Ch. 29: Falling Deeper in Love

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            The class ended. Taecyeon was the first to disappear. Seulong goes searching for him while Yoona walks up to her locker and put the books away before heading to the exit.

            “Yoona, where are you going? You’re not going to eat lunch?” Sooyoung shouted from her locker.

            “No I won’t. I have to go somewhere important. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Yoona shouted back before rushing out of the building.

            She quickly walks to the car, open the door, and is welcome with a warm smile. Taecyeon have been waiting for her inside the car. Yoona put on her seatbelt after hearing the engine starting.

            “I’m hoping you’re taking me somewhere to eat.” Said Yoona.

            “Well, not really.” Said Taecyeon as he back out of the parking lot and drive into the main road.

            “Where are we going?” She asked.

            “To my mom.” Said Taecyeon.

            Yoona was shock a little bit by him. “What? Why?”

            “You’ll see.” Said Taecyeon.

            Yoona puzzlingly looked at him as she waits patiently on the passenger seat. After a short driving, almost 10 minutes of driving, Yoona look out the window and is the cemetery; a cemetery that is near their home. Taecyeon park his car, turn off the engine, and walks out to the back of the car.  She walks out of the car and join him in the back. She watches him grabs and carries a few bags.

            “What are we doing here?” She asked.

            Taecyeon closed the trunk and smiles at her. “To visit my omma. Today is here birthday.”

            His answered shocked her. With his other free hand, he reach for hers and guide her to his mom stone. Following up the stair to his mom stone, they turn and walk down the little aisle and stop in front of it. Taecyeon put the bags down, Yoona help him unpack items from the bag. The first thing she took out was a bouquet of red rose with white lilies and put it beside his mom picture. She smiles as she took a look then took out a small tissue and wipes the dust off around his mom picture.

            “Wow, you are definitely being a good daughter-in-law.” Said Taecyeon as he watches from behind.

            Yoona ignore him and continues cleaning his mom stone.

            “Omma, do you like you daughter-in-law? She’s very pretty and nice, but sometime have some temper issue.” Taecyeon continues to , hoping to get her attention this time.

            Yoona finished cleaning, turn around, and give him a glare. “When did I agree to marry you?” She said.

            “Our first night.” Taecyeon smiles confidently.

            Yoona roll her eyes her before throwing his the dirty tissue. “How come you didn’t tell me is was your omma birthday today?” She asked.

            Taecyeon shrugged before he take a seat beside her. “If I tell you then it wouldn’t be a surprise for omma.” He said.

            Yoona warmly smiles as she takes a seat beside him. He handed her two lunch boxes he prepare earlier in the morning. She opens it and was surprises by his culinary skill.

13732_tumblr_l59hk2bUxg1qcomk0o1_500_lar

            Amaze by the cuteness lunch, she was left speechless as she stares constantly at it. Taecyeon take a peek at her and smiles seeing her astound face.

            “Do you like it?” He asked.

            Yoona looks at him and nods with happy smiles. “I love it! It's so cute. There is so many choices. I don't know where to start first. When did you make this?” She asked.

            “Early morning.” He answered. “You were still a sleep and I couldn’t sleep, so I thought I make something special for you.”

            Yoona was touch as she stares warmly at him. “This must takes a lot of times and efforts.”

            Taecyeon weakly inhale as he looks at the open space. “Time, yes. Effort, maybe a little but I’m use to it. Making this things is not hard if you know what you want to make in advance.” He said.

            “How long did it takes you to makes all this lunch boxes?” She asked.

            “Maybe an hour or so.”

            Yoona lean closer and give him a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you.” She said. Taecyeon looks at her with warm weak smiles. “I want to learn how to cook. You have to teach me next time.”

            “I thought you knew how to cook?”

            “I do, but not big dishes, just simple small dishes.”

            Taecyeon lightly nodded his head with playful smiles.

            “What?” She asked.

            “Nothing.” He said.

            “Tell me.” She demanded.

            “Well, I thought you knew how to cook because I always see you helping your mom.” He said. “But I guessed I was wrong. Not every women know how to cook.” Yoona gives him an upset look. “I’m just kidding. Eat.” He changed the subject. He feed her the first bite, hoping to get her to a happier mood. Yoona accept and chew deliciously.

            “When can you teach me how to cook?” Yoona asked.

            “How about tomorrow at the school culinary lab?” He said.

            “Why not tonight?” Yoona asked.

            “We have to go to the theater and set up the theme for the next show. I have to check the systems.” Said Taecyeon. “The sponsor of the show is coming tonight, so we need to be there.”

            Yoona lightly nodded her head and resume eating again. “Okay.” After swallowing, she looks at him. “You better teach me tomorrow.”

            “I will.” He said.

            Just sitting at his mom grave, the two of them share a delightful lunch meal boxes prepared by Taecyeon himself. During that whole time, their talks and laughter fills the airs, making the atmosphere more enchanting.

* * * *

            The next day, Yoona’s second class ended. Walking to her locker, putting away her textbooks. She close the door and her cell phone vibrate a couple time. She took it out and read the message from Taecyeon. “Meet me in the west wing, room 420. –Taecyeon.” With smiles, she put her phone away and walks to the West Wing building.

