Valentine's

His and Her Circumstances

February 14th. Whew…today’s the day. Dara tried to calm herself as she starred at the bag in her hand. Aigoo, why is he so late? We might be late for school! Dara worried as she stood waiting for him outside of the convenience store.

Ring ring ring. Dara looked at her phone and saw that the caller id said Jiyong. “Hello? Where are you?” On the other end of the line Dara could hear Jiyong breathing hard, “Hello?” she repeated. “Are you all right?”

Huff…huff… “Sorry Dara, I totally overslept! I just woke up, gah! Can you go to school on your own?” Craaash! “OW! Sorry, just go ahead. I’ll be a little late.”

“Oh okay…hurry!” Dara cheered. Well, this isn’t the best way to start Valentine’s Day. So unlucky. She starred at her bag again. Sigh, I better just go then. I’ll give it to him at lunch. She exited the store and walked to class. I hope he likes it. Ah, it was so fun making them with CL and Bom. Wah, Bom is really good at cooking, she needs to teach me! Maybe I can make another lunchbox for him, she grinned to herself. This cake should be really yummy. I had to make it 3 times to make it even look like a heart! The cake was inside a cutely wrapped box within her bag.

“Ah, where’s Jiyong?” “Aw, Dara sunbae looks so sad without Jiyong sunbae.” “I wonder what happened, did they fight?” “They’re not together?” she heard students say as she walked towards the classroom. Do I look that different when I’m not with him? Is there something on my face that says that I miss him? This attention is really not something I want, she thought with a sigh.

She opened the door to the classroom, “Good morning,” she greeted before going to her seat.

“Dara, good morning!” CL greeted cheerfully. She stopped as she saw her best friend’s expression, “are you okay? Did something happen? Don’t tell me…he didn’t like what you made?”

Dara met CL’s eyes and shook her head, “It’s nothing like that. I was so nervous about giving it to him, but it turns out he accidentally overslept.” She rubbed the back of her head and let out a fake laugh, “So, I was really lonely when I was walking to school today…I miss him.”

CL let out a sigh of relief and lightly bonked Dara on the head, “don’t scare me like that. I thought something more serious happened. Don’t worry, he’ll be here soon. Already missing him after two days, you’re too cute.”

“By the way, were you able to give Seungri those chocolates yet?” Dara asked curiously.

CL let out a nervous laugh, “Hehehe…girls are so scary! I didn’t know it could be like that. You and Bom are so lucky! Since they’re already your guys’ boyfriend you don’t have to worry about seeing him accept chocolate from other girls.” She placed her head on the desk, “Let’s just say, I couldn’t even get close to him. Whenever I got closer to him, girls kept pushing me out of the way!” she continued sadly. “Tch like that rat should matter to me,” she pouted.

Dara laughed, “You’re the cute one CL. You can do it.”

“He won’t need my chocolates considering the amount he already got; unless he wants to get fat. Then no girl would go after him sniff,” CL sniffled.

Dara gave her a warm smile, you mean so that  you could have him all to yourself. You’d still like him even if that happened. I’ll cheer you two on. “Don’t worry. I bet he’s waiting for you to give him chocolate.”

CL glared at her, “What he just expects every girl in the school to give him chocolate? Hmph, conceited idiot.”

Wah, she really cares for him. “No, that’s not it,” she reassured, “I think he’s waiting for yours because yours is the only one the really matters to him. And he probably can’t say no to the other girls because he’s too kind.”

“That kindness will get him beat up one day,” CL retorted, by me of course.

“Fighting CL!” Dara cheered.


Class started, where is he? Dara wondered as she glanced at the class door. Clack, the door opened and Dara’s eyes shot up. She smiled when she saw Jiyong, but then there was something behind him. Why??? Why is she coming in with him too? She thought angrily as she saw Sohee come in after Jiyong. This couldn’t be a coincidence, could it? But she promised.

The two of them were profusely apologizing to Teacher Yang for being late before they took their seats. Dara glared at Sohee, why are you with him?! When Sohee noticed Dara looking at her, she just smirked. What was that face for? What happened? Today is just going horribly wrong, and it just started…

When lunch time rolled around, Dara heard Teacher Yang say “Jiyong, come to my office right now." Jiyong looked at Dara who just walked over to his desk, with an apologizing smile he said, “I’m sorry, we can talk later.” Not again…I’ll just wait until he gets back, she frowned.

“What was that glare for earlier?” Sohee asked startling Dara.

Dara quickly turned around, “What?” Oh right, “why? Why did you end up coming in with Jiyong?”

Typical Dara to be jumping to conclusions, tch, please didn’t I promise not to approach him? It was my alarm’s fault that I overslept this morning, Sohee rolled her eyes, “You really shouldn’t jump to conclusions,” she whispered into Dara’s ears, “don’t worry, I didn’t even talk to him. Oh wait, I guess we greeted each other before entering the classroom. I just overslept,” she smirked.

