Ch. 16: A coincident or on purpose

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           The whole entire day, Yoona have not talk or even looks at Taecyeon once after she replied to his message. It was uncomfortable and thwart not having Yoona bothering him anymore. Though he have told her, may be more than a dozen, that he does not like her bothering him or care for him, but it was a lied. He want her to keep bothering, demanding him, and getting mad at him, because it was the only he can have all of her attention. Yet, today is different. Not a singles word or any interaction. He tried to get to her, talk to her, and call her, but she have been avoiding him, ignoring everything that have to do with as if he was some monster. Failing time after time, Taecyeon became more impatient and irritated, even though all of this happens today. He waited for her in the front of the school entrance after noon was over, but do not see her anywhere after standing there for nearly three hours. Having to follow him and watching him, Seulong notice something different about Taecyeon. He have never seen Taecyeon act like this before. It really confuses him just trying to understand what Taecyeon is doing.

            Having to played hide-and-seek all day, the two finally meet at the theater, but is separated by their duties. Taecyeon on the right side of the backstage room with Yoona on the left side of the room, he glances at her like a one-sided love. With only 30 minutes before the guest waited patiently in lines, waiting for their ticket to be check by the staffs before seated. Yoona was in the backstage along with her teams, fixing the dancers costumes. Taecyeon walks up to one of the staff and quietly whispered to him. It caught Yoona attention seeing Taecyeon standing by the left wall waiting for the staff to come back. Taecyeon glances over at Yoona and caught her immediately looking away.

             Taecyeon strolls to her.” Yoona.” He called from behind.

            Yoona stopped when she heard his voice.

            “Can I talk to you in private for a moment?” He asked.

            With her back still facing him, “I’m busy right now, later.” Yoona lied.

            “It’s just a word.” Taecyeon insist, looking at her from the back.

            Yoona bite her bottom lip, hesitating to answer his request. The staff came back a first-aid box in his hands. The staff gives it to Taecyeon before he resumes his duties. He looks back at Yoona direction, but only to see her gone. The musical show begin, will Taecyeon directing behind the stage this time while Mr. Ok monitors the lights, speakers, and curtain. Having to guide the dancer to the stage at the right moment, he caught Yoona on the other side of the room helping her team with the costumes. Taecyeon looks back at the stage, checking the dancers and orchestra status before he hurriedly walks over to Yoona—grabbed her hand—and pulls her with him out of the backstage room into the stairway. The staffs were speechless and confused as they watch Taecyeon drags Yoona out of the room.

            “Taecyeon oppa!” Yoona shockingly yet loudly shouted at him as she tries to free her wrist from his grip.

            Taecyeon continues to grab her wrist tightly till the door close and Yoona fiercely swung her arm, breaking his grip, she angry look at him.

            “Why did you pull me in here?” Yoona angry spoke, narrowing her eyebrows together 

            “I wanted to know why are you ignoring me?” Taecyeon frustrated asked. “ I don’t like it when you act so different in just one day.”

            “Because there’s nothing left for me to say to you.” Yoona tried to be cold.

            Taecyeon paused for a second as he hurtfully looked at her. “Nothing?” He repeated.

            Yoona gulp and looks away from his hurtful eyes. “Nothing.” She said.

            “Even after I confess to you?”

            Yoona stay silent as she looks to the side.

            “Look at me.” Taecyeon angrily said. Yoona repel. “Look at me!”

            His shouted startles her, having all her attention; he angrily looks at her.

            “Are you rejecting me?” Taecyeon voices trembles.

            Yoona keep shut, fearing if she open she would say words that should not be say.

            “You told me you like me.” Taecyeon spoke loudly. “You told me you care about me.”

            “I do.” Yoona finally spoke.

            “Then why are you rejecting me?” Taecyeon asked.       

            Yoona hesitate to answer, fighting herself from telling him the truth.

            “Is it because of Siwon?” Taecyeon assumed as he grip his fists tightly. “Is it?!” Taecyeon raised his voice again.

            Though she startle a little when Taecyeon mention his name, but is happy to see him jealous, yet she cannot expressed this happiness and remain silent instead.