            Standing behind the kitchen counter at the end of the room, Taecyeon carefully and lightly washes the vegetables and silverwares. He places it beside and above the cutting board. Right at the moment, Yoona enter the room. She step inside and quietly watches Taecyeon, who is in buttons long sleeve shirt with waist apron hanging around his waist, as the door automatically close. A small click echo in the room, Taecyeon looks up and see Yoona standing by the doorway. He smiles as he watches her walks up to him. Putting her purse on the table by the kitchen counter as she approaches him, she walks around the counter and stop in front of him.

            “How is it that you look really handsome in everything you wear?” Yoona teased.

            “Because I was born this way.” Taecyeon confidently said. Yoona rolled her eyes, Taecyeon grab an apron on the counter, step closer to him, and wrap the strings around her. Yoona carefully watches him as he put on the apron for her. Looking into his charming eyes, She feels her heart fluttered and her mind fills with his image. She feels like heavenly bless with him by her side. Is this what girls’ mean when they say falling deeper in love is like heaven? Then she is definitely falling deeper in love with him. She would love to feel like this everyday of her life.

            Taecyeon take a small step back after he finished making a ribbon on the front of her apron. She gives him a warm smile as a thank you.

            “What are we making?” Yoona asked.

            “Samgyetang.” He answered.

            Yoona smiles delightedly. “Jjinja?” He nodded. “I love samgyetang. It’s my all time favorite soup.” 

            “It’s mine too. My omma used to make it for me when I was little. It’s the first dish I learned too.” He said. He went to grab a raw whole chicken out of the fridge and up to her. He placed it on the cutting board and pull her to the front of him. Yoona nervously gulp as she stares at the raw chicken in front of her. “Don’t tell me you’re scare of raw chicken?” He said as he looks at her.

            Yoona nervously shook her head. “No it’s just that…. I—I never dealt with a raw chicken before.” She said.

            Taecyeon let out a soft smile as he grabs her hands and guide her to the chicken. “It won’t bite.” He said. Yoona’s eyes shut immediately as she feel the soft skin tickling against her palms.

            “Don’t worry, it’s not going to bite you.” He jokingly said. She gave him deadly glare. “The chicken is washed, all you need to do is stuff the chicken.”’ He directed her.  He let go of her hands and pulls a few items closer to her. “Hold up their legs.” He said. She did as he told her to then she looks at him, waiting for the next instruction. “Stuff the chicken with sweet rice, a ginseng root, and a couple jujubes.” He said. One by one, she reach for it and stuff it into the chicken with a little of his help holding onto the chicken legs. As she does of these things, she felt awkward with the stuffing and the chicken position; it all very familiar to her. Seeing her stop all of the sudden, he look at from the side, “What are you thinking about?” He asked.

            Yoona lowered her head, hiding her red cheeks from him. “Nothing.” She whispered.

            “Then why are you blushing?” He asked.

            “I’m not.” She turn her head the other direction away from him. 

            He moves his head to the other side and caught her cheeks super red. “You’re thinking of something huh?” He .

            “No I’m not.” Yoona tried to deny it, but in fact, she is thinking about it.

            “Then why did you stop?” He asked.

            Yoona pretend to be angry and pout at him. “Can’t I stop?” She said.

            Unable to hold his smiles back, he lean forward and stole a kiss from her. “You’re thinking about us aren’t you?” He continues to .

            “You’re so annoying.” Yoona looked back at the chicken. “What is the next step? She changed the subject.

            Taecyeon happily smiles for a moment. “You need to stuffs 3 cloves of garlic into the chicken.” He instructed her.

            “Oh my god, stuffing again.” She cursed inside her head. “Seriously, why is this dish ingredients and steps sound so much like consummating? Who ever invented this dish, you are so much in trouble with me when I see you.”

            Yoona stuff the garlic into the chicken before he hands her a small rope. “You need to tied it now before putting it into a pot.” He said.

            She took the rope and tied the chicken then put it in the pot. Taecyeon handed her a measuring cup with water in it. She took it and pour the water into the pot. They clean their hand then Taecyeon turn on the electric stove, and Yoona lace the pot onto of the red-hot stove.

            “Now we let it boil for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, we pour a little more water into the pot and let it boil for another 40 minutes.” Said Taecyeon.

            “What are we going to do in the mean time?” She asked. “I’m hungry and only one dish will not fill both of our stomach.”

            “Class is not over yet.” He smiles to the impatient Yoona. “Now we make small dishes. Our next dish is tempura shrimp.”

            Yoona claps her hands in joy, “I love shrimp tempura.” She happily said.

            “I think you love to eat than the dishes we’re making.” He said.

            “Eating is an important part of life.” Yoona cutely said.

