Like A Fiction Movie [Part o6]

I'm Your Man

 

Two figures sat on the leather couch side-by-side, watching the television show which was currently airing in silence. Every few minutes or so, the male would steal glances to his partner, but his female companion appeared to be...lost
 
 
She was there with him, that he could tell - but it was like her soul was elsewhere, very far away.
 
 
Doo Joon cleared his throat loudly.
 
 
"Cole-ah."
 
 
No response.
 
 
"Nicole," he tried again, this time in a louder voice.
 
 
He saw her flinching at the sound of his voice, before slowly turning to face him.
 
 
"Yeah?"
 
 
Doo Joon studied her face carefully for a brief moment. 
 
 
"Are you okay?"
 
 
She gave him a smile, one which was clearly forced and probably pained her when it shouldn't. "Of course I am."
 
 
"D - " He stopped short when she stared back at him with unblinking eyes. 
 
 
Don't lie, he wanted to say. But somehow, he felt as though it wasn't in his place to ask that of her. Even if she wanted to lie to him for a thousandth times, he couldn't exactly demand for the truth from her.
 
 
He, himself, hasn't completely been honest with her.
 
 
So, instead he asked, "Do you want to go somewhere?"
 
 
He watched her while she chewed on her fingernail as she thought about it. After a moment, she broke into a very, small smile, which seemed much more genuine than the one earlier and nodded her head.
 
 
"There is."
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
"Boxing?"
 
 
Doo Joon's eyes widened as soon as Nicole pushed open the huge white doors, revealing the empty interior of a boxing arena. 
 
 
She clasped her hands together as she took a step inside the room and then spreading her arms wide open.
 
 
"Yes. Come on, we should get started."
 
 
"W-wait, hold on," he grabbed hold of her wrist before she could even take a step forward. "Why are we here?"
 
 
Nicole chuckled. "Silly you. To fight, of course."
 
 
Like it was the most normal thing to do in the world.
 
 
Doo Joon laughed nervously. "You? Fight?"
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
He stared back at her skeptically. Not a single trace of humor or even a mischievous glint.
 
 
The girl was dead serious.
 
 
He was almost afraid to ask, but he did anyway. "With who?"
 
 
"Why, Yoon Doo Joon," she said coyly. "You, of course."
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
"Nicole," he called out about fifteen minutes later, after the two of them had geared up and were squaring off each other on the boxing mat.
 
 
While she looked very much ready to kick some , he on the other hand was feeling reserved and doubtful about the whole situation.
 
 
"I really don't fight girls."
 
 
At this, Nicole let out a really loud, obnoxious laugh.
 
 
"Hah. Quit it. If you're not going to make your move, then I'll start."
 
 
"I don't think - "
 
 
But he didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence, because she had already broken into an attack stance and was heading for him at an undeniable speed.
 
 
"Cole - "
 
 
"Yah!" She lifted herself up a few feet from the ground, and spun herself once impressively before sending a kick towards the part slightly above his chest.
 
 
Doo Joon was thrown backwards mercilessly, hitting his back against the stringy ropes.
 
 
"Damn, Nicole," he grunted. "I thought we were supposed to be boxing. Using hands."
 
 
"Sorry," she said sheepishly and grinned, extending out her hand to help him up, which Doo Joon took gratefully. "I guess I got carried away."
 
 
"Carried away, huh?" Still holding onto her hand tightly, he started to stand up slowly. "Well okay then."
 
 
Before she even knew what was happening, he swiftly spun her around and twisted her hand before pressing it against her back firmly.
 
 
"Does it hurt?" he whispered into her ear teasingly, his hot breath tingling down Nicole's neck. Even though he had the upperhand, he couldn't help feeling somewhat nervous. Not because he was afraid that it was causing her pain, because he knew how to do it without hurting her - but being in such close approximity with her, it was making his senses go haywire and his heart beating furiously that he could practically hear it pounding out loud.
 
 
"No, it doesn't," she replied quietly, in between deep breaths. "But you know, Doo Joon..."
 
 
"Hmm?"
 
 
"Never, ever, let your opponent distract you."
 
 
With that being said, Nicole's elbow hit him directly in the stomach and easily released herself from his grip. Without even giving him the chance to react, she expertly threw a punch to his face, which landed squarely on his sharp jawline.
 
 
"Ow!" he winced.
 
 
Nicole smirked. "1-0."
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
"Does it still hurt?"
 
 
The two of them were walking back towards their car, which had been parked in the parking lot behind the building, and Nicole was fussing over Doo Joon's face even though he had already said that he was fine.
 
 
Doo Joon couldn't help but to laugh, although his face felt like it had been smashed against tons of bricks.
 
 
"It's okay, Cole. I'm fine, don't worry."
 
 
She looked at him guiltily. "I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I could've just practised alone - "
 
 
He reached up both of his hands and wrapped them around hers.
 
 
"It's really fine," he said kindly. "I've been through worst."
 
 
"Well...yeah," awkwardly, she pulled her hands out of his grasp, which Doo Joon let go of unwillingly. "It's just...it's been awhile since I was last here."
 
 
They fell in step next to each other, hands by their own respective sides.
 
 
"Did you used to come here everyday?" Doo Joon was the first to break the silence.
 
 
"Yeah," she nodded slightly. "With Junsu. He was the one who brought me here. I'd watch him train, before I eventually asked him to teach me some moves."
 
 
"Oh," was all he managed to say.
 
 
He didn't know a thing about it. His best friend had never breathed a word about Nicole learning how to fight, and Doo Joon just simply presumed Junsu had completely left her out from his dangerous world.
 
 
Apparently, he didn't felt that it was enough.
 
 
"Junsu always let me win," Nicole continued when he didn't say anything else. Doo Joon could hear the distinctive joy in her voice
whenever she talks about Junsu, and sure enough when he lifted up his head, a small smile was tugging at the corner of her lips.
 
 
"Even when I was aware of how much I , he'd always feign a loss. He also said that it would be good..." she choked and when Doo Joon glanced to his side, he realised that the smile had disappeared and that her eyes were already teary. "...that it would come in handy for me when he's no longer around to look after me."
 
 
Doo Joon didn't know what he else he was supposed to do; so he easily wrapped his arms around her shoulder and pulled her in for a tight embrace. He could feel her hot tears on his white cotton shirt, but he just let her be.
 
 
Afterall, his shoulder would always be hers to cry on.
 
 

 

 


 

because the doocole feels in me are raging ;~;