Ch. 9: Jealousy

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

          Waking up excitedly, Yoona walks to the bathroom—wash up and changes into nice and confortable clothes. Walking back to her room, she double-checks her things, making sure she doesn’t forget anything. Carrying her bag on her shoulder as she walks out of her room and see Taecyeon exciting his room with his backpack in his right hand.

            “Morning oppa.” Yoona happily greeted him.

            Wretchedly looking at her for a bit, Taecyeon let go of his doorknob and walks down the stairs. Yoona was confusedly watches him for a second before she follows down the stairs into the kitchen where Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im is waiting at the dining table. They smiles at them.

            “Got everything you need in your bag?” Mr. Ok asked.

Yoona happily nodded before she and Taecyeon take a seat across each other. Mrs. Im places a bowl of rice in front of Yoona then another in front of Taecyeon.   

            “So I heard you met a handsome man at the all on yesterday.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Taecyeon jealous rise in him as he silent eat. Yoona snatch a quick glance at Taecyeon before answering Mr. Ok.

            “He’s a friend of mine.” Said Yoona nervously.

            “A friend?” Mr. Ok raised his eyes suspiciously. “How long have you known him?” he asked.

            “Since I was in junior high.” Said Yoona. “He and I attended the same high school, but he graduated before I was a 9th grader.”

            “So how did you know each other if he graduated before you even enter high school?” Mr. Ok asked again.

            “He was one of the teacher assistance.” Yoona explained. “In that class, I had trouble understanding the teacher lecture, so he explains everything to me at the end of class. Eventually, he became my tutor.”

            “Wow, very nice of him.” Mr. Ok praised. “I would like to meet him one day.” he smiles at Yoona.

            Yoona nervously smiles as she looks at Mr. Ok and Taecyeon.

            “That’s what I told yesterday.” Mrs. Im added. “Yoona has a crush on him.”

            Taecyeon trying hard not to get angry as he eat. Yoona feeling uncomfortable as she try to swallow her foods.

            “Jjinja??” Mr. Ok said in surprise. “Well, I have to meet this soon to be son-in-law.” Mr. Ok .

            Taecyeon put down his chopstick and stand up. Yoona shockingly looks at him.

            He grabbed his backpack, “I’m done. I’ll be taking leave.” Said Taecyeon with a light bowed before he walks away from the table.

            “Taecyeon-ah, wait. Yoona is still not done with hers.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Taecyeon stopped without turning around. “I’m walking. She can stay until she finish.” Said Taecyeon coldly.

            “It’s cold outside. Why do you like to walk so much? I bought you a car so you can use it more often, not just parking it in the garage all the time.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Taecyeon hesitate to answer his father as he gripped his right hand tightly into a ball.

            “Taecyeon oppa, I come with you.” Yoona offered company.

            “No.” Taecyeon rejected before she can grab her bag. “Appa will take you. I want to be alone.”

            Taecyeon leave the room—the house before anybody can say another words to him. Yoona sadly looks at the ground.

            “Just ignore him. He’s always like this.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Yoona force a smile on his face. “I know.” She softly said. “You told me this on the first day.”

            Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im resume eating and talking like nothing have happen while Yoona worriedly think about Taecyeon.

            After leaving the house, Taecyeon was able to calm his burning heart down a little. Inhaling and exhaling deeply a couple times, he looks at the sky as he walks in the street. Beep. Beep. Suddenly a car stopped in front of him. The tint window slowly sliding down, he recognizes the face in the car.

            “Hey, long time we haven’t seen each other.”

            “It’s not that long, only a month.” Said Taecyeon.

            “Anyway, I was going to come get you knowing that you don’t drive your car often, but luckily I see you here.”

            “You could have just gone to school, Seulong.”

            “Yah, what are brothers for man? We help each other out.” Said Seulong happily. “Come on, get in the car.”

            “I’m fine with walking.” Taecyeon bluntly said.

