Ch. 19: It hurts

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            It’s 6:30 pm; Siwon have arrived and waited at the front of the door with Mrs. Im keeping him company during the waiting time. Just chatting happily with Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok, surely Siwon was making his way up to their A-list as the best son-in-law choice for Yoona.               

            Walking down from the second floor, Yoona delightedly walks up to Siwon and Mrs. Im. “Sorry for making you wait.” Yoona apologized.

            Siwon charmingly smiles, “It’s okay. We’re not in a hurry.” He said.

            Yoona shyly smiles.

            “Pretty girl, handsome man.” Mr. Ok teased.

            “Alright, you two should get going. I have to go cook dinner for appa and Taecyeon.” Said Mrs. Im. “By the way, where could Taecyeon be? He usually comes home after school?” Mrs. Im curiously wonders.

            “He could be at Seulong or the gym.” Mr. Ok smiles.

            “Should we call him to come home?” Mrs. Im worriedly asked.

            “He’s a big boy. He knows how to take care of himself.” Said Mr. Ok with ease. He looks back at Yoona and Siwon. “Have fun.” Mr. Ok happily waves at them. “Make sure you bring her back safely.

            Siwon nodded happily and bowed to them. “I will ahjussi, ahjumma.”

            Siwon her to his car. Yoona could only force a smile; she’s suppose to be excited for her dinner date with Siwon, but it’s empty. It bothers her, how she felt nothing but only worries. Siwon starts his engine and drive to his family hotel. Seeing Siwon’s car pull up into the driveway. The bellboy rushes to Siwon and Yoona, opening the door for them. Before walking to the doubles door, abrupt by his feeling inside of her, Yoona turns around and looks at the busy road to the valley across the street. She feels Taecyeon existent nearby. 

            “Is there something wrong?” Siwon worriedly asked.

            Yoona lightly shook her head and continues walking with him into the hotel. Taecyeon hid behind a big tree, watching her at the same time hiding from her and Siwon. He knew she would go with Siwon no matter how much he begged her not too. He watches them entered the hotel and walked down the glamorous antique hall.

            Chatting and enjoying their dinner, Siwon lightly waved his hand, a waitress walks up to him, and he asked her to bring a special treat up. Giving Yoona a surprise, the waitress place a heart shape dessert covered with chocolate and a strawberry on the top, made by Siwon, on the table, one in front of her and the second in front of him.

            “Do you like it?” Siwon nervously asked.

            Yoona was delighted to see a beautiful dessert in front of her. She noticed the shape of the dessert, she knew what it meant, and was not touched by it or wanting to give him an answer.

            “It very pretty.” Said Yoona uncomfortably.

            Siwon disappointedly smiles, “Try it.” He said.

            Yoona pick up a small fork and tries the dessert. Like a delicate item, Yoona treat with care, tasting it carefully.

            “It’s really good.” Yoona commented. “No wonder you restaurant is very successful. Good foods, service and the mood are all excellent. Even I’m attracted to this restaurant.”

            “Thank you. I was afraid you wouldn’t like it.” Said Siwon with smiles.  

            “I’m not picky.” Said Yoona. “Everything here looks and tastes so good.” She sweetly smiles.”

            “Come here more often.” Said Siwon. “Don’t worry about the check.”

            “But that would be awkward. I would feel uncomfortable making you pay every time I want to come here and eat.” Said Yoona.

            “It’s okay. It’s my pleasure to treat a pretty girl.” Siwon smiles as he continues eating the dessert. “Maybe next you come, I’ll personally be in the kitchen and serve you lunch or dinner.”    

            Yoona could only shyly smiles as she relishes the desert.

            “Do you want to go to the movie?” Siwon asked.

            Yoona cutely nodded, “Sure.” She quickly answered. But shortly after her answer, somehow she thought of Taecyeon. Her smiles disappear. She tried hard to push him out of her head, but she couldn’t.

            After finishing the dessert, the two of them leaves the restaurant and head to the exit happily where his car shifts to park and waits. Stepping out of the hotel, Yoona came to a stop the moment she sees Taecyeon standing on the right side, ten feet away from the red carpet. Her smiles and happy moment with Siwon disappear as she upsetly looked at Taecyeon.

            “Taecyeon oppa…” She whispered in shock.

            “It seem like your brother is here to pick you up.” Said Siwon, trying to hide his disappointment. Yoona kept glaring at Taecyeon. “How about we go to the movie next time?” He suggested.

            Yoona looks back at Siwon, “Mianhe Siwon oppa.” She bowed her head lightly.

            “It’s okay. There’s nothing to be sorry.” Siwon calmly said. “Do you want me to call the taxi for you and your brother or do you want me to drive both of you home?”

            “No, It’s fine.” Said Yoona as she coldly glares at Taecyeon.

            Her second date ruined by Taecyeon again. She distraughtly walks off. Taecyeon rushes to her—worriedly following her. Siwon stood and watched at the walkway, thinking to himself whether he should interfere or not, but seeing her upset face ease his eagerness to follow. He was displeased to see Taecyeon here in front of his hotel and ruining another date of his and Yoona either.

