Ch. 32: Almost Caught

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            After a sharing thoughtful night under the starry sky, Taecyeon and Yoona are back on their romantic trail again. Everything is going their way, no more troubles from Suzy. Thunder seem to quiet down after Suzy distant herself from Taecyeon. Yuri feel suspicious about Taecyeon and Yoona close interaction, but have no evidences to speak up. Sooyoung and Seulong are happy for them since they are the only two that know about them. It seem everything is really going their way…for now.

            Going school on the weekdays in the morning and heading to the theater at night to prepare for the next show. They are always together. It’s clinging onto each other or side-by-side; close enough to feel each other presence.

            Suddenly in the midst to the light system on the fourth levels, Taecyeon feels something needling on the right side of his hip. He stop, grab the stair bar with his left hand, and press his right hand at the spot. It was painful, so painful that cause his breathing to be uneven. Inhaling and exhaling heavily as he count down from ten with his eyes closed.

            One… Two… Three… Four… Five… Six… Seven… Eight… Nine…Ten.

            The pain at his hip slowly diminishes. A staff, on his way up to the fourth floors, stops and spotted Taecyeon standing on the side of the side with his left hand holding tightly onto the bar. He rushes to him and sees him trepidation with sweats all over his forehead.  

            “Taecyeon-shi, gwaenchan-ah ?” The staff asked.

            He opened his eyes and looks at the staff. He gulps and stood straight up, acting like nothing had happen to him.

            “I’m fine.” Said Taecyeon  

            The staff was unsure about his answered and asked him again. “Are you sure? You don’t good.” Said the staff.

            “I’m fine.” He repeated. Stabling his breath, he looks at the concern staff in front of him. “You can go back to work.” He ordered. “I want everything to be perfect for tomorrow show.”

            The staff nodded before bow and walks away.

            “Wait.” Said Taecyeon. The staff stopped and turned around. “Don’t speak a word about to anyone, especially Yoona. I don’t want her scare about this.”

            The staff nodded understandably before he bow again and walks up the stairs. 

            Taecyeon weakly exhale, waiting for the pain to subsides a little more before he let go of the bar and resume again. He walks up to the high-tech system, standing in front of the monitor. He takes a quick looks at the buttons then down at the stage. By chance he sees Yoona standing in the middle of the stage with her back facing the audience. Watching her directing staffs, he let out a soft weak smile. Suddenly, he thought of something. Immediately his right hand moves to the light button and press the button down. A big round light lights at Yoona. Yoona sees her shadow on the thin wooden platform, she turn around and lift her right up to her forehead to block the bright light. She turn to the left and eyes on the fourth floors, she sees a tall familiar figure in the dark. From the height and weight, she knew who it was. Taecyeon smiles as he looks down at her. Staring at him, she waits for him to move the light somewhere else or turn it off, but minutes have pass and the light still bright at her. Leaving her no choice, she takes out her phone and text him a message.

            His phone rings and vibrates in his pocket, he takes out his phone after he heard it ring and vibrate in his pocket. He read the message, ‘Don’t think you can hide in the dark and I won’t see you, I know it’s you oppa. If you keep this up, people with notice something strange between us. –Yoona’

            Smiling lightly as he looks down at her, he bend his body down to the microphone, “Testing. Testing.” He repeated in English.

            Using that an excuse to point the light at her, Yoona hopelessly surrender with smiles on her face. She text him another message and he reads it, ‘I hate you. –Yoona’

            “I need more light direct this way please. The curtain is out of order, can someone go fix it. Kamsahamnida.” He said over the microphone.

            Yoona sighed. She turns around and resumes her duties. A moment later, he turned off the light and text Yoona a message.

            Her phone rings and vibrate against her , she pulls it out of her pocket and read the message, ‘Saranghamnida Yoona. –Taecyeon.’ A happy and lovely smile flashed across her face as she read the message again. She received another message from him. ‘What do you want to eat tonight? –Taecyeon’

            ‘I want kimbap and jjajangmyeon.’ She replied to his text.

            ‘Jjinja? That’s it?’ He sent her another message.

            She decided to end the SMS with a smile face. ‘J’.

            Back on the main level again, he walks up the stage with his phone put away. Walking toward Yoona direction, she turn around reviewing how her designed will go on out of the stage but suddenly her eyes direct itself to the perfect Taecyeon walking down the red carpet aisle with a sweet warm smile on his face. She tries to hide her smiles, hide her blushing red cheeks as she watches him coming closer and closer to her. Taking the small stairs up the stage, stepping onto the stage, Taecyeon give Yoona wink before he turns to the left side of the stage.

