Ch. 3: The Cold Taecyeon

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            Looking at the wrapped up arm, suddenly, a smile flash across his face as he stares at the words she wrote to him. The smiles on his face soon disappear when he awaken himself again—cold and lonely. He walks to the door immediately and closed it before he turn around—leaning his back on the door. Rest his left palm at his forehead; he shook his head a couple times, waking himself up.

            “This is just an illusion. It’s not real. She can’t replace your mom.” He reminded himself quietly. “Push it away. Push everything away.”

            He shut his eyes for a second, erasing all her kindness, her caring—all of the resembling of his mom out of his head before he walks to his bed and hopelessly fall on it. In Yoona room, she closed the door behind her—sighed as she walks to her bed and sat herself on it. She took another deep breath before she fall backward onto the bed and looked at the ceiling.

            “This is going to be hard. He’s totally lock himself from everybody around him.” Yoona hopelessly said. “How am I going to open him up? How am I suppose to change?” She sighed again.

            Staring at the ceiling a little longer, both Taecyeon and Yoona shut their eyes, emptying the mind and fall asleep unknowingly.

* * *

            “I feel like Taecyeon doesn’t want me and Yoona to be here.” Said Mrs. Im as she walks up to the bed in their room. “I feel like he doesn’t like us at all.”

            Mr. Ok smiles as he place her luggage on the single couch in their room. “Taecyeon is my son, I understand more than anybody. You may think he’s cold and not wanting you hear, but trust me, he’s really happy that you and Yoona are here.”

            “Maybe, I should go talk to him, get to know him better.” Mrs. Im suggested.

            “No, it’s late now. You should rest and so is the kid.” Said Mr. Ok. “Why are you so eager to know him?”

            “He is my son now, I just want to know him better so I can be a great omma.” Said Mrs. Im. Mr. Ok was please with her answered. “Yoona is around his age, maybe he will open up to her.” Said Mrs. Im with hopes.

            “I hope so, but this arrogant and stubborn 22 years Taecyeon hardly open himself to anybody. It’s going to be hard for Yoona and you. Like I say before, just give him time.” Said Mr. Ok as he walks over to Mrs. Im and sat beside her. “Don’t sibling shares things with each other?” He asked. Mrs. Im nodded. “They are brother and sister, so maybe it will happen.” He said with confident.

            “I really hope so. I really hope Yoona can open him up. I really hope he can accept me, and most important, Yoona.” She sighed. Mr. Ok just gives her a firm smile, patting her right shoulder lightly.

            “How about a family camp trip?” Mr. Ok suggested. “Best way to get the family together and open up.” Mrs. Im happily nodded, “Though I have asked Taecyeon many times, but he never say yes to one.”

            “I’ll get Yoona to make him go.” Said Mrs. Im, “Like she did today.”

            “Alright, we go camping before Yoona start school again.” Said Mr. Ok. “I’ll have all her information send to the university first thing in the morning.”

            “Thank you yobo.” Said Mrs. Im kindly.

            “Not a problem. She’s my daughter after all.” Said Mr. Ok.

* * *

            The sunrise, the light shines through the curtain of every room in the house. It’s a start of a new day. Yoona was already awake and down in the kitchen with her mom, helping her with breakfast. Mr. Ok exits his room and head to the kitchen with a case in his right hand. Seeing mother and daughter behind the counter, he put his black suitcase on the couch before walking to the kitchen.

            “What are you ladies making?” Mr. Ok asked.

            “Traditional Korean Breakfast.” Mrs. Im answered.

            Mr. Ok lightly nodded his head then looked at the entrées nicely neat on the plates. He was astounds how much they have make for just breakfast.

            “This is all omma. I just came to help.” Yoona giving the credits to her mom.

            “You don’t know how to cook?” Mr. Ok asked.

            Yoona shook her head no. “Not really. Just the basic, like rice and samgyupsal and maybe fried chicken.” She embarrassedly said.

            “That’s good already.” Said Mr. Ok. “Don’t worry, Taecyeon or omma can teach you how to cook.”

            Yoona was slightly shock to hear Taecyeon know how to cook. “Taecyeon oppa knows how to cook?” she asked.

            Mr. Ok nodded as he tried the beef ribs. “And is very good at it. Maybe one day, I’ll ask him to cook dinner for you.” He said.