Oversleep? How do I know that isn’t a lie? All you do is lie to me…but, I trust Jiyong…whew, “fine, whatever you say,” Dara replied as she went past her to go to where Taeyang and Daesung were. “Hey, do you know why Jiyong was called to Teacher Yang’s classroom?”

Taeyang looked up, “Um, it could have been about his school choice…?”

Dara looked at him in confusion, “What do you mean?”

Daesung looked at her, “Didn’t you know?”

“Know what?” asked Dara a little frustrated.

He didn’t tell her? That’s weird, he decided a while ago. “It’s not really about what school he chose. But what major he chose. He decided that he wants to be a music composer and producer, and from what he told me, Teacher Yang looked shocked when he heard it. Jiyong is smart and I suppose Teacher Yang is trying to convince him otherwise. To be honest, most people think that a degree in music is a dead end,” Taeyang explained.

He’s going into music?! That would be so awesome! Why didn’t he tell me about this? “Oh, I see. I’m sure he’ll be successful in whatever he goes into,” she smiled. “Ah! Can I ask you guys for some help?”

Daesung nodded, “sure, what is it?”

Dara looked over at CL who was still kind of depressed about Seungri, “Well you see, CL wants to give Seungri chocolate, and she can’t…She tried to this morning, but I guess there were so many girls around him that she became disheartened. And you see, she doesn’t have the confidence to even give it to him.”

The two nodded, “okay, what do you want us to do?” Taeyang asked.

“Can you two create a situation where they can be alone? So that she can give him the chocolate, he likes her doesn’t he?”

“N-” Daesung started.

“Yes,” Taeyang cut in.

“Are you sure we should be telling her that?” Daesung questioned Taeyang.

“I don’t think it’ll change much of anything since he does. And she likes him, right?” Taeyang asked Dara.

“Yup, yay! They have mutual feelings!” Dara exclaimed.

Daesung and Taeyang smiled in relief, “That’s good that their feelings are mutual,” Daesung commented, “Actually, we could probably pull Seungri out of his classroom right now. He’ll probably be glad that we took him away from all of those girls. Plus I’d say we could take a break too,” he chuckled as he gestured to him and Taeyang’s desk that were full of chocolates.

“Awesome, that’d be perfect! Just text me to tell me where to meet you guys with CL,” Dara said.

“Mmmm, how about the top of the staircase? We’ll meet you there in 7 minutes” Taeyang said with a wink.

Dara chuckled, right, both my confrontation with Taeyang and Sohee were there. “That sounds perfect.” She went over to CL, “hey, can you come with me somewhere? Oh and bring your chocolates”

CL looked up at her, I don’t want to go anywhere…but for Dara, I should…she stood up and grabbed the small bag that contained the chocolates, “sure.”

Dara was able to get CL into a happier mood before they reached the top of the staircase, “I don’t think anyone will come here, so we can talk our hearts out now. Omo! I forgot, I’ll go get us some drinks, just wait from me here,” she smiled.

CL just nodded, what a weird request, but okay, Dara is an odd girl. “Don’t make me wait too long.”

“Mhmm, I’ll be right back!” she said as she waved and descended the stairs.

She waited at the bottom of the stairs until she saw Daesung and Taeyang approaching with Seungri in tow. When they reached her, Dara grabbed the collar of Seungri’s shirt and whispered into his ear, “You better not screw this up, or I swear I will hunt you down.”

Seungri’s eyes widened, not screw up what? Dara noona is being really scary! He just nodded in response. He looked at Daesung, “Hyung, what’s going on?”

“Not much, just be yourself. We’ll meet you at the top of the stairs in a little. Just go up first,” Daesung replied as he gave Seungri a shove.

Seungri looked at all of them in confusion, but followed what his hyung told him.

Dara snickered, “I wonder what will happen!”

Taeyang gave her a serious look, “You never know with him…hopefully he doesn’t screw things up.”

“How about we go eavesdrop?” Daesung suggested.

Next thing the two boys knew, Dara was already walking up the stairs towards the couple. The three of them stopped where they could hear the couple, but the couple couldn’t see them.

“What are you doing here?!?!” CL shouted.

“Um…Um…hyung told me to come over here…” Seungri said nervously.

Darn did Dara set me up?! So sneaky! I’ll have to talk to her later about this! CL thought nervously.

“I’m so sorry,” Seungri said all of a sudden.

This caught CL off guard, “For what?”

Seungri rubbed the back of his head, “I saw you this morning, but because of all the girls around me I couldn’t reach you. I tried to get to you, but those girls,” he laughed, “they’re kind of crazy. So I’m really sorry sunbae,” he bowed.

Warmth rose in CL’s chest, so he did see me…she looked at the chocolates in her hands, I guess this is what Dara wanted me to do, CL smiled, “It’s okay.” She patted him on the shoulder, “I forgive you. Um…” she started to get nervous, do I just give it to him???? “Um…I uh…I hope you accept these,” she said quickly as she present him with the chocolates.

