’s words from a few days earlier.

She had dated Chan Sung, the weird creepy boy that everyone had tried their best to avoid? What the hell was she thinking?

But that wasn’t the worst part.

No. The fact that she had kept it hidden from him hurt him deeply. They were supposed to best of friends. He had always been there for her. He was constantly keeping a look out for her.

He cares for her deeply...perhaps more than what two platonic friends should be feeling.

In the midst of his cluttered thoughts, Jun Hyung noticed the light turning red when he was about a few metres away. He stepped on the brakes to stop his car right behind a black Jeep but...nothing happened.

He wasn’t slowing down and in fact, his speed meter seemed to be increasing.

Jun Hyung continued to stamp on the brakes frantically as he got closer to the Jeep. His eyes widened in horror when he realised that he was going to crash onto it any second now.

He brought up both of his arms in front of his face, shielding himself from the oncoming impact. Shutting his eyes closed tightly, Jun Hyung prayed silently that he would be able to somehow miraculously survive this.