Weird...

Life As Treble

 

 

 

Min mi's POV
I felt my head throbbing hardly and it hurt a lot. I tried opening my eyes and it felt heavy, like I couldn't open them. I finally managed to open my eyes slowly and adjusted to the lights. I tried to stand up but I could hardly even move. I looked down at my body. My thigh was somehow bandaged. My hands and legs were tied up, really tightly. I tried to get them off of me but ended up struggling in pain, so I gave up. I looked at my surroundings and I was at a bedroom. I was tied on a bed. There was a mirror in front of me so I looked at my reflection. My head was bandaged and luckily it didn't hurt that much. I sighed and looked to my left. I saw Su min asleep in a comfortable position with a blanket on her. Luckily she wasn't tied up like me. She couldn't fight and maybe that's the reason they didn't tie her up. Or maybe... Somewhere, I heard rumors saying Mr Hwang treats children well because he loves children. That could be another reason why he didn't tie Su min up. I guess he had a soft spot for children. Thinking about it, now I know why he wanted to kidnap Su min. Since he treats children well I'm pretty sure he wouldn't hurt Su min. He was trying to use Su min as bait and capture Ljoe oppa. Now it all made sense to me. I carefully shifted and moved closer to Su min. "Su min ah.." I nudged her lightly trying to wake her up. She groaned and opened her eyes cutely. I smiled and looked at her, sadly.. She was still young and she had to experience being kidnapped. I felt really guilty, like I was the reason that Su min got kidnapped. "Unnie.." Su min softly said and hugged me. "I'm sorry Su min" I hung my head low, feeling sorry she had to go through this all. "Wae unnie?" she blinked and asked innocently. "I didn't manage to protect you" I mumbled. I heard Su min giggling then I felt tiny warm arms wrapping around me. "Unnie, it's not your fault. You tried your hardest to protect me" she comforted me and kissed my cheek. I softened and smiled genuinely. Su min was like an angel. Instead of me comforting her, she was comforting me instead. "Thanks Su min" I kissed her forehead and flashed her a smile. "Unnie.. Why are you tied up?" Su min tilted her head in confusion. "It's because they know unnie can fight" I told her and she nodded. "Does it hurt unnie?" she asked again. "It does..but unnie will be fine" I reassured her. "Are you sure unnie?" she doesn't seem convinced with my answer. "Don't worry Su minnie~" I cooed and she laughed. 
 
Suddenly the door creaked opened revealing a tall man, around 180cm and he was slightly buff. He looked around his late 30s to his early 40s. But from what I know, Mr Hwang was in his late 40s. Wow he definitely looked young. "Mr Hwang.." I hissed. "I see you're up" he smirked then looked at Su min. Su min was staring at him like he was a stranger. Well, he was, to Su min. I saw Mr Hwang's eye soften when he looked at Su min. "You're up too" he smiled softly. *Woooaaahh, weird* He smiled at Su min and there wasn't a hint of evil. Su min just nodded while continuously staring at him. "Who are you ahjusshi?" Su min asked out of curiosity. "I'm Mr Hwang, dear" he chuckled like how a father would chuckle at a daughter's question. He looked so nice and friendly like he wasn't evil at all.. Su min's tummy grumbled and she blushed then looked down. I laughed at her quietly. Mr Hwang also laughed at her cuteness. "Please bring in some food" Mr Hwang snapped his fingers and a lady came in with a tray of food more than enough for 2 people. Su min her lips staring at the food. The lady placed the food on the bed and left the room after she bowed. "You may eat, young girl" Mr Hwang patted her head. Su min cautiously picked up her spoon and took a mouthful of rice. She held it to and was about to eat it when she stopped. She looked at me and tilted her head. I guess she was wondering whether it was poisoned or not. Mr Hwang, sensing the situation smiled. "Do not worry. There's no poison" Mr Hwang said. Su min still did not eat the rice. "Prove it ahjusshi" she said and pointed the spoon at Mr Hwang's mouth. "Ahh~" she said cutely and giggled. "Ahh~" Mr Hwang mimicked her then he ate  the rice and chewed it. They really looked like father and daughter. After he swallowed the rice, he said "See? No poison". Su min grinned and ate the food. She even fed me spoonfuls of food even though I didn't asked her to. The whole time Mr Hwang was looking at Su min, smiling like a father. I saw love and care in his eyes. I wondered whether he was really the one who murdered my parents. Su min was done eating and I felt full because she kept feeding me food. Mr Hwang snapped his fingers again and the same woman came in and took the tray away. 
 
My wrists and legs were starting to sting and I winced lightly. I think Su min heard me and she turned to Mr Hwang. "Ahjusshi.." she called out. "Yes dear?" he asked with a soft smile. "Can you pretty please untie my unnie~ I don't like seeing her hurt" she pouted while asking. "But-" he hesitated. "Please ahjusshi" she begged with her puppy dog eyes. "Okay, okay. I will untie her" he gave up and agreed while chuckling. Mr Hwang called two guys to come in and untie me. After I was untied, I rubbed my red wrists. Luckily it wasn't hurt badly. "I think you can take off the bandage on your head." Mr Hwang said. I nodded then took it off. "Thanks ahjusshi" Su min grinned and hugged Mr Hwang. His eyes widened at Su min's sudden action and so did mine. Mr Hwang hugged Su min back. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a tear drop from Mr Hwang's eye. Su min released from the hug and Mr Hwang wiped his tear away fast. But it didn't go unnoticed by me. Su min yawned and then went beside me on the bed and laid down. "You're sleepy huh Su min" I said while giggling. She nodded with her eyes half open. "Go to sleep then" I whispered and kissed her forehead then she closed her eyes and drifted to dreamland. I glanced at Mr Hwang and he was looking at her lovingly like she was very precious to him. I cleared my throat making him look at me. "Mr Hwang, we need to talk privately" I firmly said. He stood up, nodded and then signaled me to follow him. We went out of the bedroom and went into a different room. It looked like a lounge with a working table. I guessed that it was his office. He led me to a couch and told me to sit down. I sat down after him and stared blankly in front of me.
 