            Taecyeon defeatedly nodded his head and walks to the fridge and took out a dish of shrimp and place it on the counter. He grabs the cutting board and put it in the sink. Carefully and neatly he washes the cutting thoroughly before drying it and putting it on the counter again. Like before, he carefully and slowly instructed her to making shrimp tempura. Yoona find this easier to make and understand than the previous dish. She have not miss a step or stop in the middle of preparing a dish. From making tempura batter to dumping dust corn starch on top of the shrimps and coat it in the batter. Taecyeon took out another pot, this time a little bigger than the soup pot and put it on another free open stove. He pours enough oils into the pot and turn on the stove. Letting it boil for a little, he instructs Yoona again. One by one she carefully put shrimps into the oil pot and let it cook for a little bit. During that time, Taecyeon prepared a basket plate with a paper towel over it. Yoona took out the cook shrimps and out it on the plate. Taecyeon grabs a measuring cup and fill it with water. He walks to the soup pot and pour some water into the pot, enough water till it reach over the chicken. Then he walks to the fridge again and take out a plate of vegetable and put it on the counter beside the stove. He instructs her to do the same thing she did to the shrimp before he walks over to the rice cooker and check on the rice. Rice is cook and ready to be eaten. He walks back to Yoona and check on her. He smiles seeing how fast she could learn within a short amount of time.

            “You are really good.” He praised her. She happily smiles to his praise.

* * * *

            Sooyoung, who is still at school, have been looking for Yoona for quite a while. She seat in the cafeteria texting Yoona repeatly. As she waits for Yoona to reply, she eats her lunch. After lunch was over Yoona still have not reply back. She left the cafeteria and went searching for her again. Coincidently, she sees Siwon walking into the building. She happily walks up to him.

            “Annyoung oppa.” Sooyoung joyfully said.

            Siwon stopped and give charmingly at her, “Annyoung Sooyoung.” He greeted her.

            “Siwon oppa, what are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked.

            “I was hoping I would see you and Yoona here.” Said Siwon.

            “Well, I’ve been looking for Yoona but I couldn’t find her anywhere. I’m guessing she went home already.” Said Sooyoung.

            “Jjinja?” He restated. Sooyoung shrugged. “I was hoping I wasn’t late, but I guess I’m late.”

            “Actually you weren’t late, Yoona just left early. You usually eat lunch at the cafeteria then go to the library for a little bit before heading home. But lately, she have been disappearing a lot. I couldn’t even catch up with her anymore.”

            Siwon suspicious and uncomfortably gritted his teeth together as he remembers seeing Yoona and Taecyeon intimately close at the mall. “Is Taecyeon still here?” Siwon asked. Sooyoung shrugged. “Oh Okay. Maybe I’ll come by tomorrow.”

            “Is there anything you want me to leave to Yoona? Any message?” She said with playful smiles.

            “Umm… just tell her I came by to said hi.” He nervously stuttered.

            “Okay, I’ll tell her that.” Said Sooyoung with an okay sign up in front of him.

            Siwon gives unsecure smiles before he leave. Sooyoung turn around and wall down the hall to the other end of the exit that leads to other building. Coincidently she bump into Seulong, who is searching for Taecyeon.

            “Seulong-shi, have you seen Yoona?” Sooyoung asked.

            Seulong shook his head. “No, have you seen Taecyeon.” He asked.

            Sooyoung shook her head and both puzzlingly look at each other. “This is weird, both are gone at the same time.” She said with her fingers at her chin.

            “Taecyeon’s car is still here, so he must be somewhere on school property.” Said Seulong.

            “And Yoona have been riding home with Taecyeon, so I think she is still here too.” She added. “Where could they possibly be?”

            Suddenly Seulong snap his fingers. “I think I know where they are. Man, I should have known in the first instead of stupidly searching for him everywhere.” He said.

            Sooyoung follow him out of the main building to the West Wing.

* * * *

            The chicken soup whistles loudly, alarming them that it is cook. Yoona walks over to it and turn off the stove while Taecyeon dries the cutting board and bowls. Yoona carefully carries the pot over to the counter and pot plate. She watches Taecyeon gently and ideally placing the shrimp tempura on the plate around the small sauce bowl at the center of the plate.

            “Have you ever cooked for any one people?” Yoona asked.

            Taecyeon clean his hand with a towel before looking at her, “No.” He answered. “Why?”

            “Well, for one, if you cook in front of a girl you will definitely get her attention. Two, you will definitely win her heart with this sweet moves.” Yoona explained to her.

            Taecyeon smiles lightly with his head looking down at the floor for a second before he looks up and take a couple steps closer to me. “Well, did I win this girl heart?” He asked as he snake his hands around her waist to her back and rest his hand there.

            “It will depend on how good the food taste.” Yoona said.

            “I know the foods will taste great, but I want to know if I win your heart.” Said Taecyeon as he moves his head closer to her.

            Yoona shyly smiles as she looks into his eyes. She wraps her arms around his neck and whisper, “Yes.”

            Taecyeon happily smiles and lean forward, capturing her lips passionately. Yoona delightedly respond his kiss with the same passion. Sooyoung and Seulong enter the room, and immediately, their jaws shockingly drop.

            “Oh my god Yoona.” Said Sooyoung.

            Yoona’s eyes immediately flew wide open when she heard Sooyoung voice in the room. Their kiss break and both turn to the front and sees Seulong and Sooyoung standing by the doorway shockingly looking at them.

           

To be continues………