Ch. 12: A Threat

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           On the road to school, in Taecyeon’s car, it was quiet. Secretly glancing at Yoona, he knew she was mad at him for being a jerk last night. But to her, it’s not important, however, what’s bothering her is why he kept the bandage she wrote ‘I love you’ on it. It really confuses and frustrates her.

            “Should I ask him?” Yoona questioned herself inside her head. “He won’t answer me. He hardly does anyway. That stubborn and arrogant head of this really get on my nerve. But I really want to know why he kept it? And his mom bracelet?

             Taecyeon arrived at school with Yoona sitting on the passenger side. He drove into the parking lot and parked near the entrance of the building.

            “Here is the design for the stage theme.” Yoona take out of papers and hand it to him before she walks out of the car. A quick glance at the papers before he heard the passenger door shut. Quickly he gets out of the car and sprint to her—he grabbed her left wrist and turn her around to face him.  

            “I kept it because…” He hesitates, finding it difficult to explain to her. “… Because it's cute.” He only gave her part of the reasons. “So don’t think wrong.” He nervously looks away.

            Yoona looks up at him. “I’m not.” She lied. “But I do want to know why you gave your mother’s bracelet to me.”

            “I told you the answer already.” He let go of her wrist.

            “You didn’t tell me anything. Even if it was only action that speak, its still does not considers an answer.” Yoona unhappily said.  

            “If you don’t like it. You can return it to me.” Taecyeon spoke with no eyes contact. Though he told her to return it, but deep inside of him, he was hoping she would not actually listen to him and keep his mom bracelet.

            “I didn’t say I don’t like it. I just said I wanted to know why?” Yoona clarified. Taecyeon stay silent. Yoona unhappily pouted at him. “Are you really that stubborn? Is giving me a reason that hard?” She angrily asked him. However, he would not answer her. “This is the first time I’ve been this angry at somebody. I’m usually cheerful and uplifting, but because of you, I feel frustrated. I’m always worried if I would ever succeed in opening you up or make it worst. You are really confuses me.”

            “You’re doing it slowly.” Taecyeon interrupt her. Yoona stop and looks at him confusedly. She could see the tense in him, moving his head back and forth; he was telling her the truth. “You’re opening me slowly.” He words surprises her. “There, are you happy?” Taecyeon irritatedly walks away.

            Yoona stood like a statue—surprise and speechless by him. Did she mishear him? Or did he just admit to her? Happy that he admitted to her, it gives her more hope to see the new him. Yoona quickly turns around and run up to him and blocks him.

            Blocking his road with her body and arms spread wide apart. “We are not done talking.” Said Yoona.

            “What more do you want?” Taecyeon irritatedly asked. “I gave you my answer already.”

            “How can you change you expression so fast? I’m the one that should be mad at you, not the other way around.” Yoona pouted. Her chest rising up and down heavily as they have a staring contest standing in the parking lot. Somehow, just looking at his cold face brought back warm memories to her. Suddenly snowfalls from above, looking up the sky she have the urge to have a cup of hot chocolate. “I want a hot chocolate.” She smiles.

            Taecyeon surprisingly yet confusingly looks at her. “Wh—what?”

            “You ask me what I want, so I gave you my answer. I’m cold. I want a hot chocolate, like the first day we met.” She happily said.

            Taecyeon blankly standing there, Yoona happily head into the building. Seulong walks up to him after Yoona enter the building. He swung his long arm over Taecyeon shoulder.

            “Hey, what’s up man?” Seulong said. “What were you and Yoona talking about?” He noisily asked.

            Taecyeon turned his head to Seulong, giving him cold glares. “None of your business.” He said.

            “Okay. Jeez. Morning madness.” Seulong murmured. “Anyway, what are you holding in your hands?” He asked before he snatches it out of Taecyeon hand. “Wow, this is really nice. Who drew this?” He asked. Taecyeon snatch Yoona’s drawing back. “It is Yoona?” He guessed. Taecyeon stay silent and put the paper in his backpack before he walk to the doors. “Yah! Wait for me.” Seulong shouted as he sprint to Taecyeon.

            Seulong went to class first, sitting alone at a round table. Shortly, Yoona and Sooyoung enter class smiling and talking happily. Seulong wave his hands at the girls, telling her to come join him at the table. Sooyoung happily did while Yoona looks for Taecyeon in the room. Sooyoung drag Yoona over to Seulong’s table, however, got cut off by Suzy, Yuri, and Gyuri. The three of them took a seat at Seulong’s table, leaving one empty seat left. Seulong annoyingly looks at them.

            “Who told you girls that you could sit here?” Seulong rudely said.       