            “You can’t do this to me. You can’t treat me like after I open myself to you.” Taecyeon grabbed onto her upper arms. “You can’t do this to me after I confessed to you. You can’t…”

            “Oppa….”

            “Why are you doing this to me?”

            “Why do you like me?”

            “Because you made me like this. You made me like you. You did it, you succeed but why aren’t you accepting me now?” Taecyeon filled with mix emotion—sad—hurt—pain. He feels it all as he looks at her.

            Looking into his eyes, she sees waters at the cliff of his eyes, ready to drop at any moment. It aches her heart seeing him saddens because of her vague mind. Pushing his hands away, she turns around and walks to the door. She reached her right hand out—grab the doorknob—and twist to the right, she open the door. Taecyeon dash to her light lightning, close the door shut again, and push her back against the door; he presses his lips on hers. Yoona’s eyes widen in shock to his daring act. Her mind want to fight, but her heart wants to respond. Somehow, her lips automatically respond without her permission. Taecyeon take a brave step forward as his hands remain at her waist. Yoona took control of herself again, fighting herself to make a decision; she pressed her hands against his shoulder, pushing it back as much as she can with all her strength. Shoving her hands against his chest repeatly, she successfully pushed him away from and covers her lips with her right hand. Yoona grab onto the doorknob, open the door and run back into the room, leaving Taecyeon standing alone in the stairway

            “I’m not giving up. You have to take responsibility for making me like this. You have too.” Taecyeon determinedly said.

            Yoona touches her lips as she walks back to the stage room. Her cheeks roses red as her heart beats outrageously fast. “I can’t fall in love with him.” She repeats inside her head. Shaking her head a couple times, she rushes back to her group.

* * *

            Thursday night, Yoona and Siwon cruised in Myeongdong city along with other young couples in the street. Playing street games, snacking at the food shack, they enjoy their date. Taecyeon have been following them from the back, watching Siwon every moves. Seulong just cluelessly follow Taecyeon.

            “Taec, what are we doing here?” Seulong asked. “We’ve been walking. I’m hungry.” He whined.

            “Just go along with me.” Said Taecyeon despondently. “You’re big guy, you won’t died.”

            “I won’t but my stomach will.” Seulong rubs his right hand at his stomach. “By the way, I feel like we are following someone. Didn’t you say you want to hang out, get some fresh air?” He curiously asked.

            Taecyeon irritatedly sighed, “Yah, stop asking. We are hanging out.” He said. Taecyeon suddenly stop and turn around.

            Seulong looks passed Taecyeon shoulder, he sees Yoona with Siwon. A big grin flashed across his face as he looks at Taecyeon. “Oh I get it.” He nodded his head.

            Taecyeon looks at him confusedly. “What?” He asked.

            “You’re following Yoona right?” Seulong confidently said. “Don’t even think about lying, I know you are.”

            Taecyeon annoyingly looks away for a second before he turn around and sees Yoona walking with Siwon into an outdoor café shop. He stood by the convenience store, watching Yoona smiles happily with Siwon.

            “You like her huh?” Seulong said with a grin.

            Taecyeon ignore him as he continues to watch her.

            Seulong fake a hopeless sighed as he rest his right hand on Taecyeon’s shoulder. “One-sided love hurts a lot Taec.” He said.  

            “Shut up.” Taecyeon coldly said.

            “I’m just saying. If it is really a one-sided love, then you got to do it correct.” Said Seulong.

            Taecyeon puzzlingly looks at Seulong, unsure of what he meant by ‘doing it correct.’ Seulong wrapped his right arm around Taecyeon, dragging him the first five feet before pulling his arm back. They walk over to the bar next to the café shop. Asking the hostess to seats them outside instead of inside; she happily them.

            “Why are we here?” Taecyeon asked.

            “To get a better view.” Seulong smiles. “Just be quiet, I’ll do the talking.” He whispered to him.

            “A better view? What the…” Taecyeon stop when he sees Yoona upsetly yet surprise to see him at Myeongdong city. He gulps nervously as he looks directly at her.

            “Here is your table, I’ll sent your waiter over soon.” Said the hostess.

