Ch. 41: He's gone

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

       Yoona, now pregnant, was home early today. She was in her room, thinking of ways to explain to her mom and Mr. Ok. She hold her cellphone tightly  her mind fills with Taecyeon and questions. Should she call him and tell him she’s pregnant with his child? Or should she wait?

         It was hard for her to decided, hard for her to make a decision as her body stiffen on her bed, letting hundreds of question roam her mind.

         The sun is down, the moon rise. Everybody was home except Taecyeon. They are at the dinning, having dinner. The empty spot across from her catcher her full attentions. Biting her bottom lips frequently as she look at her bowl of rice, Yoona think about the baby.

           Mrs. Im notice something wrong about Yoona. She can tell something is bothering her. “Yoona, is there something wrong?” Mrs. Im ask.

            Yoona inhale and exhale deeply before she look at her mom, “Omma. Appa. I’m pregnant.”

             Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok was speechless as they look at her.  

             “What did you just say?” Mr. Ok asked.

             The shock look frighten Yoona as she repeat again. “I’m pregnant with Taecyeon oppa’s child….It will be two months by the end of this month.”

             Mrs. Im was speechless as she looks at her daughter. The room fills with silent as Yoona mind quietly wonder what could possibly happen next. Could it be good or bad?

             “Please say something.” Yoona whispered.

             “You two….” Mrs. Im stuttered. “When did you find out you were pregnant with his baby?”

             “Today.” Said Yoona in frighten. “I know this is wrong. I know it’s , but I love and I want to keep this child. Please…”

             “Do Taecyeon know about this?” Mr. Ok finally speak

             Yoona shook her head lightly, “No. not yet. I want to personally tell him this news when I see him.” She said.

Mr. Ok sighed as he put down the chopstick and bowl. Yoona frightenly grab onto her pant as she lower her head.

“I’ll go call him now.” Said Mrs. Im. She stood and walks to the kitchen counter where the phone is. Dialing Taecyeon and patiently waited, she call was direct to his voicemail. Mrs. Im hung up and dial again. This time, Yoona watches her, praying that he would answer his phone, but only to get the same result.

“He didn’t answer?” Mr. Ok asked.

             “No.” Mrs. Im worriedly answer. “I’ll call him again.”

             “Don’t. If he didn’t answer the first time than he won’t answer any of our calls.” Said Mr. Ok.

             “Then what should we do? He need to know about Yoona.” Said Mrs. Im.

             Mr. Ok looked at Yoona, “Did you see him at school?” He asked.

             Yoona shook her head. Mr. Ok take out his phone and dial some numbers. Mrs. Im walks back to her seat, and together her and Yoona watches Mr. Ok.

             “Anyounghaesyo Mr. Jang, Dae-jinimnida.” He introduced himself over the phone.

             “Oh Annyoung Dae-jin. I haven’t spoke to you in a while. How are you doing lately?” Mr. Jang asked.

             “I’m doing great, just a little trouble here and there, but everything is absolutely great.” Said Mr. Ok. “May I ask, Have Taecyeon come looking for you recently or anything about him happen at all?” He asked.

             “Well, he didn’t but in his record it shows that he have drop-out of school.” Said Mr. Jang. “He will be leaving school officially at the end of this week. Dae-jin, may I ask, did something happen? Is he okay?”

             Mr. Ok face was full of shock. He gulp before he answer Mr. Jang questions. “I don’t know. He didn’t tell me anything about this.”

             “Oh I see. It sad to see him withdraw from school. He is an excellent student and will be graduating this semester, but sadly he drop-out. I was hoping you could talk him out of it and continues his education.”

             “Thank you for your concern Mr. Jang. I will once I get a hold of him.” Said Mr. Ok. “Thank you Mr. Jang. You have a goodnight.”

             “You too.” Said Mr. Jang before he hang up his phone.

             Mr. Ok put his phone on the table and look at Mrs. Im and Yoona.

             “What happen to Taeyeon oppa, appa?” Yoona worriedly asked.

             “He drop-out of school. This week will be his last week at the university.” Said Mr. Ok.

             “What! He drop-out?” Mrs. Im shockingly and surprisingly said.

             Mr. Ok nodded. “Mr. Jang have no information of him.”

             “He didn’t come home. He didn’t answer his phone and he drop-out of school. What is he thinking about?” Mrs. Im enquired them.

             Taecyeon have disappeared. The more Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im talks about Taecyeon missing, the more it concern Yoona.

             “Im Seulong. Seulong oppa might know. He is Taecyeon’s oppa best friend.” Yoona speaks up.

             “Right.” Mr. Ok agreed. “I’ll call the IM resident and see if Seulong is there or know anything about Taecyeon.”

             Immediately, Mr. Ok pick his phone again and dial the IM resident numbers. Waiting patiently for the phone call to go through, Yoona silently pray that they will where Taecyeon is.

             “Annyounghaeseyo, Dae-jin.” Mr. Im answered the called.

             “Annyoung Yong-jae.” Mr. Ok greeted him in return. “How are you?” He properly greeted him first before going straight to the question.

             “I’m good and you?” He returned the questioned.

             “I’m sorry to bother you this late, but by any chance is Taecyeon over at your place with Seulong?” Mr. Ok asked.

             “He’s not here. I’ve not seen him here for a couple weeks. Why? Is something wrong with Taecyeon?” Mr. Im asked.

