Ch. 46: With you

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            Many hours after in the emergency room, Taecyeon is now in a coma in a private room at Seoul Hospital. Yoona sit beside him, holding onto his hands tightly as she rest her head on the bed. Seulong, Yuri, Suzy sat on the couches in the corner of the room. Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im are home resting after Seulong successfully convince them to go home and rest. The room was quiet. Everybody peacefully rest in the room.

             Another two hours have passed. Taecyeon is finally awake from his coma. He slowly open his eyes and look at the ceiling first before he felt a warm present holding his left hand. Slowly, he turn his head to the left and sees Yoona resting her head on the bed. Carefully lifting his other free hand up and moving towards her head; he gently glide her bang to the side and warmly watches her sleeps. His eyes shift to a shiny object around her wrist; it was his mom bracelet. She keep the bracelet by her side.

             “Mianhe Yoona….mianhe. I know I’m a coward. I know I’ve done a lot thing that hurt you… pushes you away, but it’s all for your good. I don’t have much time. It is not that I’m afraid of getting treated. I’m just afraid that it will and I will be my mom.  Siwon is a good man too. He will take good care of you… I will always you…so please….. please forget me.”

             Taecyeon slowly and carefully pull his hand back without waking her. He got off bed from the other and grab the blankets and place it over Yoona, keeping her warm. Looking again, he lower his upper body and place a soft kiss on her forehead. He grabs his jacket and walks out of the room quietly without waking anybody.

             The sun have finally rise. Yoona is awake from her sleep. Immediately, she jolt up on her feet realizing he have silently leave.

“Taecyeon oppa.” Yoona worriedly called his name.

             Seulong, Yuri, and Suzy open their eyes after hearing Yoona voice. Looking over to the bed; it was empty. Taecyeon is gone. They all jump onto their feet.

             “What the?” Seulong shockingly speaks.

             “He’s gone.” Yuri worriedly said as she immediately went searching for him.

             “When did he leave? How come we didn’t hear a thing?” Said Suzy.

             “He can’t be far.” Said the anxious Yoona as she head to the door.

             “Yoona stop for a second.” Said Seulong. “We don’t know when he left. We don’t where he is right now.”

             “His workplace.” Said Yoona.

             Yuri was back into the room, “The nurse said she saw a young man leaving around 4 A.M.”

             “Why didn’t she stop him?” Suzy raised her voice a little.

             “She thought he went for a little walk.” Yuri answered.  

             “Yoona, I’ll take you to his workplace.” Said Seulong. He look at Suzy and Yuri, “You two go to Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im and let them know what happen.” He instructed them.

             Suzy and Yuri was not pleased with the planned, they was to go look for Taecyeon to, but they no choice. The two of them knew it is not time to get jealous, envy, and fight over a guy who they also like. They also know that it is best Yoona and Seulong go look for after they heard Taecyeon call out her name last night. And so, Suzy and Yuri nodded and leave the room, reporting to the nurse station before exiting the hospital. Seulong and Yoona begin their search for Taecyeon, starting from his workplace. They search for him, calling him phone numerous of times, and shouting out his name in public. Taecyeon was nowhere seen. He kept himself hidden well enough to watch Yoona from afar like before. It was tiring. Seulong was tired. Yoona was also tired but she insist continues looking for Taecyeon. Seulong stop her and remind her that is pregnant, not a robot. He was able to get Yoona to rest and eaten well before they continues looking for Taecyeon again.

             For hours, Seulong and Yoona keeping looking, going to place they think Taecyeon might be at, but only to disappointedly sighed and continues looking. The day slowly becomes dark, Seulong decided to take Yoona home to rest.

             “Seulong oppa, we should go to Taecyeon apartment one more time.” Yoona suggested.

             “He won’t be there. We were there a couple hours ago and he wasn’t there.” Said Seulong hopelessly.

             “We should try again, maybe this time he is there.” Said Yoona confidently.

              Seulong exhale deeply and nodded agreeably. Yoona quickly went upstairs and pack her thing before she leave again. This time, she’s prepare to stay close to Taecyeon, not letting him out of her sight. Seulong got up from the couch, leave the house, and drove Yoona to Taecyeon studio apartment. He part his car in the parking lots, helping her carry her bag as lead her up the stairs to the fourth floor. Third door to the left is Taecyeon’s apartment. They stop in front of his apartment, knock on the door again. This time, Taecyeon is indeed home and hiding beside the door. Seulong try again and wait patiently for an answered. There was no answered. Seulong take out his phone and dial Taecyeon number. Their eyes widen upon hearing noise from inside the apart. Yoona hid on the side, letting Seulong knock the doors again.

             “Taec, I know you’re in there.” Seulong shouted. “Open the door.” He waited for a reply again. “Open this door! Do you know we’ve been looking for you all day? You can’t just disappear without letting us know or writing us a letter.” He pound on the door again. “Yah! I’m going to stay out here till you open the door. Yoona is not here, so open this god damn door! Do make me barge in!” 

             Taecyeon annoyingly answer the open.

             “You can stop.” Taecyeon asked coldly.

             “Why did you leave the hospital?” Seulong asked.  “Everybody was worry about you?”