            “Okay, honey.” Seulong flirty said as he wave good-bye to her.

            Taking a seat facing the open crowded seat, Seulong pulled Taecyeon next to him, directing Taecyeon direction to Yoona’s table.

            Acting like nothing happen, Seulong looks over at Yoona’s table and smiles. “Oh annyoung Yoona.” He happily waves at her and Siwon.

            Yoona gives a nervous smile at Seulong then a frown at Taecyeon, who looks out in the street.

            “What a coincident to see you here?” Said Seulong sitting two tiles away with a small black fence blocking the free pathway to each other tables.

            “Yeah, what a coincident.” Yoona upsetly said as she stares at Taecyeon.

            “So what are you doing here?” Seulong continues to speak, “Are you on a date?” He looks over at Siwon then back at Yoona.

            Siwon flashes a sweet happy smile as an answer to him.

            “Just hanging out with old friend.” Said Yoona uncomfortably.

            “Oh that’s nice.” Seulong lightly and playfully nodded his head. “Just ignore us. We are here for a drink, we will be leaving soon.” Said Seulong.

            Yoona nervously smiles at him before looking angrily glaring at Taecyeon. A waitress come to the table, she seductively smiles at Taecyeon and Seulong. “So how can I help you pretty boy?” She friendly said.

            “Two Cass beers, please.” Seulong politely said. “And maybe a your phone number.” He flirty looks at her.

            The waitress shyly smiles because giving him a wink and walks away with the orders written down in her mini notebook.

            “Wow, a lot of pretty girl tonight.” Seulong elbow Taecyeon lightly in his arm. “Spot yourself any pretty girls tonight?” Speaking loudly, trying to get Yoona attention to their table.

            Yoona secretly glance at Taecyeon, hoping he’s not doing what Seulong have asked him to do. The waitress came back with two beers on her tray then places it in front of them before sliding the one napkin in front of Seulong and the second napkin in front of Taecyeon. She flirty smiles at them before walking back to the bar. Picking up the napkins, Seulong smiles happily as he handed one to Taecyeon.

            “It looks like you don’t need to look for one. Somebody have offer themselves to you.” Seulong as he hold the second napkin with numbers in front of Taecyeon’s eyes.

            Taecyeon grabbed the napkin off Seulong hand and looks at the numbers written on it. He looks over at the bar and sees a girl in brunette hair next to the girl Seulong had flirt with early, wink at him. Yoona caught it and jealously looks at him, wanting him to turn his head away from the bar. Seulong snatch a quick glance at Yoona as he hold the beer up to his lip to hide his smiles.

            “So it’s not a one-sided love, but more of two-sided love.” Seulong whispered inside his head. “It seem like there’s something going on between Taecyeon and Yoona.” He took a sip of beer before putting it back down on the table.

            “What are you doing?” Taecyeon asked quietly as he picks up his beer bottle and drink it.

            “Just helping you out bro. If your love is return.” Said Seulong calmly and excitedly. “Flirt with somebody. Call the brunette girl a call.”

            “You are so dead with me.” Taecyeon coldly said looking out the street.

            Seulong could only smiles as he drinks his beer.

            “Are you cold?” Siwon asked.

            Yoona put her hot chocolate cup down on the table and shook her head no. “I’m fine. It’s not that cold tonight.” She unhappily said.

            “What’s wrong?” Siwon asked after noticing her voice have changed.

            Yoona inhale deeply, “It is beautiful tonight.” She changed the subject as she looks up at the sky, seeing few stars.

            Siwon warmly smiles as he also looks up at the sky. “Yes it is. Just like back in Tokyo.” He purposely mentions the past to her. “Do you remember watching the stars with me?” He looks at her.

            Taecyeon grind his teeth and grips his fists tightly as he glances at Siwon.

            Yoona nodded her head lightly, “Yes I remember.” She said.

            “Then do you remember what you say to me?” Siwon continues.

