Ch. 21: The Different Taecyeon

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

        The next day, sitting in her class, professor lecturing from the front of the class while Yoona doodles her lead pencil on her notebook again. Every time she tries to pay attention in class but is distracted by the thought of Taecyeon. Since the last talk, she could not stop thinking about him. It’s a distraction—frustrating her. Moving on to her next class, with no hopes of seeing Taecyeon in class, knowing that he’s avoiding her, she keeps herself occupied with her notebook.

        “Yoona, what’s wrong with you? Since yesterday, you’ve been acting strange. You don’t pay attention in class. You doodle on your notebook. You space out on lectures. Is there something wrong?” Sooyoung concernly asked.

        “I’m just….” She paused for a second then answers her again. “I don’t feel well.” Yoona answered was totally fibbed as she looks away from Sooyoung eyes.

        “Taecyeon!” Seulong shouted with his hand wave high in the air as if Taecyeon was blind.

        Yoona and Suzy gaze immediately shock to the entrance of the room. Looking at his face, Taecyeon facial was impassive as he walks to Seulong. Suzy was delighted to see him, but Yoona sadden by his emotionless yet pale face. Taecyeon drop his notebook onto the table, making a loud bang noise then take a seat next to Seulong. He opens his notebook as a distraction to avoid looking at Yoona. Whispering inside her head, begging him to look at her but he keep his eyes on his notebook, Yoona stand and walk over to him but only to be stop on her first step by Hyori entrance. Sooyoung grabs Yoona’s hand and pulls her back down to her seat. A quick look around the room, Hyori sees Taecyeon sitting in her class today.

        “Ok Taecyeon, you’ve decided to join us here today.” Hyori was unpleasant and insolent as she places both her hands at the edge of the tables. Taecyeon impassively looks at her. “Would you like to explain to me why you disappeared in the middle of class on Monday and absent on Tuesday?”

        Taecyeon disregard her question—picks up his pen—and doodle its’ ink on the white sheet of paper.

         Hyori deeply inhale, “Very well. That will be your first strike.” Said Hyori, moving her right hand to the paper and draw a mark next to his name.

         Seulong elbow Taecyeon lightly, hoping to get him to explain why he was absent in those two days to Hyori. However, Taecyeon reluctantly ignores him.

        Today class was all about lectures, just sitting in class and taking notes, but for Yoona, it was getting his attention everyway she can. Disappointedly, he did not look at her nor answer her texts at all.

        Class end. Student leaves the room. Closing her notebook and urge herself to him before he disappears in front of her.

        “Ok Taecyeon, I would like to have a word with you.” Hyori stop him from exiting the door. Yoona stopped and observe him from a short distance.

        Standing on the side of the door, Taecyeon has one hand in his pocket and the other holding onto his notebook. Hyori glance at Seulong, signaling him to leave, knowing that if he stays he would do anything to back up Taecyeon. Sooyoung walks up to her and drag her to the doorway. Before leaving the room, Yoona stop for a moment and look at Taecyeon, who is unresponsive. She left the class with Sooyoung. With the class empty, Hyori walks up to Taecyeon with textbooks in her arms.

        “Do you know why I ask you to stay behind?” Hyori asked.

        Taecyeon carelessly looks away—looking at the floor.

        “Your behavior is one of the major reason. It shows no respect at all. As your professor, I am letting you know that you need to learn to change yourself or else there will be a consequence.” Hyori warned him.

        Taecyeon unresponsively stood like a mannequin. Hyori hopelessly sighed and walks out of the room. He his head to the side and exhales frustratedly before leaving the room. Turning to his left, he sees Yoona waiting for him. He quickly looks away and continues walking, hoping to successfully pass her without melting down in front of her. Yoona grabs his left hand, stopping him from immediately.

         “Oppa…” Yoona softly called him. “Can we talk?”

         His heart fluttered to her soft yet sad voice, he found himself giving in to her, but retained himself from doing so.

        “Mianhe…” She apologized.

        “For what?” Taecyeon coldly answered. “You did nothing wrong.” He said without looking at her.

        “I hurt you.” Yoona sadly looks at him.

        Thump…Thump… Taecyeon count his heart beating at a slow sorrow pace. He nervously gulp as he stood with his body facing opposite direction of her. She was still holding onto his hand, not letting go.

        “Can you look at me?” Yoona asked as her eye slowly filled with water.

        Taecyeon hesitate to do so not because he couldn’t face at her, but because he fear it will only weaken him, hurting him even more.

        “Taecyeon oppa….” She whispered his name again.

        Taecyeon lightly swung his hand away from her grip. He walks away. Yoona heart stopped a beat. She couldn’t breath at all. Tears escape her eyes and strolls down her cheeks. The moment he turned to the next hallway, Taecyeon hurry to the male’s room. He the water and splashed himself with cold waters. Looking at himself through the mirror as drops of water drip to the sink, he feels pain at his chest. It was so painful that it makes him trembles back a couple steps and falls to the floor. He grabs onto his shirt, pressing his hand at his heart. He found himself fighting to breath in pain again.