            “Taec, it’s nearly 15 degrees below. It’s freezing as hell.” Seulong tries to convince him. “Just get in the car.”

            Taecyeon hesitate as he looks at the streets.

            “Seriously dude? If I get a ticket, I’m going to blame you and make the police think we’re gay because I’m waiting for a guy to get in my car.” Seulong jokingly said.

            Successfully hitting his nerve, Taecyeon annoying get in his car. Seulong proudly smiles as he nod his head. Seulong step on the gas pedal and drove to the university. Fifteen minutes later, they arrive at Seoul University parking lot. Taecyeon trapped in a nonstop talking Seulong’s car finally escape. Stepping out of his car, he wears his backpack on his shoulders. Seulong quickly catches up with him.

            “Yah, you could at least wait.” Said Seulong.

            “You talk to much.” Said Taecyeon dully.

            “It’s no the first day you know me. We’ve been like brother since we were in elementary school.” Seulong smiles as he rest his long arm on Taecyeon shoulder.

            “Don’t remind me or I might regret.” Said Taecyeon. “I can still remember it clearly.”

            Seulong happily smiles as he enjoys annoying Taecyeon. Walking up the stairs to the entrance when suddenly someone honks at them. Taecyeon and Seulong turn around and see Mr. Ok SUV driving up to them. Yoona the passenger door and step out of the car.

            “Who is she?” Seulong noisily asked. “Why is she walking out of your dad car?”

            Mr. Ok pressed the passenger window button door, remotely rolling down the window.

            “Hi Seulong.” Mr. Ok greeted him.

            Seulong quickly bowed to Mr. Ok. “Annyoung Mr. Ok.”

            “It’s good to see you again.” Mr. Ok smiles.

            “It’s good to see you again too.” Seulong replied. “So this is…?” He looks at Yoona.

            “My daughter.” Mr. Ok answered.

            Yoona bowed politely to Seulong. “Hi, I’m Im Yoona.” She introduced herself to Seulong.

            “Cool, same last name as me.” Seulong happily said.

            Taecyeon annoying glared at him.

            “You and Taecyeon take good care of her, okay? This is her only second week here at Seoul.” Said Mr. Ok.

            “Yes sir.” Seulong said energetically.

            Mr. Ok gave them one last smile before remotely scrolling the window up and drive away.

            Seulong turn his attention at Taecyeon, “I didn’t know you had a sister.” He said.

            “I don’t.” Taecyeon coldly answered. “Her mom remarried to my dad.”

            Seulong understandably nodded, “Oh okay, I get it now.” He said. Happily holding his hand out in front of Yoona, “I’m Seulong.” He friendly introduced himself to her. “Taecyeon’s awesome friend.” He confidently said.

            Yoona shook Seulong hand for a second before letting go. “This really surprises me. I thought Taecyeon oppa doesn’t have any friends at all.” She said.

            “He doesn’t. He only has me.” Seulong confidently said. “But he also have a lot of girls chasing after him.”

            Yoona was slightly jealousy hearing how much girls at Seoul University girls likes him. Taecyeon coldly turn around and walk into the building.

            “Just ignore him. He’s always like this to everyone.” Said Seulong.

            Yoona smiles, “I know. Appa told me the thing you just said.” She said.  

            Seulong and Yoona walk into the building and to their lockers. Entering the crowded halls with people happily chatting and laughing on each side, Yoona stop at the center of the hall to her left, She walks to her locker. Taecyeon and Seulong’s lockers are couple lockers down, near the entrance-exit door.

            “You have a pretty sister.” Seulong praised.

            Taecyeon angrily grinned his teeth, trying to ignore Seulong.

            “I should get to know her more.” Said Seulong, smiling brightly.

            Taecyeon slammed his locker shut, “Would you shut up?” He furiously said.

            Seulong raises his two hands up, frighten by his tone. “I was just kidding. No need to get mad.” He said. Taecyeon looks away, cooling down his temperature. “Anyway, what’s your first class?” He asked.