             “No, nothing. I was just checking on him. Kamsahamnida, we should have a drink someday.” Said Mr. Ok.

             “Araso.” Said Mr. Im.

             “Thank you and good night.” Said Mr. Ok.

             “Good night.”

             The two men ended the call. Mrs. Im and Yoona anxiously looked at Mr. Ok, waiting for him to speak.

             “Appa?”

             “He’s not there either.” Mr. Ok answered her.

             “Appa, can he really…?”

             “I don’t know Yoona. I don’t know.” Said Mr. Ok.

             Pale as snow, heart beats fast as a rocket. Yoona find herself lost, worry, and frighten by his absence.  Mrs. Im worriedly hold her hands, trying to comfort her with a soft warm yet forceful smiles.

             “He’s not coming back….” Said Yoona. “I’ve hurt him. I keep pushing him away….he’s not coming back.” Tears flowing down her cheeks as she looks at her mom. “Omma, I’m scare and worry.”

             “He will be fine. He will come back when he know that you’re pregnant with his child.” Said Mrs. Im.

             “This time….. this time is different.”

             “We’ll find him.” Said Mrs. Im.

* * * *

             A week have passed, the news of Taecyeon drop-out of school have spread out to all his friends. Yoona and the family have been looking for Taecyeon, but he was nowhere in the city. They continues to the searches as Yoona constantly calling Taecyeon and leaving him message; hoping he would listen and call back, but she wait and wait. Seulong is the only person who know what and where Taecyeon is, yet, he act clueless in front of Yoona. At school, rumors began spreading of Taecyeon’s leaving had to do something with Yoona and Siwon relationship. Now, just walking down the halls, glares strike fiercely at Yoona as she walks to her class or locker. Standing in front of her locker and putting her books away, Suzy and the girls walks up to Yoona and Sooyoung.

             “Are you happy now?” Suzy eyes were filled with anger as she looked at Yoona. “He’s gone. He drop-out now because of you and your stupid relationship with Siwon! I went looking for him but his nowhere in the city. This is all your fault!”

             Sadden by her words, Yoona looks away.

             “Hey, we’re looking for him too.” Said Sooyoung. “You’re not the only one that goes around the city looking for him. Yoona have been spending the past days looking for him when she should be resting because she’s pre…”

             “Sooyoung.” Yoona stopped her. “She’s right. It is my fault. I pushed him away. He drop out because of me. He’s gone because of me.”

             Suzy hissed as she rolled her eyes with her arms crossed.

             “You girls have so much free time in your hands huh?” Said Seulong.

“We don’t. We’re just staying the truth. It was her fault.” Said Gyuri.

“Everybody here know it was her fault that Taecyeon is gone now.” Said Yuri. “Taecyeon oppa is never like this until she show up.”

“It’s not their fault that Taecyeon’s is gone. He has his reason!” Seulong accidentally blurted it out.  

             His words shocks every girls there. Yoona immediately shock a look at him. “What do you mean?” She asked. “You know where he is?”

             Seulong nervously gulp. “I…I don’t.”

             His face expression fill with suspicion as Yoona and Sooyoung looks at him.

             “You’re the closest to Taecyeon oppa. You must know where he is.” Said Yoona.

             “No I don’t. I don’t where he is and what he’s doing.” Seulong lied as he looked into her eyes, hoping she will buy his words.

             “You’re lying.” Said Sooyoung.

             “Believe it or not, it doesn’t matter.” Said Seulong.

             “Oppa.” A young lady called from a short distant as she walks up to him. She smiles and wraps her arms around his right arm. “Such as excitement here.” She smiles to all the girls. “I’m Hara.”

             Yoona greeted her with a weak smile, “I’m Yoona.”

             “Sooyoung.” She smiles.

             Suzy, Yuri, and Gyuri just looked at her deviously.

             Hara look back at Seulong, waiting for him to say something but only to see him irritated looks away from the girls. “I didn’t know you were so popular with the girls at school.”

             “I’m not.” Said Seulong.

             “Oh really?” Said Hara. “Then why are the girls surrounding you?”

             “Because of Taecyeon.” Seulong answered.

             “I see. Ok Taecyeon is very lucky to have so many girls after him.” Said Hara.

             “Except me.” Said Sooyoung.

             “Seulong oppa, if you know where he is can you please tell me? There’s something important I need to tell.” Said Yoona anxiously as she looks at Seulong.

             “You trashed him away at the cafeteria last week and know you want him back. Don’t you know have any shame?” Said Yuri.

             “I know what I said and did, and I regret it. Right now, I just want to know where he is and explained to him everything.” Yoona strongly face Yuri.

             “I’m sorry Yoona. I don’t know where he is.” Said Seulong forcefully before he walks away hand-in-hand with Hara.

             From the look of his face, Hara knew something was wrong. She knew Seulong was lying to Yoona, but she also understand why he’s doing this. The only thing she can do to lighten up his mood is tightly hold his hand and warmly smiles at him.

             Yoona walks away with teardrops  gliding down her cheeks. “Oppa, please comeback.”

 

To be continue……………………………….

        Hi Every body, 
It has been so long since I update and I'm deeply sorry. I've been so busy with school work and work in general. I try updating but so many keep coming up so I could not update. No worry, the semester is almost over, I will have more time updating. I promise. Thank you for your patience. 

Lindatr2011