* * *

        Sitting in the cafeteria by the window, Yoona unconsciously held her fork at her tray and she space out in her own world. Seulong and Taecyeon entered the cafeteria. They went to get lunch first before finding an empty table near Yoona and Sooyoung. Taecyeon stares out the window, not touching his tray of foods on the table.

“What’s wrong with you nowadays? It’s like…” Seulong paused, trying to find the right words to describe him. “It’s like you are your old self, but just worst.”

Taecyeon had nothing to say to him, couldn’t explained to him why he is like this. He has completely shut himself again, whether this closure is real or not, he closes it like Yoona demanded him too.

        “Anyway, what did Miss Hyori say to you? Did she yell at you?” Seulong noisily asked.

        “No.” Taecyeon stonily answered. He sighed before looking at the table.

        Seulong chuckles lightly. “Wow, I thought for second you would be dead. I thought she would yell at you, throw a few books at you.”

        Taecyeon keep his cold face on, keeping everything to himself and not talking much anymore just like back before Yoona ever existed in his life.

        Accidentally lift his head up and looks at Yoona, he immediately turns his head to side, looking out the long window. Furious by his ignorance, Yoona jolt to her feet and take a few steps.

        “Yoona!” A familiar voice shouted across the room.

        When the girls turn to see who it was, a smile on Sooyoung appear. It was Siwon. He happily comes walking up to Yoona and Sooyoung. Taecyeon eyes filled with fire as she glares at Siwon.

        “Wow, he’s really like a starfish, sticking onto Yoona tightly.” Seulong exaggerates.

        “Hi.” Siwon give Yoona a hug then another one to Sooyoung.

        They were slightly surprised by Siwon bold action. His is never this open and easy going to them before, it is also a “Hi” or wait for the girl to take action first.

        “Siwon oppa…” Yoona was surprised to him here at the school. “Wh—what are you doing here?” She asked.

        “I came to see you. It’s been a couple since you called me. I also brought you desert. Made it myself.” Said Siwon happily. He handed her the bag.

        “Um… thank you.” Yoona stuttered uncomfortably as she accepted his present. She quickly glanced at Taecyeon and caught him looking at her unhappily.

        “It’s nothing. You did say you like it.” Said Siwon with smiles.

        “What about me Siwon oppa?” Sooyoung jealously cut in.

        Siwon smiles and patted the back of her head lightly, “I brought two.” He said.

        “Wonderful.” Sooyoung happily said. “Have a seat Siwon oppa.”

        Siwon did. Sooyoung drag Yoona along down to their chair.

        Taecyeon irritatedly looks out the windows, trying to ignore her and the rest.

        “Suzy is having her party this Friday. Her parent is leaving to Thailand the day before her party.” Said Seulong. Taecyeon carelessly looks at him.

        All the information Seulong was giving to Taecyeon was useless. He does not care about anything that have to do with Suzy.

        “Come on man, it’s time to officially introduce you to a girl.” Seulong said. “It’s time to move on.”

        The guys heard the heels clicking the tiles—click, clack, click, clack. Seulong turn his head to the doorway and sees Suzy with her girls walking up to Taecyeon and him gracefully. Thunder, who happen to be in the room, turn his body to Suzy and smiles as he admire her from distant.

        “Talking about the devils, here they come.” Said Seulong.

        Students steps aside—making way for them. Yoona looks up and sees Suzy with Yuri and Gyuri in front of Taecyeon and Seulong.

        “Taecyeon oppa, “Suzy happily sat beside him, wrapping her skinny arms around his right. “Are you coming to my party this Friday? I have a special gift for you.”

        “Wouldn’t that be the other way around? Him showing up at your party is your special gift?” Said Seulong.

        Suzy ignore him, keeping her eyes on Taecyeon. “Will you come?” She asked him politely.

        “I don’t know. Maybe.” Taecyeon said without looking at her.

        Suzy smiles and peck his cheek. “I take that as a yes.” She assumed.

        “Wow.” Seulong was astounded to see how Taecyeon just sat there and not react at all.

        Yuri and Gyuri was shock too. “It seem the rumors are real after all.” Gyuri whispered to Yuri.

        Yoona jealous stab her meat with a fork. Seeing her strange behavior, Siwon turn around and spotted Taecyeon just a couple tables down. He was not pleasant to see Yoona attention go to Taecyeon and not him.

        “Yoona are you free tomorrow?” Siwon trying to get her attention back.

        Yoona looks back at Siwon, “Huh?” She wasn’t paying attention to him.

        “Are you free…tomorrow?” Siwon repeat.

        “Maybe, why?” Yoona was partially distracted by Suzy cozying on Taecyeon.

        “Remember, we originally plan on going to a movie? I was think maybe we could go tomorrow.” Said Siwon.

        Before she could answer him, Yoona glances back at Taecyeon and sees Suzy leaving the table.

