Lies

His and Her Circumstances

Jiyong was lying in the grass field with a book across his face deep in thought. Can school just be over already? All of these girls keep nagging me about Dara. And guys too! So annoying. All of sudden he felt the wind blow across his face. He opened his eyes, squinting at the sun only to see that his book was gone and he saw a familiar face glaring at him. Raising an eyebrow he said, “Hey, what’s up? You’re not the kind of student to ditch class.”

            “YA! How could you?!?!?!” yelled Yongbae, known by his close friends as Taeyang. “I could understand if you had told me before! If you liked Dara, tell me so before encouraging me to confess. How could you?”

            Just by looking at Taeyang’s face, Jiyong could tell how hurt he felt. He sat up and ran his hand through his hair and said, “So, I guess you heard about the thing with Dara? I was going to go and explain everything. I honestly don’t have any feelings towards her. I-“

            “WHAT? So you’re playing with this girl’s feelings? That’s not very gentle-“

            “No, you don’t understand. I’m doing this for-“

            “If you end that sentence by saying that you’re doing this for me then I don’t want to hear it. You really shouldn’t treat a girl’s feelings lightly. Dara is such a sweet girl, and even though she did reject me…Honestly its fine.”

            You say its fine, but you look like you’re going to cry. Fine, I won’t tell you the true reason behind this. You’ll only be upset, even though you are part of the reason for why I’m doing this. “Don’t worry,” Jiyong smiled. “It’s not for some petty thing like that. It’s honestly a misunderstanding. So, will you just hear me out?”

            Taeyang calmed down and sat beside him.

            “It’s only a misunderstanding; I’m actually doing her a favor,” Jiyong said slowly. It’s probably best to take this slowly. “She came up to me this morning and asked me out. BUT, she actually just wants to be pretending to go out.” Jiyong paused and took a breath wanting Taeyang to completely absorb what he was saying. “She said it was because she was burdened with all of confessions that she had to reject. By asking me out, she thought that it would all stop. So, I decided to help, it sounded interesting plus it would help me too. I should have consulted you about this though, sorry. I know you still like her and you were just rejected by her four days ago. But, neither of us have any romantic feelings toward each other so don’t worry. Heck I could even help you! She could still not know that she’s actually in love with you.”

            Silence filled the air as Taeyang just stared into space. Pretending to go out? Seriously? How cheesy. Watch she’s actually in love with him and this is the only way she can get close to him…I can’t really blame her. I mean he’s Kwon Jiyong. He’s handsome, smart, athletic, social, and nice. If I was a girl, I’d probably fall for him. Plus he’s single, and isn’t a player. Sigh, Jiyong will definitely fall for Dara’s charm…

            Is he okay? Thought Jiyong. Why isn’t he saying anything?

            As if he read Jiyong’s mind, Taeyang said, “Don’t worry about me. It’s fine, I’ll help if I can. You’re the best guy I know, she has no chance. She’ll definitely fall for you.” Taeyang gave him a wink. “Now come on, we need to go to class.” He stood up and wiped off any dirt or grass that got on him. As he started walked back towards the school, he looked back and said, “Hurry up! Someone has to wake Daesung up when he falls asleep in class.” With a chuckle he continued walking.

            Jiyong smiled and relief swept through him. Grabbing his book, he stood up and wiped himself off. “Hey! Wait up for me!” he yelled. Taeyang turned and motioned for him to hurry up. I guess my acting is pretty effective, huh? I will get revenge for you dude. Just you watch. I will make her fall for me so hard that she won’t know what to do without me.

 

A/N: Hey :) Done with school for now, so I get more chances to write \(^o^)/ Thanks for the comments xD