            “Business.” Taecyeon answered.

            “Awesome.” Seulong happily jump. “What’s your second, third, and fourth, wait just gave me your schedule paper.” Taecyeon handed over his scheduling to Seulong. “Dude, we have same classes. All of them.” He excitedly said.

            “You got to be kidding me right?” Taecyeon sighed hopelessly. Looking to his left, he sees Yoona talking to a girl happily.

            “Wow, I never knew I would see you here.”

            “I know right. When did you get here?” Yoona asked.

            “A month after we graduated.”

            “This is so great.” Said Yoona in joy. “Sooyoung-ah, I also met Siwon oppa too.”

            Sooyoung eyebrows rise in surprise. “Really, where? When?” She asked.

            “Yesterday at COEX Mall.” Said Yoona.

            “This is so awesome.” Sooyoung smiles happily. “We can all meet and have lunch or dinner together just like a reunion.” She happily claps her hand, suddenly she stop. “Anyway, where do you live?? Are you here for schooling just like me” She asked.

            “I’m here with my new family.” Said Yoona.

            “New family?” Sooyoung puzzlingly looked at her.

            Yoona nodded. She turned and looked down the hall where Taecyeon is standing. “He’s my step-brother.” She felt uneasy introducing Taecyeon to Sooyoung from distant.

            “Wow he’s really hot.” Sooyoung eyes widen with smirk on her face. “I thought Siwon oppa was hot, but your step-brother is hotter.”

            Yoona jealously closed her locker. “What class do you have?” She changes the subject.

            “Writing, Theater I for today. Tomorrow I have Theater II and Math.” Said Sooyoung. “What about you?”

            “Cultural, Theater I. Tomorrow I have Theater II and Writing.” Said Yoona.

            Sooyoung jump in joy, “We have two classes together.” She excitedly said. “Oh my god.” She spoke in English. “Can this get any better?” She said in Korean again.

            Seeing how happy Sooyoung is makes her joyful. Suddenly people start to steps away from the center of the hall and looks at the entrance door. Yoona and Sooyoung follow the crowds and sees three young beautiful in fancy clothes enter the building and down the halls. Men put their hand at their chin while checking them ladies out. Ladies enviously whispered to each other. Looks back at the ladies, she recognizes one of them.

            “Yuri?” Yoona whispered.

            Sooyoung blankly looked at Yoona, “You know her?” She asked.

            Yoona nodded, “Yes, she’s Taecyeon’s cousin. I met her a couple days. We went camping together.” She said.

            “Wow, you have a pretty step-cousin. She looks very fancy and rich.” Sooyoung said enviously.

            Yoona flash a nervous smile before turning her attention to Taecyeon, who shows a careless expression.

            “Here comes your woman, Bae Suzy.” Seulong teased Taecyeon.

            Taecyeon give him a glared. The ladies stop in front of Taecyeon and Seulong. Suzy seductively looks at Taecyeon. She takes a couple steps closer to him with smiles. Yoona jealously watch.

            “Hi oppa.” Suzy greeted him. “I miss you. Did you miss me?” She seductively said, trailing her fingers from his chest up. Taecyeon take a step back. Slightly disappointed, Suzy take a step forward. “What’s wrong?”

            Gyuri and Yuri were annoyed by Suzy ways of trying to seduce Taecyeon.

            “Stop.” Taecyeon dully said. “You’re causing attention.”

            “So what?” Suzy carelessly said. “Just ignore them. Anyway, can you me to my locker?” She links her arms around Taecyeon right arm. 

            Yoona immediately looks away; she was hurt and jealous.

            Taecyeon withdraw his arm. “You can go by yourself.” He coldly said before he walks away. Seulong smiles at the girls before rush over to Taecyeon.

            Suzy madly exhale as she watch Taecyeon walks away.

            “Wow your step-brother is really popular with rich girls.” Said Sooyoung.

            Jealously and sadly, Yoona walks away from the crowd.

 

To be continue…………………………….