Day by Day

His and Her Circumstances

“Ahem,” CL cleared trying to clear the tension in the room. “Who is this?” she asked pointing towards Seungri.

Jiyong finally stopped glaring at Seungri and looked at CL to reply, “This is Lee Seunghyun, but his stage name is Seungri since Top hyung’s name is also Seunghyun. Be careful, he’s ALWAYS attacking girls, especially if they’re older than him.”

“That’s not true!” argued Seungri, he then pointed at CL, “I wouldn’t attack that sunbae! She looks like a cat and nowhere near as pretty as Bom and Dara noona.”

Sure, I’m not what you would call “pretty”, at least not in the sense that Bom sunbae and Dara are! But he doesn’t have to say that to my face! CL quickly retorted in anger, “trust me I wouldn’t even want the attention of this rat,” motioning to Seungri while talking towards Jiyong, “so I guess he’s doing me a favor.”

“What did you call me??” asked Seungri who was getting angry really fast. “And I’m over here! If you have something to say about me then say it to my face.” He approached CL until he was about a foot away from her.

CL quickly turned around not expecting Seungri to be so close. Next thing she knew her nose was touching his and she could feel his breath that came from his mouth that was only an inch away from hers. The two of them just looked at each other for a few seconds before they realized what kind of situation they were in. They quickly jumped away from each other. “Pfft, are you sure you’re not trying to get close to me? But I have to tell you, I have my own standards too,” with that she turned around and walked towards the doorway.

Seungri was left with his mouth hanging open. How could she?! This is the first time any girl rejected me in such a fashion. And a rat?? Standards? Pah, I have my own standards, Seungri thought angrily.

Hahaha, I knew it was a good idea to bring Chaerin along. Now Seungri is occupied with CL instead of Dara, Jiyong thought as he smiled to himself, “Let’s go, who knows when his anger will subside.” Jiyong turned to the classroom exit with Dara in tow.

Seungri snapped out of his trance and grabbed Dara’s arm. “Let’s go Dara noona!”

Jiyong glared over at Seungri which had no effect on the latter. Never mind those thoughts.


They finally reached the studio. Seungri was still trying to hold Dara’s hand with Jiyong swatting it away. Seungri and CL kept getting into petty arguments causing the rest of the party to laugh.

“Hey, you guys are here again?” asked a man in a beanie.

“Yeah hyung, GD wrote another song that’s totally off the hook,” replied Taeyang with a smile.

“Oh, awesome dude,” said the man as he looked at them, “there are two new faces, who are these lovely ladies?” he asked motioning to CL and Dara.

“Ah, hyung this is Dara and Chaerin, they’re our classmates. Dara is also GD’s girlfriend,” said Daesung as he elbowed the man’s side while giving him a suggestive look. Both of them started laughing at this causing Jiyong to frown.

"Dara, Chaerin this is Teddy hyung. He runs this recording studio,” said Jiyong. He also whispered, “by the way, at the studio we only go by our stage names. We don’t want anyone to really know who we are since we might get in trouble with the school for this. We’re just known as ‘Big Bang’.”

Both CL and Dara nodded in understanding.

“By the way, you guys don’t have to call me Chaerin, just call me CL,” CL said.

“Okay,” the boys replied.

“Except you,” she said pointing at Seungri, “sunbae is perfectly fine.”

“Trust me, I wouldn’t call you anything else sunbae,” said Seungri as he rolled his eyes.

“Ah, Top and Bom should be joining us shortly,” Taeyang remembered. “Why don’t we just get started? Just so we can fine tune some things.”

“Oh right! I forgot, but I want you, Daesung, and Seungri to try something out for the ‘Lies’ recording. I need to see how that sounds before making the final track,” commented Jiyong.

“Neh,” the other three replied. The group shuffled into the recording room.

“So, Taeyang, I need you to extend this note, Daesung and Seungri can you sing this part a little higher?” asked Jiyong. “Okay, Daesung make the end of that line go up higher—yes, just like that. Seungri, sing that part a note lower—yes, perfect.”

The four of them started practicing the parts over and over again until Jiyong was satisfied. The two girls just watched in fascination. Wow, Jiyong really knows how to create music. I thought ‘Lies’ was perfect as it was, but now it’s even better! And they all sing so well. Daesung has such a smooth voice for such a clumsy guy. Taeyang has such a big range considering his hip hop image. And Seungri has such a cute voice. Her eyes landed on Jiyong, and he can do anything, huh? Sing, rap, and compose! What can’t he do? She thought in admiration.

Wow, even that rat can sing really well. Now I know why Dara was raving about them so much. I wonder how Seunghyun sunbae sounds? I mean from the recording I can hear it but, what about live? Thought CL.

At that moment the door to the studio opened, “Hey, sorry I’m late. I was put on cleaning duty and well it took a little while,” apologized Top as he entered the room. Bom entered after him and immediately went to where the other girls were sitting.