            “Was that his flirty side?” Yoona questioned herself inside her head. “Wow, he is flirty.” She shook her head a couple times; waking herself from his hypnotizes wink and flirty smile. 

            A couple hours have pass, work is over and everybody is leaving the theater. Taecyeon and Yoona was the last to exit after making sure everything is turn off and doors lock. Taecyeon turn around and see Yoona standing there with her arm cross.

            “I want to go for a walk.” Said Yoona.

            “Aren’t you hungry?” He asked.

            Yoona cutely nodded, “But I want to go for a walk first. Since the day we start dating till now, we have not stroll on the street at night.” She said.

            “I thought you want to keep relationship a secret.”

            “I do, but it’s late. Who is going to see us this late?”

            Taecyeon blankly looks at her.

            Yoona walks up to him, reaches for his left hand, and holds it tightly. “Come on, this will end our day perfectly. A romantic walk before going home.” She said in a delighted tone.

            “Is this every girls dream?” He asked as he looks and walks with her. “To stroll in the street with their boyfriend?”

            Yoona smiles as she looks at him. “It’s not just a dream. It’s more like their ambition to have a romantic walk with their love ones.”

             Taecyeon give a weakly smile as he walks with her on the sidewalks. It was a cold night and quiet, but to them, it was a warm night with many words in the air as they stroll around the city. From one street to the next, they walk. An hour have passed, Taecyeon feels Yoona cold. He stop and turn to the side to face her, reaching both his hand out, he holds her hands up and together. Warmly and softly he blows air to her hands as he rubs his hands over hers. Yoona felt warm at heart as she is mesmerize by him. The snows begin to fall from above. Flakes after flakes she sees falling in front of her, she remember her first night here in Seoul, their first walked in the snow.

            “Oppa.” She whispered softly.

            Taecyeon stop and looks up at her puzzlingly.

            “Do you remember my first night here? Our walked in the snow to the theater?” She asked. He nodded. “Instead of hot chocolate and hot sack, you blow warm airs to my hands. It feels really warm.”

            Looking into her beautiful eyes, he moves his right hand up and slides her bang behind her ear. Holding her hand and resume walking, heading back to the car.

            “I remember you were really mean to me. You get angry at me easily.” Yoona continued.

            “Because you were so nosy and stubborn.” Said Taecyeon. Yoona turn and pouted at him. Taecyeon smiles lightly. “But a very beautiful girl I ever met.”

            Yoona happily smiles as she face forward. Their walks continue as the snows continue to fall over them. A black luxury car passes them, Siwon sitting inside the car glances at them. The couple did not see Siwon, but Siwon saw them and stop after he turns the next corner. He inhale and exhales angrily at he grips tighten on the wheel as he gritted his teeth. He take out his phone and search for Yoona name in his contact book. His thump move to the phone symbol, but stop himself from calling her. Looking at her name for a little bit, he throw his phone to the passenger seat and pressed on the gas pedal.

* * * *

            Sitting in at the dinning table, Yoona watches Taecyeon prepares the dishes she wants to eat. A man in an apron may sound unattractive and feminine for may girls who think a man should be a man that does not come near the kitchen at all but to her, it is different. It shows the soft side of him, a gentle and charming side that captivates her full attention. Focus wholeheartedly onto the foods, it makes him look like a professional chef on one of those Chef show on the TV.

            Ten minutes later, the foods were on the table. Taecyeon sit across the table from Yoona. With the aroma flying around her, tempting her, she immediately dig in and eat. Taecyeon watches her for a moment and find her eating very cute. Slurping up the noodle, Yoona looks at him.

            “Why aren’t you eating?” She asked as she chews deliciously.

            “Because watching you eat is very entertaining.” He said.

            Yoona brilliantly smiles to him. Taecyeon sees black bean sauces at the corner of her right lips. Moving his left hand, he gently wipes the sauce off her lips then wipes it again with a napkin.

            “It’s really delicious. If you’re not going to eat than I’ll eat it all.” She said.

            “Is your appetite really that big?”

            Yoona nodded, “I can eat about four more Jjajangmyeon.” She confidently said.

            Taecyeon surprisingly raise his eyebrows at her, “Jjinja?”

            Yoona nods again. “Sooyoung and I are big eater. We eat a lot.”