She’s giving me chocolate??? Yes! Seungri smiled brightly, “With pleasure…” should I ask? Or will I regret it…? It’s now or never, okay you can do it! You are Lee Seunghyun! “Does this mean…you want to go out with me?” he asked nervously as he accepted the chocolate.

CL blushed like crazy, “Date??? Ahahah…ha” she laughed nervously, “what are you talking about?”

Seungri felt disheartened, but then he saw CL’s blush. He smiled, so cute, trying to hide her feelings. He went up to her and hugged her tightly, “I’ll take that as a yes.” And to his surprise he felt her hugging him back rather than pushing him away which made him smile even more.

“Yay! Congratulation you two!” they heard. They sprung apart when they heard Dara, Taeyang, and Daesung approached them.

“Dara! You planned this, huh?” CL asked all embarrassed.

“Keke, it worked, didn’t it?” Dara teased.

Seungri gave CL a back hug, “you’re too cute, being all shy. So this is why I saw you this morning.”

“Get off me, you rat!” CL said as she shoved him off her.

Ring ring ring. “Oh, class is going to start soon! We’d better go,” Daesung said. The three of them started to walk back to their classes.

I wasn’t able to talk to Jiyong again…Dara thought sadly.


Jiyong and Dara walked home today like normal, but this was the first time they were able to talk to each other. “Sorry, about not being able to talk to you…where did you go at lunch? I didn’t see you when I got back, and Daesung and Taeyang were gone too.” Jiyong asked.

“Oh, we made it so that CL and Seungri could be together so CL could give him her Valentine’s chocolate,” Dara said proudly.

Valentine’s chocolate? Are she going to give me any? I can’t tell her that the reason why I overslept was because I kept thinking about how she’d be giving me chocolate, so embarassing…Jiyong thought, “I see. That’s why Seungri came to our class when school ended,” Jiyong chuckled.

“Yeah…” I guess I should give him the chocolates, now? She gripped the bag she was carrying. “Um…Um…happy valentine’s day! I made these for you, I hope it tastes okay,” Dara said nervously as she handed him the bag.

Jiyong smiled widely as he accepted the chocolate.

“Aigoo, there’s my gummy smile! I missed you,” she said truthfully.

Jiyong smiled even bigger, “I missed you too ssantokki, I’m sorry about today.” He hugged her and kissed her on the forehead, “That’s for the chocolates.” I can’t help myself, she’s so cute. Valentine’s Day is a pretty good day after all.

Dara blushed in embarrassment and pushed him away a little, “It’s not white day yet!”

Haha, I’ll make sure to give you even more on White Day. Maybe you’ll be mine then.  “Just a little longer please,” he teased as he tried to hug her again.

They hugged for a little longer then Dara pushed him away again, “Um…this is where we part, right?” she said nervously not being able to meet his eyes, this is so embarassing. “Since our relationship is still based on a contract,” hopefully it won’t be for much longer… “I think I should go now…My house isn’t too far away…anyway I’ll see you later,” she smiled. “Wait,” she got closer to him, and was going to kiss his cheek, but he turned his head at the last moment. This feels different from last time? Is softer…Dara opened her eyes and met his, oh my goodness! We’re actually kissing! Dara thought frantically as she realized her lips on his.

She kissed me, Jiyong thought in a daze. When Dara stepped away from him, he touched his lips and blushed. My lips feel all tingly, I can’t believe she kissed me!

Dara blushed like crazy, “Anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow!” Then she ran in the direction of her house. Omo! That was my first kiss! And I initiated it, and it was with Jiyong! His lips, she thought,  were so soft and…sweet, she admitted, I guess Valentine’s Day is sweet after all.


Sohee was walking home, Valentine’s Day, how boring. The highlight had to be seeing how jealous Dara was when she saw me with Jiyong. Keke, that was the best. All of a sudden she saw Jiyong and Dara walking ahead of her. Should I? Meh, why not? So she followed them trying not to be seen and overheard Dara say, “Um…this is where we part, right? Since our relationship is still based on a contract.” What’s that? Contract? You mean, they’re not even really together? Hahaha, how pathetic Dara, you can’t even get him now. You have to use a contract as a reason to be together. She pulled out her phone and started walking towards her house again. I just heard some really interesting gossip…it would be a shame if no one else knew, right? She thought grinning, that wouldn’t be breaking the rules, neh?

 

 

 

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! Aigoo, school is almost here for me TT-TT i won't be able to update as often, which is why I've been trying to add a chapter every day. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a retreat, so I won't be able to write for at least 3 days...and then things just get crazy TT-TT Hopefully I will be able to write within the next week, but if not I'll try to at least get another chapter in the week after before school starts. Too bad I didn't start this sooner :(

Thanks for all of the support by reading, subscribing, and commenting ^^ Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Valentine's began with a rocky start, but ended sweetly, what happens now? Will everything stay as sweet? Until next time! (which will hopefully be soon...aigoo...)