Playing for you

His and Her Circumstances

~Flashback~

*beep beep*    Dara looked down at her phone.

From: Dong Youngbae

To: Me

Hey! Meet me in front of the school! I have a plan about confronting Jiyong.

 

From: Sandara Park

To: Me

Wah, really? Okay, I’m only 5 minutes away from the school.

 

As he said, Taeyang was waiting for her in front of the school. When he saw her, he smiled, if only the situation was a little different…stop dude, this is for Jiyong, your best friend.

Dara greeted him with a giant smile, “Good morning, what’s the plan?” What could he possibly have planned? I can’t even think of anything, how could I possibly find a way to tell him the truth in a way that will make him believe me?

“Do you know how to play an instrument?” Taeyang asked abruptly.

Instrument? Aren’t we talking about Jiyong? “Uh…I know how to play the guitar a little bit…?” she replied in confusion.

“Guitar…guitar….Ah! That should work!”

“Work? What’s going on???”

“You know how Jiyong loves music, right?”

Dara nodded in response, still giving Taeyang a confused look.

“So the best way to ask for forgiveness is for you to give him your own music.”

“My own music?”

“Yes, a song is an expression of one’s heart. It’s like exposing what you’re truly feeling on the inside. Even if the background music and lyrics are beautiful, but if you don’t put your full heart into then all the beauty of the song with disappear. So, I think it’d be best if you sang a song.”

Dara froze, me…sing? What? “You want me to sing? I don’t think I can do that!!! What do I sing? What do I do?”

Taeyang placed his hand on her shoulders, “It’s okay Dara, calm down. You can do this, I believe in you,” he gave her a sweet smile. This is all I can do for you… “I have everything planned out. When are you free?”

“Mmmm, most of the time, why?”

“I need to evaluate how well you can sing and play guitar, plus you need to learn the song.”

“Song?”

“I’ve been working on a couple of songs, I’ll change them a little to fit you more…but it should work. Ah, and I can only help you with the song, the rest is up to you. You will need to figure out how to get Jiyong to listen to you.”

Dara nodded, “Okay…I need to think about that part…”

“From what I know Jiyong will be back in school in a couple of days, so try and get the ball rolling from the get go. Things should go smoother that way.”

“I see…so are we going to meet after school?”

“Mmmm, are you free during lunch? We could go to the music room and start practicing. The more we accomplish when Jiyong isn’t here the better.”

Dara nodded in agreement, “I see. Lunch it is then…”

“By the way…you do know how to read music, right?”

Dara looked at him nervously, “Kind of…” she pressed her index fingers together, “I know some chords and things like that…I’m still learning.”

“Well, we have our work cut out for us then, neh?”

“Yeah…”


“Okay, you’ve heard Big Bang’s songs, right?” asked Taeyang as he stood opposite of her in one of the practice rooms within the music room.

“Yes.”

“Okay, since I need to evaluate your singing abilities, I need you to sing our song. Whichever song you like.”

Dara thought, Which is my favorite…which one do I know the best? ‘Lies’? “Can I try ‘Lies’?”

Taeyang nodded, It’s kind of ironic…choosing that song, especially when your relationship was kind of based off lies and misunderstandings. He took out his iPod and clicked the track titled “Lies (Instrumental)”.

Dara took a breath nervously and opened .

Yeah, love is pain. Dedicated to all my broken-hearted people. One’s old flame. Just scream my name. And I’m so sick of love songs. Yeah, I hate them damn love songs. Momentos of ours…

She sang the chorus once before Taeyang stopped her, “Okay, that’s good. I have a decent feel of your singing style.”

Dara asked him nervously, “How was it? I’ve never sang in front of anyone…”

Taeyang thought about it for a few seconds before replying, “Hmmm…you can sing pretty well…I’m serious!” he said when she gave him a doubtful look. “You’re pitch and projection can be worked on a little bit, but overall it’ll be very easy to work with. I think the songs I had in mind will definitely work.