             “I don’t want to be there.” Said Taecyeon.

             “Yoona is worry about you.” Said Seulong. “You could at least go looked for her or your parent and let them know you’re alright.”

             “She is better without me.” Taecyeon hopelessly looked away.

             Yoona walked out from the side, “Do you really think so? Do you really think I do better without you?” She asked him.

             Taecyeon surprised to see Yoona in front of his apartment.

            “I had to bring her with me.” Seulong guiltily said. “At least she can take care of you.”

            Taecyeon grab tightly onto the doorknob, he close the door. Seulong grabbed the door and stopped it.

            “Taec, stop being so stubborn. I want to help you. Yoona want to help you. Your parent wants to help you.” Said Seulong, trying to pursue him. “You faint many times, I can’t always be there to help you.”

            Yoona help Seulong push the door open. Taecyeon, wreck in pains, retreat back a couple feet before supporting himself with his arms on the chairs. Yoona and Seulong successfully barge into the apartment. “Oppa!” Yoona terrifyingly run to him. Seulong went to get his medicine. Yoona trace her hands across his forehead, wiping the sweat off. She held his left hand tightly with his right hand cup the side of his face, fighting the pain with him. Seulong drop her bag beside the couch before he runs back to them with medicine and bottle of water in his hands. Yoona help feed medicine and water to Taecyeon. He swallow the pills down his throat; he inhale and exhale heavily as he hold Yoona hand tightly. Seulong watch Taecyeon pain cools down a little.

           “I should leave. Let me know if something happen again or you needed something.” Said Seulong.

            Yoona nodded.

           “Take her with you. Take her home.” Said Taecyeon, breathing heavily.                   

           “No. I’m staying with you.” Yoona angrily pout at him.

           Taecyeon looked up at Seulong, ordering him to do as he said. “Take her home.” He repeated.

           “Seulong, you can leave.” Said Yoona, glaring at Taecyeon.

           “Okay, this is you two business. My job is to bring my sister-in-law here. My working hours is close. I can’t give ride anymore.” Seulong playfully smiles. He walks to the door and wave at them before closing the door and immediately walks as fast as he could away from Taecyeon apartment. “This job is too dangerous.” He sighed.

           “Seulong!” Taecyeon shouted as he tried to get to the door. “Ah…” He cried in pain

            Yoona quickly went up to him and embrace him from behind, stopping him from standing and reaching the door. “I love you Taecyeon. I love you…. I love you… I love you…” She cries, hoping he want stop and let her stay with him. Taecyeon stopped and nervously looked at the floor.  “Please don’t push me away… I want to stay with you. I want to stay with oppa.” She pleaded in tears. “The baby and I need you.”

            “Why do you keep doing this to me? Why can’t you just forget me?” His voices shattered in sadness and hopeless. “Didn’t you say you want me gone… out of your life?”

            “I can’t……You already exist in my life. You’re my other half I want to be with.” She cried on his back. “I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry I didn’t let you explain. I’m sorry.” Taecyeon closed his eyes as tears stroll down his cheeks. “I want to stay with you, I want to be by your side for the rest of our journey. I don’t care about times, I just want to be with you.”

            The two of the shed endless silent tears as they sit on their knees by the door. Yoona embracing Taecyeon from the back, tearing and pleading him not to ignore her, not act so cold anymore.

* * * *

            One hour have passed, Taecyeon make the bed for Yoona—preparing clean blankets and pillows for her to stay at night. Yoona walked out of the bathroom in his large size t-shirt and box short, since she forgot to bring her pajama, and a towel to dry her hair. 

           “Are you hungry?” Taecyeon asked without facing her.

          “I’m not going to answer if you don’t look at me.” Yoona demanded.

          Taecyeon sighed and turn around, he look at her with a straight face. “Are you hungry?” He asked again.

          “A little.” She answered him.

          Taecyeon walked to the kitchen, grabbed a few thing out of the fridges—noodles, tomatoes, and ground beef. He starts making spaghetti for her. Yoona walk to the open kitchen, sat on the chair in front of the counter and watch him cook. Constantly watching him, a smile flashes across her face as she looked down her at her two-month bump. Taecyeon place a cup of room-temperature water in front of her before he resumes his cooking. Yoona delightedly took a sip of water as she continues to watch him. Fifteen minutes later, food was done and ready to serve. He carefully pours the spaghetti into a dish then places it in front of her with a fork.

          “What about you?” She asked.

          “I’m not hungry.” He coldly answered her. He turned around to grab the pan, but Yoona grabbed his arm and pull his attention back to her. Quickly she locked her lips on his. Taken by surprise, Taecyeon eyes widen as he looked at her. Yoona wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss and waiting for him to respond. Fighting himself not to give in, but he misses her lips so much. He closed his eyes and respond to her kiss passionately before she happily breaks away.

           “Please stop treaty me so cold.” She pleaded softly. “I want us to be like before, like when we were secretly dating behind our parent back.”

           Taecyeon stiffly looks at her, unable to put a smile on his face. “Eat.” He said before turning around—grabbed the pan and put it in the sink. Yoona hopelessly sighed and sat back down on her seat and begin eating. First bite was delightful. Second bite bring backs old memories, whether it was good or not. Third bite, she misses everything about him.