            Yoona paused, recalling the past. “Stars are beautiful and warm tonight, just like Siwon oppa. I like this feeling.” Somehow this image is substituted with the vivid memories of her and Taecyeon sitting under the tree and looking up at the sky. “I like it here. I like being with you. You make me feel warm and safe.”  Uncertain to why she’s thinking about it, but she definitely feels warm and happy. Yoona happily continues to recall all the happy memories she had with Taecyeon even though it was a short happy moment.

            A quick glance at Taecyeon before she answer Siwon. “I remember.”

            Siwon sighed in relief with sly smiles down at the table. “I thought you would forget.” He smiles lightly.

            Yoona sadly looks at her cup of hot chocolate; suddenly many flashback of Taecyeon filled her head. Taecyeon glances at her after he took a sip of his beer. His views are block by a girl with a familiar face and smiles. Seulong chokes on his beer, putting his bottle down on the table and coughing a couple times.

            “What are you doing here?” Taecyeon asked.

            “I came to give you your late birthday present.” Said Suzy, taking a seat in front of him. She gently slides a small long box over to him before letting go. “Happy late birthday.”

            “Taecyeon oppa, open it.” Yuri excitedly said.

            “You will like it.” Gyuri added.

            Seulong weirdly looks at them, “How did you girls know we’re here?” He asked.

            “It’s not that hard. A couple friend told us you two are here at the bar.” Gyuri answered him.

            “Or you’re just stalking us.” Seulong added.

            Yuri and Gyuri glare at him.

            “Anyway, open the box.” Seulong excited wanting to see what Suzy got him.

            Taecyeon looks at Suzy then pass her shoulder and sees Yoona fully directing her attention to him. He looks down the box—hold it up—and take the lid off, he sees a pen with his name printed on it in gold.

            “I hope you like it.” Said Suzy with hope.

            Seulong took the pen out of the box and analysis it closely. “Wow this is a nice pen. It must worth a lot.” He said.

            Taecyeon emotionlessly took the pen back and put it back in the box before returning it back to her. “You shouldn’t.” He said.

            Suzy sadly looks at him. “It’s worth it.” She said. “You finally accepted me. So I wanted this to be a special gift for you.” She pushed the box back to him. “Please accept this gift.”

            Taecyeon hesitate for moment. Looking at Yoona, who is pretending to ignore him, and then back at Suzy, who is anxiously waiting for him to accept her gift for the first time.

            “Just take it. You did give her a chance after all.” Said Seulong.

            Taecyeon exhale deeply before he takes the box, “Thank you.” He quietly said.

            Suzy happily smiles and peck his cheek. “Thank you Taecyeon oppa.” She slyly looks down.

            Yoona jealously jolt up after seeing Taecyeon motionlessly sitting there letting Suzy plant a kiss on his cheek.

            “Siwon oppa, lets’ go somewhere else. I feel suffocated here.” Yoona upsetly said.

            “Umm…ok.” Siwon bewildereddly stuttered. He takes out his wallet and left cash under the drinks before leaving with Yoona.

             Taecyeon helplessly watches her walks away with Siwon. He wanted to go after her, but with Suzy and her girls at the table; he is lock at the table.

            “Sorry bro.” Seulong whispered to him. “I didn’t know they would be here also.”

            Taecyeon miserable chug the bottle of beer down his throat.

* * *

            An hour later, Siwon drop Yoona off at the Ok’s resident. Taecyeon walks out from the dark up the hill to the house. He stop when he sees Siwon talking to Yoona in front of his dad house.

            “Good-night.” Said Yoona pleasantly.

            Siwon shyly smiles as he wave at her, “Good-night. Thank you for coming with me tonight.” He said. He gave her a hug before walking to across the car to the driver side.

            Yoona just smiles as she watches him step into the car and drives away. Yoona turn her body around, but only to stop 180 degrees when she sees Taecyeon standing under a streetlight intensely looking at her. Her eyes travels down to his right hand and sees him holding onto Suzy’s gift. Yoona jealously grabbed onto her purse handles, nervously digging her nails into the leather material. Jealously and unhappily looking at each other out in the cold night, Taecyeon take a step forward. Seeing him walking up to her, the image of Suzy giving him a peck on his cheek and him ruining her date with Siwon angers her. Yoona furiously walks into the house before he gets to her.    

To be continue……………………