        “I don’t think I can’t. I promise my dad I would help him tomorrow.” Yoona lied.

        “It’s okay, that’s fine.” Siwon force a smile on his face.

        Suzy and her girls stop in front of Yoona, giving them a dislike disgusting looks before she start to talk. “There is something I need to tell you.” She said rudely, looking at Yoona then Sooyoung and then back to Yoona. “Since you are Taecyeon’s sister, you can come to. You friend is also invited.” Gyuri handed Suzy a piece of notebook paper and put it in front of Yoona. “This is my address. My party starts at 7pm.”  Suzy walks away with her girls.

        “Wow, somebody is obsessive and y.” Sooyoung mimic Suzy tone. “I bet if you come, Taecyeon will definitely be there like she want.”

        “He will go even if I don’t go.” Yoona said in low tone. She picks up the note and read the address.

        “We should go. It will be our first university party.” Sooyoung said, convincing her to go. “It will be fun.”

        “Yeah, why don’t you give it a try.” Siwon forcing the words out of his mouth, but the truth is, he does not want her to go.

        Thunder along with other three men walks up to Taecyeon and Seulong. Thunder kicks the chairs side and stood in front of Taecyeon, causing commotion and attention in the room. Taecyeon threw his fork down onto the table and stood face to face with him.

        “You really.” Thunder hissed as he nodded his head. “The cut on your arm is not enough for you?”

        Seulong stood and priceless looks at him. “Aren’t you a little over yourself? Seriously, what did your parent feed when you were small?”

        “Shut up.” Thunder said to Seulong before looking back at Taecyeon, who is still mute. “What? You can’t talk? You don’t know how to talk?” Thunder taunts him. “You talk last time.”

        “What’s your problem?” Taecyeon speaks with glares.

        Yoona rush through the crowds to the front and sees Taecyeon and Seulong face to face with Thunder and few other students.

        Thunder hissed, “My problem? My problem is you messing with my girl.”

        “You seriously going to bring this childish here?” Seulong annoyingly said. “Isn’t this crush thing that only happens in Junior or High School?”

        “You know you are really annoying? Thunder disgustingly looks at Seulong.

        “If you like go for it. Pick up your damn ball and go after her.” Said Taecyeon daringly.

        “I am and have been, but you… you are in my way.” Thunder glares at him. He turns and looks at the guys. They pull the table away, Thunder step forward a couple steps. “The only way I can get her is to get rid of you. Your ty is really irritating me.” He viciously whispered.

        Taecyeon step forward and fearlessly looks at Thunder. Thunder’s men step up and so did Seulong.

        Thunder Smirks, “What you gonna do? You wanna punch me now.” He continued to mock Taecyeon. “You really are a coward, a hole.” Grip his hand into a ball, Thunder throw the first punch across Taecyeon face.

        “Oppa!” Yoona frightenly shouted.

        “Oh my god, they are fighting again.” Sooyoung stuttered.

        Taecyeon grabbed Thunder second punch and kick him in the stomach before he throw a punch at Thunder. The rest join the fight, Seulong freely throws his punches at the guys enjoyably.

        “Thunder! Stop!” Suzy shouted as she fiercely looks at him.

        “Stop!” The professors arrive and run through the crowds, one happens to be Hyori.

        The guys’ stops and step back away from each other.

        “What’s wrong here? Is this High School or University?” Hyori loudly said.

        “No.” Thunder retreated.

        “We were just having a friendly talk that’s all.” Said one of the gang.

        “Yeah, just a friendly talk.” Said the second male. “We’re just about to leave.”

        “Then leave.” Said a professor.

        “Yes mam.” The third male grabbed Thunder and pulls him along.

        Thunder and his gangs leave the room. The professor ordered others to resume their lunch and activities. Hyori walks up to Seulong and Taecyeon.

        “Was there a problem here?” Hyori questioned. “What happen between you and Thunder? What did he say to you?”

        Taecyeon motionlessly stands, as he remains quiet.

        Suzy freely approach Taecyeon and hold his right hand with one hand while the other lightly touches where Thunder had punch him, showing her soft and carrying side to him. But, actually, she purposely tries to make Yoona jealously watch. Rubbing her thumb and index finger together as she bites her bottom lips, Yoona was indeed jealous.

        “I sorry Taecyeon oppa.” Suzy apologized for Thunder.

        Taecyeon look pass Suzy at Yoona. Siwon walks up and stood beside Yoona.

       “Ok Taecyeon, hiding is against school rules. If something did really happen, you must let us know.” Said Hyori.

       “It’s just a couple friendly fi…”

       “There’s nothing.” Taecyeon cut Seulong off before leaving the cafeteria.

        Yoona worriedly went after him. Siwon immediately grabbed her wrist–stop her from preceding any further. Yoona’s eyes thrive the two entrance doors and sees Taecyeon gone.

To be continues………………………

 

Hello readers, 
Sorry I didnt update last week. I had to study for my exams, but now that it is over, I will be updating weekly again. ^_^. Thanks for your patient.