            “Where did he learn how to cook?” Mrs. Im asked.

            “He taught himself. Most of the thing he knows are all self-taught.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Mrs. Im smiles, “Yoona, why don’t you go call Taecyeon up?” she asked a favored.

            “Okay.” Yoona happily said.

            She clean her hands at the sink—dries it before heading up the stairs to his room. She knocks a couple times and patiently waited. No answer for 2 minutes, she knocks again and again. Still no answer, she decided to open the door and sees him putting on his shirt. Taecyeon turn around with his shirt at his neck after he heard the door to his room open. Yoona’s eyes jolt wide, surprises by what she sees in front of her. Her cheek rose red like fresh cherry pick out of the trees. Blushing as she stood and stares at his perfect chisels abs, tone chest, and fines define muscles; she quickly turn around, hiding her blushing face.

            “Sorry, I didn’t mean to…well, I knock your door, but you didn’t answered, so I thought you were still asleep.” Said Yoona nervously.

            Taecyeon finished putting on his shirt before walking up to her. “I don’t answer knocks.” He said in a cold tone before he walk pass her to the stair. He stopped, “Don’t ever come into my room again.” Stonily he walks down the stair.

            She pout at first because of the attitude he gave her, but soon touches her cheek, still feeling the hot burning heat in her. Fanning herself with her hands, she was able to cool herself down a little.

            “He seriously—…arg.” Yoona grumble. “Yesterday he show a caring and warm side out in the snow, but then the next day he become a jerk.”

            Pout for a little bit, she walks down the stairs into the kitchen and sat at the dinning table across from Taecyeon. She notices his gauzes are different from what she put on him last night.

            “What happen to your arms?” Mrs. Im concernly asked.

            “Nothing.” Taecyeon gave a short answered. Mr. Ok elbowed his left arm, signaling him to answer her nicely. “Just a bruise. It’s not a big deal.” He spoke in a nicely tone to Mrs. Im.

            “Did you apply pain reliever?” Mrs. Im concernly asked.

            Taecyeon shot a quick glance at Yoona then down at the bow of his rice and nodded.

            “Are you still in pain? Do you want me to go get you medicine?” Mrs. Im asked.

            Taecyeon did not answered, just quietly eating. Mrs. Im stood and was about to walk to the top counter, but Taecyeon did not let it happen. He grabbed her wrist, “I’m fine.” He said. “Please sit and eat.”

            Mrs. Im nervously yet happily smiles as she looked at Taecyeon then Mr. Ok. She nodded and sat back on the chair. The four of them continues their breakfast.

            “We’re going camping the end of this week, two days from today.” Mr. Ok announced. “Yuri will be joining us.”

            “It will be nice, since this is the first I ever go camping.” Said Mrs. Im. “A family camping is a great way to bond.”

            Hearing the word ‘family’ angers him. “I’m not going.” Taecyeon coldly rejected.

            “You’re going.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Mrs. Im looked at Yoona, signaling her to help her father out, pleading Taecyeon to go along. Yoona ignore her at first, Mrs. Im continues to kick her leg lightly, continuing to bother her until Yoona exhale deeply and looked at Taecyeon.

            “Why?” Yoona asked. She looks at him, “Why can’t you go?”

            Taecyeon stop and stares at the table, hesitating to answer her, he continues to eat again.

            “Then you’re going with us.” Yoona continues.

            “I’m not going.” Taecyeon respond. “I’m full.” He put down his silverwares—stand—then leave the tables up to his room again.

            “Yah! Ok Taecyeon.” Mr. Ok tried calling him.  

            “Go after him. Convince to come with us.” Mrs. Im pleaded.

            Yoona quickly left her seat and went after. “This is the first time I have to go after a guy.” She murmured. Quickly running up the stairs into his room, she sees him reaching for his coat. Watching him putting on his coat and heading out of his room, Yoona grabbed his right wrist—stopping him.

            “Why can’t you just stop isolating yourself?” Yoona asked. “Can’t we just be a family? Can’ you just come with us? We just want to get to know you better.”