“So, what do you think of them?” she asked.

"They are so good!” squealed Dara. “Hearing them live is even better than the recording.”

“Yeah, I’m really surprised to see this side of them,” replied CL, “even that rat can sing.”

“I heard that!!” yelled Seungri.

Dara and Bom laughed, is this a new couple I’m seeing? They both thought.

“Noona, don’t laugh at me,” Seungri pouted cutely.

CL scoffed, “are you trying to be cute or something?”

“Not to you!” glared Seungri.

The four guys just rolled their eyes as they watched their maknae. “Anyways,” said Jiyong, “Let’s record your guys’s parts for ‘Haru Haru’.”

The five guys took turns and either Teddy or Jiyong would make comments or suggestions about certain parts. Occasionally the others would chime in, but it was mostly Jiyong and Teddy. Wow, recording just one song takes so long, thought Dara. She looked at her watch, omo, we’ve already been here for three hours! And they’re not even done with the recording. She looked over at CL and Bom to see how they were doing. The girls chatted for the first hour or so, but later on they just listened and watched the boys. When Dara looked over she saw CL carefully observing the boys. Bom, on the other hand, already fell asleep. Dara giggled and pointed it out to CL, she must have gotten tired…or bored. The two of them found Top’s jacket and covered Bom. “mmmm….corn…” muttered Bom. It took everything they had not to laugh out loud. Corn??? Even at a time like this? Thought Dara.

What an…odd thing to say or dream about, thought CL as she was holding back her laughter.

Jiyong heard their muffled laughter and turned to them with an eyebrow raised. “Are you two okay?”

Dara raised her hand to make a gesture to say they were okay. If I open my mouth, I’m going to start laughing really loud.

Jiyong rolled his eyes and chuckled, what an odd girl.

Everything went back to normal and CL and Dara just listened to Big Bang’s song.

 

Leave.

Yeah, Finally I realize that I am nothing without you

I was so wrong, forgive me

Ah ah ah ah

 

My broken heart like a wave

My shaken heart like a wind

My heart vanished like smoke

It can’t be removed like a tattoo

I sigh deeply as if a ground is going to cave in

Only dusts are piled up in my mind

(say goodbye)

 

Yeah, I thought I wouldn’t be able to live even one day without you

But somehow I managed to live on (longer) than I thought

You don’t answer anything as I cry out “I miss you”

I hope for a vain expectation but now it’s useless

 

What is it about that person next to you, did he make you cry?

Dear can you even see me, did you forget completely?

I’m worried, I feel anxiety because I can’t get close nor try to talk to you

I spend long nights by myself, erasing my thoughts a thousand times

 

Don’t look back and leave

Don’t find me again and live (on)

Because I have no regrets from loving you, take only the good memories

I can bear it in some way

I can stand in some way

You should be happy if you are like this

I become dull day by day (eh eh eh eh)

Oh girl I cry, cry

You’re my all, say goodbye…

 

 

Oh girl I cry, cry

You’re my all, say goodbye, bye

Oh my love don’t lie, lie

You’re my heart, say goodbye

 

Jiyong turned around, “This isn’t the final edited version, but what do you guys think?”

Dara was clapping enthusiastically and felt a tear falling down her cheek.

"It was so good that you’re crying?” Jiyong teased.

Dara quickly wiped her tear, “Neh, it was so beautiful.” Wait, this is a love song…how can he write one if I’m his first girlfriend? She tilted her head in confusion, “how can you write such a beautifully sad love song if you’ve never liked anyone before?”

Everyone’s attention went to Jiyong.

“I thought about this before when I listened to ‘Lies’, but didn’t think too much of it. But this song is also a sad love song…”

“I have liked a girl before,” Jiyong stated bluntly. That’s the truth, even if I can’t remember her face or name. But the feeling is real…

“Hyung, don’t tell me you mean that girl from before?” whined Seungri.

“Girl from before? I thought you guys said that I’m Ji-GD’s first girlfriend?” said Dara almost forgetting that they went by stage names here.

Jiyong gave Seungri a look that clearly said, why did you bring that up? “It’s really nothing. It was a girl from a while ago…” Jiyong said, not wanting to say anything more on the subject.

Seungri went up to Dara and took her hands into his, “Since you’ll probably know sooner or later, sooner would be better, right? Hyung liked, maybe even loved, a girl ten years ago, but she stepped on his heart and disappeared without a trace. Imagine that, ten years later and he’s still thinking of her. Isn’t that horrible?”

Dara’s eyes widened. Ten years ago?

 

 

 

A/N: Hello! I realized that i can write these in different colors! O: Yeah...i'm a bit of a dumb dumb...anyways. Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting, i really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

So, what really happened 10 year ago? ;D Until next time! I will try to update as soon as I can! :D