Ch. 27: Meeting Baek Ji Young

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           “Yoona.” He stopped her—walk to the front and look down at her.

            Take a moment to look at her unhappy and angry face, he is amuse yet fear at the same, he find himself at the edge of the cliff. Yoona roll her eyes and walks around him.

            He pursues her—grabs her hand—and stops her again.  “Are you mad?” He asked.

            Inhaling and exhaling a couple times, she glares at him. “Yes I’m mad. I’m mad because those girls are trying to seduce my boyfriend. I’m mad because they trying to steal my boyfriend away from me on our first date. I’m mad because my boyfriend just stood there like an idiot and not tell them you belong to me. Yes, I’m mad Ok Taecyeon.” Her cheeks rose fierce read as she angrily stare at him.

            Speechless for a moment, a part of him is happy to hear her say he belong to her, however, a part of him is scare that he won’t be able to get her forgiveness. Taecyeon steps closer to her—reach down for her hands—and held her hands up his lips. Lightly and softly, he pecked her hands. Yoona anger slowly calm as she looks into his sincere eyes.

            “I don’t even know what kind of date is this. It’s either us getting jealous at each other or almost getting caught by friends or people we know.” Yoona continues to express her unhappiness to him.

            “Mianhe.” He softly apologized. Yoona upsetly pout at him. “Forgive me? I promise I won’t be a babo Taecyeon again.” He pleaded. “I should have just walk away, pretend to be death. Or I should have just close my eyes and pretend to be blind man.” He said in a gentle and sweet tone. “I promise you it won’t happen again. Will you forgive this babo Taecyeon?”

            The anger sour as his sweets eyes and voices affectively works on her. She sighed weakly and smiles softly.

            She lightly nodded her head. “I forgive you this time.” She said.  “Next time, we go somewhere far where nobody recognize us or sees someone familiar.” She asked. Taecyeon nod.

            “Yes my woman.” He replied.

            Yoona blushed hearing his calling her his woman.

            He lowered his head, taking a closer look at her. “What’s wrong?”

            Slightly lifting her head up, she sees his face up close. She placed her right hand at his face and pushes him back. “You talk too much.” She shyly said.

            Taecyeon smiles and snatch a quick kiss from her. “Come one, lets finish the rest of the date with a good feeling.” He said as he pulls the car.

            She nod lightly. He open the door for her-she step into the car. He close the door before he walks over to the driver side and step into his car. Closing the door, putting his seatbelt on before he start the engine. Backing out of the parking lot and down the small way. He hit the main road.  

* * * *

            Driving for nearly an hour, the engine of the car come to a stop and shut down. He looks at her, smiling warmly to her puzzle face. They exit the car before he could press the lock button on his car remote. He walks up to her, grab her hand, and walks to the entrance of the grand luxurious restaurant.

            “Oppa what are we doing here?” Yoona curiously asked.

            “You’ll see later.”

            “Do you come here often?” Yoona asked again.

            Taecyeon weakly sighed as he continues to pull her with him up to the host.

            “Annyounghaeseyo, how many are we serving tonight?” The host asked.

            “I’m meeting a friend here. Her surname is Baek.” Said Taecyeon. Yoona glance at him.

            “Oh yes, she’s waiting for you sir.” The host escorted them to the table.

            Walking down a small aisle, passing table after table into a hallway that lead to a private room. The host opens the doors for them; sitting in the center of the room is a beautiful lady Yoona have seen before. This lady is widely known in South Korea.

            Taecyeon pull her into the room and the host closes the door. “Ji Young noona.” He greeted her.

            Ji Young stands and happily walks up to Taecyeon and gave him a hug before she realizes Yoona uncomfortably watching them. “And who is this?” She smiles.

            “Noona, this is Yoona.” He introduced her to Ji Young.

            Yoona shyly bow her head, greeting her. Ji Young smiles widely as she stares at Yoona beauty. “This must be someone special of yours.” She teasingly said.

            “Annyoung, Yoonaimnida.” She introduced herself properly to Ji Young.

            “Very pretty.” Ji young praised her before she looks at Taecyeon. “So, I’m guessing this is my answer.” She said. Taecyeon shyly looked away. “Am I dreaming? Taecyeon being shy.” She continues to .

            “Noona.” He happily smiles.

            “All right, all right I’ll stop. Come on, lets sit down.” Said Ji Young as she walks to the round table in the middle of the room.

            Taecyeon grabbed Yoona hand again and pull her with him to the table. Sitting at a table, Taecyeon take out the card key and slide it on the table. “Mianhe noona, I can’t go with you.” Said Taecyeon.

            Ji Young sighed as she takes the key back. “I knew this would happen. I came back to give it a shot, hoping you would come with me.” She said.

            “Mianhe noona.” Taecyeon apologized quietly.

            “Don’t. You’re grown up now. You’re not the same Taecyeon that use to know eight years ago.” Said Ji Young. “You’ve change. You’ve become really handsome, tall, and strong.” Her eyes slide to Yoona, “and most important of all, you have someone special with you now. I understand you have to stay back and take care of her.” She said. Yoona shyly blushes. “Anyway, how come I never told me about her.”

Taecyeon nervously gulp. Ji Young playfully smirk, “Ahh I see. You have to make sure you woo her first then announce to everyone. Yoona, how did he woo you?”

            “He didn’t woo me at all.” Yoona quietly said.

            “He didn’t?” Ji Young asked. “Then how the hell did he win your heart?”

            “Well, he kind of.” Yoona said. “But he give up very quick.”

