Broken Promise [Prologue]

I'm Your Man

 

“When I come back in 2 years time, I want to see this ring on your finger. Okay?” Jun Ho brought up her delicate hand and pressed it to his lips gently. He then lifted up his head and saw that she has turned ten shades redder. He tried his best to suppress his laughter. That was one of the many things he loved about her. Even after the two years they’ve been together, he still manages to make Soo Young blush just like the first time.

“Come back home safely...” she told him with a warm smile. “Only then will I wear this ring and I’ll never take it off.”

Jun Ho chuckled softly and leaned in closer until their foreheads were touching.

“What am I going to do without you Soo Young-ah?” he said in a low voice and let out a huge sigh. “24 months is a very long period of time.”

Pabo,” she brought up both hands to cup the back of his neck and it lovingly. “It’ll pass by quickly. Trust me.”

Jun Ho gazed into her warm hazel eyes and let himself be absorbed in it momentarily. His heart was aching so bad to leave her behind; even when he knows he’s going to come back. But the thought of parting even just for awhile was unbearable.

“You’ll still be here, won’t you?” he asked softly, tracing her jawline with his index finger.

Soo Young smiled at him amusingly.

“I’m not going anywhere Jun Ho-yah.”

“You won’t leave me for some other handsome guy, would you?”

He felt her hands ruffling his hair affectionately as she shook her head ever so slightly.

“What am I going to do with you Lee Jun Ho?”

“Promise me,” he said suddenly, surprising Soo Young a little.

“Promise you what Jun Ho?”

“Promise me that you’ll wait for me until I return. Promise me that you find another man when I’m gone,” he paused for awhile and held her gaze steadily. In a serious tone, “Promise me that when I come back, things will still stay the same.”

“Jun Ho-yah...”

Please Soo Youngie.”

Touching the tip of his nose lightly, she gave him one of her many sweet smiles that he adored so much. That he was going to miss a lot when he’s away.

“I promise.”