            “It’s empty.” Said Suzy. “You’re alone, so we came to join you. Anyway, isn’t it better to have us beautiful girls join you than some poor and new s, who doesn’t know their status and dare to appear in front of you and Taecyeon oppa.” She deviously smiles as her words aims at Yoona and Sooyoung. “Taecyeon oppa is coming later right?” she asked.

            Seulong chuckles lightly. Yoona drags Sooyoung to another table on the other side of the room.

            “Yah! Yah! Why did you drag me over here? I seriously really want to slap them.” Sooyoung angrily snarls. “How dare she call us s? Aishi!! Seriously, just because her family has money and we are newcomer. They are really getting on my nerve.”

            “Just let it go.” Yoona said. “We are new. I don’t want any trouble.” Yoona sighed.

            “Yoona!” Sooyoung pout. “You can’t keep being nice. You can’t keep letting people step over you.”

            “I’m not.” Yoona tries to disagree.

            “Yes you are.” Said Sooyoung. “Yoona, I’m your bestfriend. I understand you. You always forgive people when they hurt you.”

            “Sooyoung. Enough.” Said Yoona. “Just sit down if you still see me as your friend.”   

            Sooyoung let out a heavy sighed before she obediently takes a seat. Yoona closed her eyes, erasing Suzy words off her head before she sat beside her.

            Seulong glances over to the other side of the room, spotting where Yoona and Sooyoung sat; he looks back at Suzy and her girls.

            “You really are y. I seriously can’t stand this type of person.” Seulong insulted her. “No wonder, Taecyeon never dated you. I’m glad he didn’t.” Looking at Yuri and Gyuri, he smirked. “You two should really look at yourself because when you think too high, you will fall painfully.” He walks away from the table to Yoona and Sooyoung. 

            Suzy face was fury red.

            “Suzy, are you really going to let him go like that?” Said Gyuri in anger.

            “What do you want to do then? He’s Taecyeon bestfriend. If we mess with him, we mess with Taecyeon. I have face this so many times already, I’m not surrendering till I have Taecyeon.” Suzy obsessively said. Suzy glares over at Yoona’s table with hatred in her eyes.

            Taecyeon walks into the class with a small cup in his right hand. He quickly scans his eyes around the room for Yoona, and spotted her with Sooyoung and Seulong at one table. He walks over to her and places the cup in front of her. Caught by surprise, Yoona looks at him. Seulong smiles and pulls Taecyeon down to a chair in between him and Yoona.

            Seulong forward, resting his chin on Taecyeon shoulder, “Where’s my drink?” Seulong . “How come I don’t get one? I’ve been you friend since elementary school.”

            Taecyeon shook Seulong off his shoulder and flash a glare at him. Yoona warmly smiles as she wraps her hands around the cup. The girls from the other side of the room jealousy watch and envy Yoona.

            “What is it?” Sooyoung nosily asked.

            “Hot chocolate.” Said Yoona before she takes a sip.

            “Be careful, it’s hot.” Taecyeon shyly warned her.

            Seulong spin his index finger inside his left ear—cleaning it as he hope he did not hear wrong. “Did I just hear what Ok Taecyeon have never said before?”

            Taecyeon flash another deadly glares at Seulong, telling him to shut up or there will be consequences.

            “Wow, so jealous of you right now.” Sooyoung said with envy. “Anyway, how is your arm Taecyeon-sshi?” She concernly asked.

            Being mad at him, and baffles by his mother’s bracelet, and the bandage she wrote it for him, took her mind away from his injury left arm.  

            “Oh don’t worry about him. He’s like iron man, nothing can kill him.” Seulong exaggerate.

            “It’s fine.” Taecyeon coldly answered.

            “I want to see your arm.” Yoona kindly asked.

            Taecyeon gave an annoying looks, “I say I’m fine.” He stubbornly said.

            Yoona annoyingly sighed. She grabbed his left hand and pulls it toward her. She carefully rolls his long sleeve up. Looking at his left arm, the blood stains have becomes dry and darken. The bandage is old, he have not change the bandage since last night. Shyly he glances at her and sees the sadness on her face, Taecyeon pulls his arm back. Yoona unhappily looks at him.

            “I’m fine.” Taecyeon ignorantly repeat.

            “That’s good. Thanks for yesterday.” Sooyoung said with gratitude.

            “No problem.” Said Seulong. He turns and looks at Taecyeon. “Do you want me to go find out who was behind this?” He asked.

            The smiles on Yoona face vanish when she overheard Seulong speaking to Taecyeon. Seeing her put the cup down on the table, Taecyeon knew she was unhappy.

            “No.” Taecyeon answered him.

            “Wh—what?” Seulong surprisingly spoke. “Did my ears fail me?” He jokingly said. Taecyeon emotionlessly looks at the table. “Okay, this is just weird.”

            Hyori entered the class with a student following behind her. They stop at the desk at the center front of the class. Looking at the new male student, Seulong eyes widen in surprise.