            “Aren’t you afraid of getting fat? I thought girls eat less because they want to keep their slim figure.”

            Yoona shook her head. “We don’t get fat.”

            “How do you know?”

            “Because back in Tokyo, we would call each other out for midnight snack.”

            “Wow, I never knew my girlfriend eat that much, it’s like I’m feeding a….” He stop that moment Yoona give an angry pout face at him. He gulps nervously. “Oh there’s still sauces on your lips.”

            Instead of wiping it with the napkin, he moves closer and takes her lips by surprise. Yoona was shock by his action. She freeze for a moment before she close her eyes. The kiss was supposed to be short and quick, however, Taecyeon begins to move his lips— her tenderly and passionately. Yoona happily respond his kiss with the same passion as she put her chopstick down on the table and her hands slowly gliding from his chest up to his shoulder then his neck.

            “Oppa…” She murmured in between the kiss.

            Taecyeon ignore her called and continues to take her breath away as he deepen the kiss. Suddenly they heard a click from the front door come with the sound of a squeal, Yoona quickly push his back and look down at the table.

            “Yoona. Taecyeon. We’re home!” Mr. Ok shouted happily.

            Yoona purse her lips shyly as she feel her cheek burning in flame. Taecyeon sit back on his chair and hold his chopstick up and begins to eat like a death man. Mrs. Im close the door behind her before she follow Mr. Ok into the living room and spotted Taecyeon and Yoona eating at the dinning table. Yoona pick up her chopstick and resume eating again.

            “What are you two eating?” Mr. Ok asked as he walks up to them.

            “Jjajangmyeon and kimbap.” Yoona answered. “Appa, have you and omma eaten anything yet? If not, then join us.”

            “We did, but a little late night snack wouldn’t be a problem.” Said Mr. Ok with a smile.

            “Did you two order this?” Mrs. Im asked.

            Yoona shook her head, “Taecyeon oppa made it.” She said.

            Mr. Ok shockingly looks at him, “Jjinja?”

            Yoona nodded lightly a couple.

            “Wow, this I really have to try even if I’m going to gain weight the next day.” Said Mrs. Im.

            Mr. Ok smiles as he walks into the kitchen and grabs two bowls and two pairs of chopstick. Mrs. Im take a seat beside Yoona while Mr. Ok sit beside Taecyeon. Joining them at the dinning table, Yoona nervously and secretly glance at Taecyeon who is patiently eating his portion.

            “You’re really good. It taste really deliciously.” Mrs. Im praised. “Even though it’s simple but there’s a special taste added in it.”          

            Taecyeon look at her and slightly bow as a thank you than actually speaking.  

            “So is everything ready for tomorrow show?” Mr. Ok asked.

            “Ne.” Taecyeon gave a short answered.

            Mr. Ok pleasing smiles at him before eating.

            Taecyeon stand up from his seat. “I’m done. I’ll be in my room.” He said before he walks to the kitchen and put his bowl and chopstick in the sink before heading upstairs into his room.

            Yoona nervously finish her portion in the bowl.

            “Mianhe Yoona, I hope this past weeks haven’t been hard to you.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Yoona shook her head, “No, not at all. Sometime Taecyeon oppa cook me food. We don’t talk a lot but he didn’t ignore me at all. He treats me really well.” She nervously said.

            “Good to hear that. We were worry that he would forget about you.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Yoona give a weak smile before she resume eating, chowing down as fast as she could so she could leave the table.

            Half an hour later, she walks into her room—close the door behind her before walking to her bed and sit with her back resting against the bedhead. Reaching her hand over to the nightstand, she grab her phone. Unlocking her cellphone, she looks at the home screen and nothing is flashing. She sighed and text him a message.

            In Taecyeon’s room, he is sitting at his desk, drawing in his sketchbook. He stop when he heard his phone ring and vibrate on the table. Unlock his screen, he sees a message from Yoona.

            ‘What are you doing? Why did you leave so early? –Yoona’

            ‘Drawing a picture of you. If I stay any longer, I won’t be able to control message and they will be suspicious of us.’ He replied to her message.

            ‘Oh. I thought you were upset or mad when I push you away.’

            ‘I was kinda sad but they are home and I have to keep my words. Can I come over and sleep with you?’

            ‘Well, go to sleep. I’m getting tire. Good Night.”

            ‘Yah! You’re the one the text me first, how can you change and end the conversation so quick.’