            After he finish washing the pan, Taecyeon walks to the closet and grab a pillow and another blanket out. He carries it to the couch and places it there before walking to the windows—closing it. He fear Yoona might get cold at night. Yoona finish her meal and brought the dish to the sink and washing it.

           “You can just leave it there.” Said Taecyeon without looking at her as he prepares this couch.

            Yoona was already finish and drying her hair with a towel. “It’s done.” She said. She walks to him, puzzle at why he’s spread a blanket over the couch.

            Taecyeon stop and grabbed her hand, he walked her over to his bed. “You could sleep on the bed, I’ll sleep on the couch.” He said, letting her hand go. “If it gets cold, let me know.” He head back to the couch.

            “You’re not sleeping with me.”  She asked him.

            Taecyeon stopped his movement, hesitating to answer her. “No.” He said in a hoarse tone as he try to distant himself from her. Yoona watches him walk to the light switch and turn off the light. She pout as he walks to the couch. Taecyeon rest his body on the couch, covering himself with a blanket. Yoona walk to him, stood in front of the long couch.

            “Then I want to sleep with you on the couch.” She demandingly said.

            “It’s not big. Just go back to bed.” Taecyeon coldly said.

            “Small is better. It’s warmer.” She said. She stand and wait for him to speak again. “If you don’t let me sleep with you on the couch then I’ll sleep on the cold floor beside you.” She stubbornly threatens him.

            Taecyeon try ignoring her, but stubbornness eventually defeated him. He pulled the blanket aside, “You sleep inside.” He said.

            Yoona smiles and got on the couch carefully. She rests her head on his arms and part of her body on the left side of his body. Taecyeon pulled the blanket over them. With her back against his chest, Yoona grabbed his other hand and place it at her stomach, making him feel the baby in her.

            “I don’t know what Siwon told you that day, I want to make this clear. Nothing happen between him and me. We just watch the moon in the back of my mom house.” She asked. Thinking about it makes Taecyeon mad and jealous. “You are such an idiot. How could you believe what he said to you?”

            “I don’t know. I don’t know why.”  Taecyeon honestly answered her.

            Yoona shift her body around and looked up at him. She cupped his face and pulled it back down to her, meeting her eyes. “When there’s a blood stain on the bed after a long night, men should get a clue of what they have taken from their partner.” She said softly. “I also told you that you were my first.” Gently she touches his right ear. “When Seulong told me you lost your hearing because of me, I was devastated. I curse myself every night for being so careless and stupid. I pray every night for you to come back home. I pray that you can still hear me.” A tear escapes from her eyes. “Mianhe...”

            Taecyeon moves his right hand up to her right cheek and gently wipe her tear away. “I may have lost my hearing on my right ear, but I can still hear you on my left.” He calmly said. He moves his right hand down to her stomach and places it carefully there—feeling the baby in his palm.

            “It’s two months.” She said. Taecyeon accidentally smiles lightly. She caught his smiles. “Are you going to tell me to abort the baby again?”

           “Why?” He asked. She cluelessly looked at him. “My mom had cancer and died. Now it’s mine turn. I’m struck with leukemia and I don’t have much ti—…”

           Yoona quickly place her hand over his mouth, shutting him. “I don’t want to hear you saying those words anymore.” She angrily pouted at him. “Your omma may have cancer, you may have leukemia, but is curable. It doesn’t mean the baby will inherit what you or your omma have. It’s not genetic. The only things the baby will inherit are our looks, personalities, and our loves. ” She said. “This is our first child. I want to keep the child and I hope you won’t ask me to abort the baby.”

            “I don’t want you to get an abortion.” He confessed. Yoona shockingly looked at him. “I lied.” He said as he looked at her. “But I don’t want you and the baby to suffer because of me.”

           “We will get through this together. Suzy’s uncle have found a match for you. So please don’t lose hope.” She said. “Please do the operation.” She pleaded. Looking into his eyes, “for me and the baby….”

           Taecyeon stayed silent, unable to give her a definite answered.

           “There is something I need to tell you….” Yoona peacefully spoke. With warms smiles and her head rest on the left side of his chest, listening to his heartbeats. “From the first time we met, I’ve already liked you. I thought several times, whether my heart is ready…. ready for you. But now I now… I’ve been ready…. been waiting for you.” Her eyes shut as she continues with soft tones. “I have love you from the start…so please…please don’t give up... please promise me you won’t leave me.”

            Quietly listening to her, he grieves sadly as he stare at the couch with her in his arm. “I promise. Go to sleep.”    

            Yoona softly smiles and slowly fall asleep in his arms. Waiting and watching her deeply asleep, he gently brushes his fingers against her soft cheek, then through her soft silky hair. He pecked her forehead softly. “I really want to, trust me, I really do. But the chance of me getting a match is very low. I don’t have trust in the hospital, not after what happen to my omma.” He rests his forehead on hers. “But I will always love you Yoona… always will.” He whispered softly. Closing his eyes, he soon fell asleep.

 

To be continue………………………………………………………