"What did you wanted to talk about?" Mr Hwang crossed his legs and raised an eyebrow. "Why did you kidnap Su min?" I asked sternly while looking at him. "To get to Lee Byunghun of course" he said calmly. It was a lie, obviously. "I want the exact truth why you kidnapped Su min" I demanded and narrowed my eyes at him. "Do not create another excuse Mr Hwang" I warned him. He sighed and then his face softened. "I actually kidnapped Su min to get Byunghun. I'm telling the truth. On one day, I asked one of my servants to get a picture of Byunghun's sister so I could know who to kidnap. But.. Once I saw her picture, she reminded me of my daughter. I wanted to know more about her so I located her. I started stalking her and see what she does. She really reminded me so much of my daughter. Her smile was like a cure for me. Her laugh was like melody to my ears. I wanted to meet her. So, I told my men to take her here. I didn't know it would be this hard. I had no intentions of hurting her. I just wanted to see her and talk to her. I wanted to know how it feels like getting loved by a daughter" Mr Hwang explained. He looked really sad like he was about to burst into tears. "I see.." I nodded. I looked at Mr Hwang and he had a blank face on. "Where is your daughter now, Mr Hwang?" I asked. "S-she's dead" he slowly said. "How?" I asked again. "Byunghun's parents killed her" he growled. "And why would they?" I stubbornly asked. "This is why I needed Byunghun. I wanted to know why they killed her. My one and only precious daughter. I need an answer from him" he said angrily. "You do know that Su min is Byunghun's younger sister right?" I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms while leaning against the couch. "I am aware of that" he said and softened after hearing Su min's name. "You won't kill her right?" I asked slowly trying to see his reaction. He looked at me as if I was crazy to ask a question like that. "What?" I asked innocently. "I already told you she reminds me of my own daughter. I can't afford to kill her" he intertwined his fingers and leaned on it. "Byunghun Oppa said his parents did not kill your daughter" I told him. "IT WAS HIS PARENTS!!" he shouted. "Where's the proof?" I asked while smirking. "There-" he was interrupted by me. "If Su min knows something she would definitely hate you" I told while looking at him. "Knows what?" he looked worried and his voice sounded like he was panicked. "That you killed her parents and mine" I calmly said although it took me a lot of courage to say it and my heart hurts saying it to the killer himself. He looked shocked and put his intertwined fingers down. "I never killed anyone in my life before" he said firmly. "DON'T LIE!" I snapped. "You want proof? Look at my criminal records!" he threw something at me and I swiftly caught it. I looked at it carefully and saw no murder records. Only drugs and robbery. *This is weird* "It can't be. It was clearly you. I remember your looks" I mumbled. "I swear it wasn't me.. Unless" he defended himself and stopped. "Unless what?" I asked confused. "Mr Goo" he said with anger. "Who's that?" I asked. "My twin brother" he said. It took me awhile to process everything in my brain. So it wasn't Mr Hwang after all. It was his twin brother Mr Goo. My fists were clenched tightly in anger. Mr Hwang suddenly got up from his seat. "What's wrong?" I asked worried then got up too. "You need to leave, immediately" he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the bedroom. "Why?" I asked confused. "He's coming" Mr Hwang opened the door and entered the room. "Su  min ah.. Wake up. You can go home now" he shook Su min slightly till she woke up. "Go home? Why?" Su min asked, wide awake. "I'm setting you free" he hugged Su min. Su min looked really confused and so did I. We were halfway downstairs when there was a knock on the door. Mr Hwang groaned in frustration. "We're too late. He's here" he looked angry, like a beast. "Who's here?" me and Su min asked.
 
"Brother, I'm here" Mr Goo entered the house and saw the three of us then smirked. "My twin brother..." Mr Hwang said angrily. "Ah, I see you brought what I needed" Mr Goo said while looking at me and Su min. "Let these two go" Mr Hwang growled while extending his arms in front of both of us. "Tsk, tsk.. Since you've already done half of my job, I might as well finish it up" Mr Goo approached the three of us. "Then you need to get through me" Mr Hwang took a step forward. "Fine then" Mr Goo laughed evilly. The both of them started fighting and of course they were good. They should be good. Although, they're not better than me. A man sneaked up behind Mr Hwang and hit him on the head with a cooking pan. *Seriously?* I didn't notice presence behind me because I was too distracted watching Mr Hwang. Someone from behind placed a handkerchief on my mouth and nose, not allowing me to breath. I glanced at Su min and she was already unconscious. I tried pushing his hands away but the chloroform took over me and I fainted.