            Taecyeon annoyingly looked at her, “We are not family.” He glared at her with angers. “We never will be a family.” Taecyeon take a step, but stop by Yoona again. She stubbornly grabbed his left arm, stopping him from taking another step. “Let go.” He callously said. Yoona stubbornly looked at him. Annoy by her, unaware of his own strength, he swung his arm away from her grip at full force. Yoona got push back and fall to the floor. She hit her right wrist on the hard floor, her face quench in pain. Taecyeon immediately rush to her, “Are you okay?” he concernly asked.

            Yoona puzzlingly looks at him. Is he showing his concern to her? His tone change in just second she’s at harm. Lost by his facial expression, she’s left speechless. He grabbed her arms, looking around her—checking if he hurt her anywhere else. Seeing her holding onto her right hand, Taecyeon quickly took her hand and take a look at it. Lightly brushing his hand over the red circles, he quickly got up and walks to the bathroom—grabbed a pain reliever cream—and walk back to her. Yoona was still puzzled by his action as she unconsciously watches him. Kneeling down on one knee, he twists the cap, opening the bottle and squeezed a little cream on her wrist. Gently he applied it over the red circle, massaging it lightly. His gentleness softens her heart, but at the same times flutters her. Watching his blow softly at her wrist—trying to speed the drying of the cream that had been applied on her wrist. Her heart jolt up to 200 mph—if that’s even possible for a heart speed. Softly tapping his index and middle finger over her wrist, checking to see if the creams have dry.

            “Are you hurt anywhere else?” He asked her without stopping his action.

            No respond from her, he finally looks up at her. He finally met her eyes that have not left him since the beginning. Constantly locking their eyes on his each other, they felt as if times have stop ticking. She tries to understand him through his eyes, while he embraces the sad memories of his mother through hers. Suddenly, his phone ring one time, breaking their connection. Taecyeon looks away, immediately let go of her hands and stood with his back facing her.

            “I want you to go with me.” Said Yoona as she looks up at him. “Can you?”

            Just standing there with his back facing her, he mouth gaps apart a little, trying to find air as his heart beats rapidly fast. Somehow, he discovers himself listening to her demand. It had only been a day and, yet, he have shows his what he think as “weak” and “soft” side to her.

            “This can’t be real.” Taecyeon whispered inside his head. He keeps walking away from her and out of the house. Yoona sadden by him again, looks at the floor then at her right wrist—remembering how gentle he was toward her when she’s hurt.

            “Why am I feeling this way? Why is it not fading away?” Yoona spoke inside her head. “This feeling can’t be possible. We met only in less than two days. He’s my stepbrother. I can’t have this feeling.” Shaking her head a couple times, she stood and walks down the stair, joining her parent again.

            “What did he say? Is he going?” Mrs. Im asked.

            “I don’t know.” Yoona answered her.

            “Just ignore him.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Ignore him? How can she keep thinking about earlier? Yoona pick up her chop and eat again, yet inside her head, she is unable the images of him caring for her.

* * *

            After leaving the room, he runs as fast as he could away from the house, but the image of her remain in his head as if it was permanently glue to his brain. He ran and ran for twenty minutes in the street. He finally came to a stop at a street light and breaths heavily. Calming himself down as he wait for the light to go red and the walking sign on. He crossed the street and keeping walking till he arrive at a cemetery 20 minutes later. Walking passed the gate and up the long stairs; he walks up the hills calmly and quietly in the cold. Twenty feet from the level ground; he turned left and walks down the aisle to the eight stone. Taecyeon stop and peacefully looks at his mom stone, “Ok Jimin.” He took a seat beside his mom stone and look at the sky.

            “Omma.” He quietly yet calmly called her. Listening to the bird chiming peacefully with his eyes closed.

            “Is something bothering you?” His mom asked.

            Taecyeon opened his eyes and looked to his right and sees his mom sitting beside him. He smiles and shook his head.

            “Don’t lie to omma. Omma can tell something is bothering you. You come here when something is bothering you.” Said Mrs. Ok. “So tell omma, what’s wrong? Does it have do something with your new family?”

            The smiles on his face fade thinking about Yoona. He lean his head on his mom shoulder.

            “What should I do, omma?” Taecyeon asked.

 

To be continue…………………….

Thank you all for commenting and loving my story so far. I promise you I'll do my best to have this story end greatly and update as fast as I can, but i do have one problem is the my brain only function around 11PM to 2PM. That is when I think and write crazily about this story. So if you see grammar error, please bare with it. Thank you.