            Crossing the busy street to a sidewalk up to a small park, Yoona picked up her paces, walking faster and farther away from the hotel. Tears start strolling down her cheeks. Her heart ache and confused, she finally come to a stop and turns around to face him.

            “Yoona…”

            Fire builds in her eyes as she glares at him intensely. She walks up to him and swings her purse at him first then repeatly hitting his chest with her two skinny little hands.

            “I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.” Yoona shouted in tears. Repeatly hitting him, she continues to throw her anger at him. “Why do you keep ruining my life? Why do you keep showing up when I don’t want you too? Why do you keep interfering in my life?”

            He watched tear after tear rolling down her cheeks; it ache his heart. He knows he’s at fault, but he can’t help it. He worries about her, fear she might be at harm. He does not fully trust Siwon. He’s always afraid Siwon would do something to hurt her.

            “Why do you keep on doing this to me?” Yoona continues.

            He couldn’t stand watching her like this and pull her into his arms, embracing her tightly. With an immediately response, Yoona pushes her hands at his chest, shoving him away from her. Taecyeon retreat a couple steps back and sadly yet guiltily looks at her.

            “Do you know how hurt I am?” Yoona sobs. “Do you know I’m trying hard to move on from this forbidden love? Do you know how much I like Siwon oppa?” Taecyeon was wordless as he stands and continues to listen to her heartbreaking confessed. “I wanted to tell him that I like him for many years. I wanted to tell ‘Yes, I want to be your girlfriend.’ but because of you, I couldn’t. I couldn’t get a word out of my word. I hate you. I hate you, Ok Taecyeon.”

            Repeating those hateful aches his heart. This time, he really felt his heart in pain--dead again just like many years ago after his mom died. He couldn’t breath at all as he stood before her.

            “Mianhe Yoona.” He regretfully apologized to her. “I just want to protect you.”

            “I don’t need your protection. I don’t need you to care about me. I don’t need you at all!” Yoona loudly said.

            Tears keep strolling down her cheeks one after another, Taecyeon take a step with his right hand up ready to wipe her tears away. But Yoona takes a cold step back away from him. It hurt him seeing her rejecting him again.

            “Since the day you confess, it have driven crazy. I can’t be myself. I can’t think clearly. It troubles me a lot. I couldn’t get a decent normal day without thinking about you. I appreciate that you open yourself and loving me, but it hurt me because I can’t return the same feeling you give to me.” She paused before she absurdly speaks again, “I don’t love you.” Taecyeon lost his breath. He felt his heart have stop beating for a second as he look at her. “I want to move on. I want to accept Siwon oppa feeling for me, but I can’t because of you.” Yoona said. Tears kept strolling down her eyes even though she have told them thousand of times not too. Part of her words was lies.

            “Then what do you want me to do! I can’t help the fact that just thinking about you in danger frightens me. I can’t stop myself.”

            “I want you gone! I want you out of my life!” She exclaimed. Sobbing with her head tilt to the side, inhaling and exhaling a couple times before she face him again. I really wish you weren’t in my life at all. I really you could just vanish in front of me.” Yoona said in a tiring voice. 

            A pause moment between as he strive the pain in his heart she have given to him. The words that become knives and pierces through him without mercy. Placing his hand at the center—slightly to the left side of his chest, he can’t feel his heart beating anymore.

            Tilting her head to the side, wiping a couple tears away before she painfully faces him again. “I really wish you never exist in my life…. You’re hurting me. You’re suffocating me.” Yoona voice melts. “I don’t want you in my life.”

            Shattered by her words, in pain by her words, he forcefully gulps and forces a hurtful smile on his face. “Mianhe…. I didn’t know… I didn’t know I was hurting you. I thought if… if I try hard…hard enough to get you to understand and accept my feeling, I would win your heart… but I didn’t know I was only hurting you more and more.” Taecyeon said with sorrow. “It was only me that like you… it was only I that love you… it was all me.” Taecyeon hurtfully stuttered. “If you tell me you don’t love me…. I won’t pursue you anymore… I’ll disappear in front you. I promise you…. I won’t bother you anymore.” Trying to get the words out of his mouth, he turns around just in time before Yoona catches him in tears. “Mianhe Yoona….” Taecyeon walks away hopelessly and torn, granting her wish. It hurts him, but he can’t stop. Not there, not in front of her. He will disappear in her life—no longer be a part of her life.

            Seeing him walks away, Yoona drop to her knees—in a sitting position. She covers , crying as her heart aches the same as his. She’s now completely shattered, pleading help from above, pleading them to guide her, to give her strength to stand again. But it hurts too much. Her heart can’t take it. She have hurt him once again, but this more painful. If only she could have control herself, from speaking those lies to him. It’s all too late now; every thoughtless word have left . He’s gone now, far away from her.

            Once again, he walks a lonely and painful road. He keeps walking and walking in this endless pain at his chest. Eyes are red, head facing the ground, cold hands and ears. Just recalling everything, recalling the moments of Yoona, it was all a lied. All her words were lies. He knew he would get hurt if he opens his heart. He knew this would happen; yet he rebels. Now he’s a lone again, lonely in this world. It’s just him. 

 

To be continues……….

(Recommend listening to this song as you read this chapter.) 

Inspirational song: Moment by Lee Changmin