            ‘Because I want to sleep. I need my beauty sleep. Good night oppa. Saranghamnida.’

            Taecyeon could smiles to her last message before he put his phone back on the table and resume his drawing but then the pencil on his hand falls to the table his hands shakes. His face in terror as his hands shakes fiercely. The pain at his waist suffocates him. He reached for the first drawer on the left and opens it. Searching for pain reliever, he finally found a bottle behind the books He unstably takes the bottle out of the drawer but fell to the ground before he could open it. Rolling to the glass doors, Taecyeon heavily breathe as he tries to balance on his feet and walks over but he fall to his knee then body to the floor. He reaches his right hand for the pain reliever bottle but the bottle was 5 inches farther. Sweats crystalize around his forehead as he reaches for the bottle but the pain at his waist seize him. His body weakens, and soon, everything went black.

* * * *

            Walking out of the bathroom, Yoona head to her room but stop in front of Taecyeon’s room when she felt her heart stop for a second. Feeling a heavy stone on her heart, feeling her breath uneven, she rest her right hand at her chest. She turn to her left and walks up to his room. Moving her right hand up to his door, she knocks a couple times and impatiently waits for him to open the door but a minute have passed and her heart continues to grow impatient as she stands in front of his room. She knocks again and again, the fourth tried, she grab onto the doorknob and open the door. Her eyes flares as she stares at a body on the floor.

            “Oppa.” In terrified, Yoona runs to him. She falls to her knees beside him, holds his head up to her chest, and shakes him lightly. “Oppa.” She called him as her right hand rest at his chest. 

            Seeing his lips pales, skins frail, she touches his forehead. It was cold and wet. Yoona becomes more scared as she looks at him, shakes him, and calls him.

            “Oppa, wake up.” Yoona voice trembles as she continues to call him. “Oppa.” No respond from him frightens her. Tears soon stroll down her cheek.

            Looking around the room and then at the floor ahead of her, she sees a white bottle lying near the glass door. Reading the name of the bottle, she looks back at him. He was in pain all night but he did not call for help. Looking out the door she open and ready to make a noise but stop when she felt a cold hand grab her right hand. Her head turn back to him, and tears of joy fall down her cheeks. He give a weak smile as he move his right hand up to her right side cheek and gently wipe her tears away.

            “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Taecyeon asked in a weak tone.

            “You.” She said. “You scared me to death. I thought… I thought something bad really happen to you.”

            Taecyeon lightly smiles, “Nothing happen to me.” He lied.

            “Then why are you lying on the floor?”

            “I was actually on the chair drawing but I guess I fell asleep and, probably, fell to the floor.” He continues to lie to her.

            “Are you sure you fell asleep and nothing else happen?” She concernly asked.

            Taecyeon lightly nodded with a smile. “Positive.”

            Yoona sniff and wipe the remaining tears away before she look down at him with an angry face. She throws him away from her. Taecyeon’s head hit the floor hard.

            “Ah!” Taecyeon cried as he rubs the back of his head. “That’s really hurt.”

            “You deserve it!” Yoona stuck her tongue out at him. “You scare the hell out of me!”

            Taecyeon smiles as he sits up and grabs her hands. “Mianhe.” He apologized. Yoona tilt her head to the side with an angry pout. “I promise I won’t do it again.”

            “How can you be sure of it?”

            “I’ll make sure nothing happen to me. I’ll make sure I stay alive to marry you, have kids together, and grow old together.”

            With his warm stares and soft smiles, it lightens her up from a frown-upset face. His words please and touch her heart as she looks into his sincere eyes.

            “Hurry up and wash up, class start soon.” She said before she gets back on her feet.

            He grabs her right hand, holding her back. “Why do you always change subject when I’m being serious here?”

            “I don’t. I’m just stating the fact.”

            “Class doesn’t start until 9:30. We have an hour and half.”

            “Times flies by fast, so get change. I don’t want to be late. I don’t want you to be late either. You have one strike already. Two more than you might not graduate this semester. I want you to graduate.”

            Taecyeon sighed then gets back on his feet. “Fine but I want a kiss first.”

            Yoona nervously looks away with her cheeks blushing. “No, you need to change.” She turns around and head to the door.

            Taecyeon immediately went after her, grab her back before stepping out of the door, turn her body around, and steal a kiss from her. Yoona eyes widen but shortly close as she respond to his kiss.

            “Taecyeon. Yoona.” Mrs. Im called as she walks up the stairs.

To be continue……………………………..