            Ji Young inhales deeply before she looks at Taecyeon and begins hitting his arm. “Yah! How can you give up so easily? You can’t play with a girl heart like that, going after her then stop in the middle and back out.” She slaps his arm again.

            “Noona, I—I…” Taecyeon stuttered. “It’s complicated.” He said as he defends himself.

            “Complicate what? Complicate my .” Ji Young scolded him while Yoona sat beside and quietly giggles to Taecyeon misery. “When did you learn to become bad huh? I thought you were a quiet good boy. It better not be her that confessed to you first.”

            Taecyeon trying to block Ji Young slaps. “I did. Noona stop it.”

            “I have to teach you a lesson not to break a girl heart.” Ji Young continues to scold him.  

            “Ji Young unnie, can you please stop?” Yoona pleaded for him. “It’s not all his fault, part of it is also my fault.” She said.

            Ji Young and confusedly look at Yoona. “You don’t have to defend him.”

            “I’m not.” Said Yoona. “It’s also my fault.”

            A silent atmospheres whistle in the room as Ji Young looked at the two of them.

            “Ji Young unnie, you are really pretty.” Yoona break the silent with soft smiles. “Can you tell your secret of keeping this youthful skin?”

            “Kamsahamnida. I really don’t have secret. Eat healthy, wash face daily, and smiles.” Said Ji Young delightedly.

            “Smiles?” Yoona slightly tilt her head to the side with an awkward looks.

            “Yes, smiles really help with the beauty. It makes you shine in the sun.” Said Ji Young confidently.

            Yoona looked at Taecyeon, “No wonder you have so much wrinkle at this age. You should smile more.”

            “What does that have to do with me?” Taecyeon shrugged.

            “You hardly smile around me. You say you will change, but I don’t see smiles on your face.” Yoona complained.

            “Wh—“ Taecyeon was wordless as he looks into Yoona bid round daring eyes.

            Ji Young quietly smiles as she observed Yoona playfully pick on Taecyeon.

            “Finally, a woman who can control you. Man, I thought this day would never happen.” Said Ji Young. “I thought I had to continues watch over you but I guessed I don’t’ have too anymore.” She lightly nodded her head. “You’ve really changed. You talk more now before or since the last time I’ve seen you.” 

            “I’m still the same.” Said Taecyeon quietly. Yoona pout after she gave him a glare. “But my personality is slowly changing.”

            Ji Young lightly smiles again, “All right you two, lets eat. If we continues about this change thingy, someone might end up with an upset face.” Said Ji Young.

            Taecyeon nod as he right hand sneak its way to Yoona’s hand and hold it tightly. Picking up the chopstick with his left hand, he begins to eat. Yoona did the same with her right hand. Ji Young snatch a quick glance at them and knew what they were doing under the table. She smiles as she pretend nothing happen.

            “Can I ask how did you do know each other? Or how you two met?” Ji Young asked.

            Her question caught them off guard. There is no way they can tell her the truth. He is not a hundred percent certain that Ji Young would support them and give blessing. But he is a hundred percent sure that she wouldn’t be against it. After all, she was his tutor for several years. He knows her well enough to nearly share most of his secret to her. But for Yoona, it is different. She hardly knows Ji Young well enough to put all her trust on her. She can’t be a hundred percent sure Ji Young wouldn’t tell his dad or her mom about them. The best way was for them to remained silent or think carefully before speaking.

            “Do you both go to the same school?” Ji Young continues to ask.

            Taecyeon was solid like a statue while Yoona lightly nodded her head. “Yes. We attend the same school.” She answered. “I’m a freshmen.”

            Ji Young simply nodded her head. “College love, one of the most memorial love in life.” She gives them warm and sweet smiles as if she knew the truth already and is supporting them.

* * * *

             A meal with Ji Young was over. The couple wave and watches her car drive away. Taecyeon look up the sky, the sun is slowly setting. It was getting dark. He look at Yoona again.

            “We should head home.” He said in a soft tone. Yoona agreeably nod.

            Heading home by car, Taecyeon holds her hand tightly through the journey home. Just smiling everytime they glance at each other. Out of all the part of their date, Yoona absolutely adore this part the most. Though driving around the river is not what I expected in a date, but it is like them walking around the river hand-in-hand. Just the two of them alone in a peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

            “Oppa, can we cruise around the Han River?” Yoona asked.

            Taecyeon lightly nod. “Why do you want to cruise around the river?”

            “I told myself when I have a boyfriend, I would cruise around the Han River either in bicycle or in car. It ends our date with a special feeling.” She said.

            Taecyeon can only softly smiles as he did as she demand. Cruising by the Han River in his car, the couple rolls the windows slightly down to feel the soft cool breeze whispering in their ears. 

            “Do you want to walk?” He asked in a soft tone.

            I shook my head no, fearing we will get caught if we walk. I turn my head and look at him with sad and guilty eyes, knowing that they can’t openly date like any other couples. He sighed was quiet and hopeless as he gape at the road. He let go of her hand, but quickly she grabbed his hand back and held it tightly as if it was death matter.

            “Mianhe.” Her voice was nearly a whispered as she looked at him.

            “Don’t be.” He tried his hide his upset—sad—or any unhappy feeling in him.

            Through his eyes, she can see everything. Just gaping at him, the car filled with silent as he drives around the river a couple time before heading home.

 

To be continue…………………..

 

Sorry for the late update. I've been busy wtih school and celebrating Lunar New Year this week.