Dara let out a sigh of relief. “That’s good.”

“Starting from now on, we’ll be practicing in the morning, at lunch, and after school in the studio. Are you find with that? I hope we’ll have it ready within a week, but we’ll just have to see…”

Dara nodded her head, “I understand.”

“And don’t forget that you have to prepare something as well.”

Dara smiled, “Got it!” she gave him a small salute.

“Aish,” he bonked her on the head lightly, “I’m sure Jiyong will love it.”

“I hope so…”


Two days passed and like Taeyang said the two of them were together all of the time. She practiced her guitar until her fingers grew ugly blisters and sang until her voice hurt. Taeyang was amazed at her fast improvement. Time flew by and the next thing she knew, Jiyong was going to come back to school in the morning and she still didn’t have any ideas about what she should do about getting him to listen to her.

She surfed the internet for a while trying to get ideas, but with no luck. Everything just didn’t fit what she wanted or was so overused that there was no point in trying to do it.

*knock knock* Dara turned around to see her mom coming, “I just cut up some apples and thought that I’d bring some to you since you’ve been studying so hard.”

Dara smiled, “Thanks mom.” Then she saw the plate of apple bunnies. Apple…bunnies? Apple, that’s his favorite fruit…and bunnies…ssantokki…his nickname for me…that’s it! A light bulb went off in her head. She grabbed a piece of blank paper and started drawing an apple. What should I write…hm…Taeyang said that I’ll have to do it within 8 days from Jiyong’s return. I can’t wait too long…plus Ji’s lucky number is 8…So maybe 8 letters then? She started drawing the 7 other letters, and when she got to the last two cards she thought, do I just draw two slices on this one and then only one on the other? But wouldn’t that seem like there’d be more after…the whole apple should be gone…what should I do? Aish…this will look kind of weird, but I’ll just have it seem like the apple was cut into 7 slices…such an awkward number for that. Whatever…what should be on the last card then? It can’t just be empty…oh! Seeds! That’s what would be left, since you don’t eat them and they are also the beginning of something new. The new beginning for our relationship. She drew the final cards and started to write her messages to him.


“Please tell me you were able to think of something for Jiyong,” Taeyang nagged, Hopefully she was able to think of something.

Dara rubbed her eyes, “Aish, I was up really late making them.”

“Making them? So you were able to come up with an idea!”

Dara smiled and nodded her head in excitement. She pulled the first letter out of her backpack, “This is it,” she said showing him.

Taeyang looked at it, “Whoa, that’s perfect!”

“But how do I give it to him?”

“Hm…I could probably ask Daesung to hand it to him, that way he’ll definitely accept it.”

Dara nodded, “I just don’t think I’ll be able to hand it to him or even make contact with him until I do that song….”

Taeyang nodded understanding, “I see. We can start doing the final touches before school in the music room. If you’re there early then you can leave it on his desk after today.”

And from that, they followed the plan for the next 8 days. She’d leave the letter on the desk once she got to school, then she’d go to the music room and practice. At lunch, she’d discuss with CL and Taeyang about where it should be, what she should wear, and things like that.

Next thing she knew, it was the day. She looked up at the clock, 6:30…I’ll be meeting him in an hour and a half…I hope he comes…what if he doesn’t?? Think positive Dara! She cheered herself on. CL told her that she’d be over soon. Dara looked at the dress hanging on her door and let out a small smile, it’s amazing…finding a dress that looks exactly like the one that I wore back then…I wonder if he remembers…

*knock knock* Dara turned to see CL walk into the room. “Are you ready?”

“Not at all!” Dara said nervously, “What if I mess up? What if he doesn’t show up?”

CL hugged her best friend, “Don’t think of those things…everything will work out perfectly. Now let me help you get ready,” she said holding up her bag of makeup.