            “This can’t be serious right? Is this world really that small.” Said Seulong in shock. “Taecyeon, look. It’s him.”

            Lifting his head up, Taecyeon recognizes the male that stood beside Hyori.

            “The guy that attack us yesterday.” Sooyoung shockingly point at him. 

            Looking up at the front, Yoon’s eyes were surprise to see him standing next to Hyori.

            “Though you didn’t ask me to find out who he was, I did a little background check on my own.” Seulong whispered. “He is Park Thunder, son of the Tiger gang leader, Park Dae-ha. He has a long record, a trouble maker of Seoul.”

            “Ommo, he’s here.” Yuri covered in shock. “Did you tell him to come here?”

            Suzy could only smirk as she looks at Thunder. “Nope, but I did know he was planning to come here.”

            “He’s not bad. How come you don’t go after him?” Gyuri asked.

            “My target is Ok Taecyeon, not Park Thunder.” Suzy stated. She glances over at Taecyeon, but annoy by Yoona closeness. “Enjoy your drink for now. Let’s see how you will enjoy the next drink.” Suzy hissed with her arm cross.

            “Annyoung every body, I hope yesterday went well for you.” Hyori smiles “Today, we have a new student. This is Park Thunder. He will be joining us this semester, so please give him a welcoming claps.”

            Every body claps their hand softly except Taecyeon. Staring with his hands grips tightly, he sense something bad will happen.

            “Annyounghaeseyo, I am Park Thunder.” He bowed 90 degree to the class. Looking around the room, he stares straightly at Taecyeon and Yoona.

            The stare may be normal and calm like a friendly stare, but to Taecyeon, it was threat. Thunder’s eyes were sharp and intense. It threatens Taecyeon.

            “Okay, while don’t you grab a seat.” Hyori instructed.

            Thunder start from the right side of the room, he pass Taecyeon’s table and flashed a devil smirk at Taecyeon. Gritting his teeth, Taecyeon glares deadly at the table. Yoona held Taecyeon hand tightly; holding him down, she shook her head lightly. They gaze at each other. Circling around the room, Thunder sat in front of Suzy’s table.

            “Okay, for today classes, we will start with practicing our acts. I will pass the scripts out; you have ten minutes to remember before he head to the stage. We will also have a guest in a couple. So girls, please hold you smiles and control yourself; he’s a pretty boy.” Hyori smiles at the class. “Alright, lets’ start.” Hyori carries a pile of papers in her arms and walks around the class passing out the script.

            With the given times, students tries to remember as much they could before walking over to the auditorium room, next room. Standing under the light on the stage is a tall man with angelic smiles and arms in the back. Yoona and Sooyoung brightly smiles seeing Siwon standing on the stage.

            Unable to control her excitement, she shouts. “Siwon oppa!” Sooyoung happily waves at Siwon.

            “Oh, you girls know him?” Hyori surprisingly asked.

            Yoona and Sooyoung nodded their head. Siwon walks down the stage of to the class. Stop a couple feet away from Yoon and Sooyoung, Siwon flash another handsome smiles.

            “Wow.” The girls whispered enviously. “So handsome.”

            “Annyoung Yoona. Annyoung Sooyoung.” Siwon greeted the girls.

            “That’s great that you three know each other.” Said Hyori. “Class this is Choi Siwon, son of the Grand Hyatt Hotel Chairman, Choi Soo-hyun.

            The class nodded except Taecyeon and Seulong. Taecyeon was completely annoys by Siwon appearance. Seulong had his eyes on the script, trying to remember the lines.

            “Our school work with his family hotel, so when ever we have a show or a musical, we rent their stage.” Hyori explained. “We been in business with them for a decade now.”

            “Yup.” Siwon nodded.

            “You are really handsome.” A female student praised.

            “How old are you?” 2nd female student asked.

            “Do you have a girlfriend?” 3rd female student asked.

            “Can I have you number?” 4th female student asked.

            Siwon smiles. “First of all, thank you. Second, I’m 24. Third, I don’t have a girlfriend.” He said. Sooyoung teasingly looks at Yoona, secretly and lightly elbowing her arm

            Taecyeon caught Yoona’s shy smiles; he jealously walks up to the stage alone. Yoona and Sooyoung mind are pretty occupied with Siwon to notice Taecyeon absent.

            Seeing Taecyeon no longer around, Hyori turn to the stage and see Taecyeon walking to the stage. “Ok Taecyeon.” Hyori called him. “Don’t be so rude, come back here.” She yelled at him.

            Taecyeon reluctantly ignore her as he stand alone in the dark. He stopped and stood below the stage with the script in his hands. A glimpse at Taecyeon, Yoona’s mind and feeling swirls in confusion.

 

To be continue……………………….