Dara sat on the cold bench with the guitar sitting on her lap. She knew Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri, Top, Bom, and CL were hiding somewhere watching her. She tried to calm herself by breathing…You can do this! You are Sandara Park! She opened her eyes and saw him about 50 feet away. He was out of breath, did he run here? He slowly walked over towards her. She saw his eyes widened when he finally saw her. When he was less than ten feet away from her, she heard him say, “You look beautiful.” Only to quickly cover his mouth as if he didn’t want anything else to escape.

She smiled, so far so good. You can do this! She adjusted the guitar and started playing, not even hearing him starting to talk.

 

We have to hurry

 I can’t feel regret

I’d rather it be you than miss out

The tension inside,

My mind feels like it’s in a trance

Wake up, I’ve won the game

 

Dara smirked and continued playing.

 

Hey pretty boy

 

She looked up at Jiyong and winked.

 

You’re lacking something

You don’t have any charm,

You’re just pretty

Hey pretty boy,

Put some effort into it

More like a man,

With more personality

Ch-ch-ch-change yourself

 

Dara laughed softly watching the shock on Jiyong’s face. She’s singing for me? And she’s calling me pretty again? Is this how she asks for forgiveness…wait…I already decided to forgive her…what’s going on? Her voice is beautiful though. He smiled and then realized that she had changed keys and started playing a different song. He looked at her and met her gaze and saw her let out a little smile. Then she started once more.

 

If you’re shedding tears

Just like my reflection in the mirror

If you’ve thought of me even once

Can you run to me and embrace me?

 

Because even when I closed my eyes

I thought of your face

Because even when I’m breathing

I’m suffocating

 

Our first meeting is like a saddened soul

Left with nothing but pain

My last words, saying you had to be happy

Were just foolish

 

Please love me

Please come back to me

Hold me again like you used to

Please comfort me, please call me right now

 

Just like before

I want to hear your voice

 

I said I’d definitely forget

I promised goodbye but

When I see you, I still tremble

We gotta stay together

I can’t sleep, is it the same for you?

 

I’m always trembling I love you forever

 

I said I’d definitely forget

I promised goodbye but

When I see you, I still tremble

We gotta stay together

I can’t sleep, are you like me?

 

I know that you’re not thinking of me

 

Scars leave tears

And gets locked within thoughts

I’m not listening to my friends’ comforts

My heart hurts so much

To the point I cry all day and long to die

 

Again, I spent the whole day gripping onto my phone

I want to see you, I can’t stand it

I spent another meaningless day by myself

 

Please love me

Please come back to me

Hold me again like you used to

Please comfort me, please call me right now

 

Just like before

I want to hear your voice

 

I said I’d definitely forget

I promised goodbye but

When I see you, I still tremble

We gotta stay together

I can’t sleep, is it the same for you?

I know that you’re not thinking of me

 

Only if someone had come and told me

This love was wrong from the start

 

I feel empty somewhere

And my heart begins to hurt

I guess it still loves you

 

When I see you, I still tremble

We gotta stay together

I can’t sleep, is it the same for you?

 

I said I’d definitely forget

I promised goodbye but

I can’t sleep, are you like me?

 

When I see you, I still tremble

We gotta stay together

I can’t sleep, are you like me?

 

I know that you’re not thinking about me

 

Dara played the last chords of the song before looking up at Jiyong. When she met his eyes she asked, “Can we stay together?”

 

 

A/N: Hello! I can't believe it...I've literally written almost 100 pages in my word doc for this story! And I'm at 3400 view??? What? This is just crazy. Thank you all for the support! That's for reading, subscribing, commenting, and voting! I hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

P.S. Do you know what 2NE1 songs I used? Because I honestly didn't listen to them until yesterday LOL The first part is Dara's part and the chorus from their song "Pretty Boy" and the really long part is from "Stay Together". I really enjoy listening to "Stay Together"! Dara has so many lines and all of them sound amazing! xD Listen to it if you haven't!

"Can we stay together?" What is Dara trying to ask? And how will Jiyong repond? Until next time! :D

 

BTW I'm writing another fanfiction, so if you liked this one please check it out. Link below!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/559439